Thread: [REQUEST] Disable settlement defender deploying items/stakes/barricades

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Default [REQUEST] Disable settlement defender deploying items/stakes/barricades

I usually attack a settlement having the odds against me, so the defender sallies out. They spam out their spikes/stakes/walls in a line and that is a nuisance that does nothing but get troop stuck behind walls/enemy sending random units to lite fires to the pyres etc.

Submod to remove all those items, perhaps even including the fireballs you get in ambushes. I mean just remove everything, they don't work.
    'Just one more turn' - casual Rome II DeI player at 3am in the morning.

Default Re: [REQUEST] Disable settlement defender deploying items/stakes/barricades

+1 for this idea! The AI knows neither how to use these items to their advantage, nor to avoid them which makes it feel pretty cheap.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [REQUEST] Disable settlement defender deploying items/stakes/barricades

it's not difficult to do, I'll try when I'll have time (which is pratically 0) but consider "my to do modding list" is really long and I'm late on everything (PIGS, AeF, Testudo)

Jake, if you can give me an Plebian-level step-by-step guide (like basic enough to include which packs I need to load etc) on how to do it, I might be able to it myself!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Campidoctor

_Stances_Edicts_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions
    check for everything with deployables, like
    rom_force_enable_defensive_deployables_barricades
    set them to 0 (think so)

I'm not sure, but may be they are only into stance effects, I don't think they are into bulidings or traits or some other effect table