Thread: Political Events No Results

UltimateTobi's Avatar Foederatus

Default Political Events No Results

Hello all!

I am currently playing a Multiplayer Campaign with a friend and whenever we get a Political Event that we can solve by multiple choice, we don't get a result next turn. No notification nor a positive or negative result.

Is anyone else experiencing this and/or is it a known bug? In 1.2.3e we stil got them. Since 1.2.4 we don't. (It's a new game!)

Jake Armitage's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Political Events No Results

yeah, known issue and Tenerife also reported to CA.

I imagine this works so:
    - an hardcoded script pick a random party
    - random party is the object of the event (description into cdir tables)
    - CA didn't write the tooltip update

So effects take place, but you can't track them really well.

Those still work fine (other party wanting to adopt, etc).
    What isn't working are the ones like someone smashing up a temple and deciding what to do.
    Or General X sailing down the Cloaca Maxima.
    Or Gods being angry and you sacrifice a 100 bulls.

Those random events fire, you can choose what to do, but you get no notification next turn.
    You also don't get any yield, positive or negative. Usually it shows the Effect under Faction > Summary. Not anymore.
    That is a known bug? Does anybody know how it got introduced? Since there only was a tiny Community Fixes patch.

I've seen it in my Roman company. But I did not pay any attention to it, because these questions are the same type and playing for a long time in ROME II I learned them by heart) I just automatically choose the right option and went on, knowing that it will not bring me any harm. With cloaca for example need ask a good spanking General and not allow his foolish swim) with gods typically stab 100 bulls, at least in my case this always worked positively. If you have played the early versions of Rome and know the correct answers, nothing has changed in the latest version. The same options of answers were correct. Maybe something has changed in the answers to the questions for the events in Multiplayer Campaign? I didn't play, but I doubt it.

Does something like "outcome has yet to be revealed" comes out as payload?

I don't remember, does a pop up appear on the turn that they are resolved (and the effect is applied)?
    I think I remember reading on the official forums that the engine permits only one popup, so some messages could be skipped

Despite I think there are some Events that still doesn't show any effect/result, others has been fixed by CA thanks to my report on total war official forum:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...ts-info#latest

but as I read in the OP you dont even get any of these screen results so maybe they are not working on the Multiplayer campaign. Can't say if it's a CA fault or DeI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Does something like "outcome has yet to be revealed" comes out as payload?
    No, that usually comes under Faction > Summary, when you have chosen what to do. But in this case, it doesn't show.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    I don't remember, does a pop up appear on the turn that they are resolved (and the effect is applied)?
    I think I remember reading on the official forums that the engine permits only one popup, so some messages could be skipped
    Usually it does next turn. But in this case it does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Despite I think there are some Events that still doesn't show any effect/result, others has been fixed by CA thanks to my report on total war official forum:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...ts-info#latest

but as I read in the OP you dont even get any of these screen results so maybe they are not working on the Multiplayer campaign. Can't say if it's a CA fault or DeI.
    It's like the events fire, but are not resolved
    I noticed there are new events (don't know if added by DEI or vanilla), but both, old and new, events don't work at all.

I give another example: Someone smashed up a temple.
    You then get to choose what to do with him (for example Execute, Hand over, Leave be, etc).
    Now it doesn't matter what I choose here (say I take Hand over), it should then show under Faction > Summary that an action/a consequence has yet to be revealed.
    If I end the turn now and enter my next, no pop up notifying me of a result. If I go to the Faction > Summary screen, the "status effect" reminding me that an action will be resolved is gone, and I have received no proper status effect whatsoever. Neither in the Summary screen, on any of my Characters, Armies or Fleets.
    This happens with all events.

Now I don't know if that happens in Grand Campaign as well, but it does happen in Multiplayer Campaign since 1.2.4 (OR the Community Fixes patch that got released by CA).

It's not severely game breaking, but it does take away from the experience and you also miss out on some nice buffs (and debuffs).

Note: this does NOT apply to Political Actions/Events (I may have worded the Title wrong), if another party tries to adopt or whatever, of if there's another character that I can hire or refuse, and I choose something, that still works fine.

So it must be bound to Random Events, not Political Events. (Even though some Random Events influence Politics.)

Check payload into cdir tables, my opinion is some (like "rom_payload_resolution" or "rom_payload_wait_and_see") probably don't give effects, can't remember now.
    There is also an issue for mp regarding random numbers. Dunno if that's the case but usually random values are differnet for every player, so could be that something is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Check payload into cdir tables, my opinion is some (like "rom_payload_resolution" or "rom_payload_wait_and_see") probably don't give effects, can't remember now.
    There is also an issue for mp regarding random numbers. Dunno if that's the case but usually random values are differnet for every player, so could be that something is weird.
    It worked in Multiplayer Campaign before; flawlessly. So it must be something that happened between 1.2.3e and 1.2.4/CA's Community Fixes patch.
    I am no modder though and can't check what you request.
    Perhaps one of the DEI team would be so kind to look into this, just to confirm?