Thread: This battle exceeds the recommended size for your detected settings

Default This battle exceeds the recommended size for your detected settings

Hello everyone ! I am new on this forum. I think I've got a problem with my M2TW or with my computer. I play on a computer laptop Lenovo ideapad 310. Windows 10 Family 64 bits Intel Core i5 7200 CPU 2.50 GHz 2.71GHz Chipset Intel HD Graphics 620 I thought I was able to run M2TW with full settings and large scale units, but my game lags a lot during battles. When I try to create a custom battle, it is said that this battle exceeds the recommended size for your detected settings, this may results in degraded performance. Wich is true.. It seems crazy to me because I can run others and more recent games on my computer perfectly well. I tried to put settings lower, to reduce units scale, but it changed nothing. I tried to desactivate my Intel Chipset to be sure that the game is running with nVidia GeForce without success. The game actually run with the nVidia, but I still can't put large unit scale and play epic battles.. I have M2TW on Steam. I don't understand, is my computer too weak to run my game with full settings on, or did I miss something during the installation ? However, I run the game perfectly with full settings but with normal unit scale.. Wich is poor and annoying.. I also have many bugs with my computer in general, I am thinking about formatting and restoring it entirely if I can't find any solution for this problem on M2TW. I add my DxDiag if you want to check more. Please, help me ! Sorry if my english is bad, I'm a french guy ;-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; January 14, 2019 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Format.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: This battle exceeds the recommended size for your detected settings

It's an issue with using only one core of your processor, hence your CPU speed (2.5Ghz) already presents a bottle neck as it is the minimum speed you need.

Memory tells me that your custom DPI setting of 125% (type DPI into your windows search bar) may have an impact as well.

If you want to play with huge unit scale (sucks in siege battles because of path finding issues) then I would suggest to switch off shadows and reduce some of the detail settings in the game's video option screen.

Also apply this tutorial to increase FPS rate during those siege battles.

Hi Gigantus, thanks for your reply.

I already tried to reduce details and switch off some settings, but it changed nothing.
    Even if I play with the lowest configuration and the lowest screen resolution, I still can't put more than 4000 units on a battlefield without the warning message.. and lags..
    So I don't think that your Reduced City Textures file will change a thing.. But maybe I'll try it ultimately !
    I reduced my custom DPI at 100%, with no effects or changes.

Is there a way to make my processor using all its cores ?
    Damn laptop ! I can run Skyrim perfectly well, but not M2TW ?!

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

no way to make it run on more cores, its a game engine issue.

You can try running the directx jun 2010 file to see if that helps, but as gigantus said its probably a bottleneck issue with your core speed, especially since its integrated graphics which compounds that issue. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!