Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saudi woman who renounced Islam given asylum in Canada

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Saudi woman who renounced Islam given asylum in Canada

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-46844431

Canada has previously had spates with Arabia over similar issues, and here they are again embarrassing the rest of the Western world, the only countries where this women would be safe. Not to mention the UK’s pathetic performance in the Asia Bibi incident (who is still stuck in Pakistan after insulting the Prophet).

Asia Bibi and Rahaf Al-Qunun

Rahaf Al-Qunun was on a trip to Kuwait when she fled on a flight to Thailand, and then proceeded to barricade herself into a room, with a publicised Twitter presence reported at first by the Daily Mail.

This article, incidentally one of the most popular articles on BBC at the moment, details another girl’s similar experience. In Saudi Arabia, she couldn’t leave the house without consent. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46818237

Not everyone is so lucky, such as this woman who was ‘forcibly returned’ to Saudi Arabia, with saudi officials calling it a ‘family affair’. They said the same in regard to Rahaf who did make it out. The Rahaf woman claimed the male members of her family would abuse her if she returned, and even faced the death penalty.

I think this whole episode is a wake up call for the West to give greater attention to Saudi Arabia’s theocratic state.
    Last edited by Aexodus; January 13, 2019 at 06:56 AM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Saudi woman who renounced Islam given asylum in Canada

Haven't said this in a long time, but good job Canada.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Interesting that "left wing islam-loving Canada" took her while Trump sells weapons to the Saudis. What all these people who bash Canada and love Trump have to say about this?

Blog Entries

Presumably, ‘good job Canada’
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Going to go out and double down on some Labbat blue (union made) brew. Lagers are not my favorite but I'll raise a few to Canada. Good on you mates at least somebody in North America notices what an odious pile of crap the House of Saud is.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Interesting that "left wing islam-loving Canada" took her while Trump sells weapons to the Saudis. What all these people who bash Canada and love Trump have to say about this?
    Taquiyya Trump.

Of course, if the UK had a sensible PM who wasn't fixated with that target, Bibi woulod have been in blighty long ago.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Taquiyya Trump.

Of course, if the UK had a sensible PM who wasn't fixated with that target, Bibi woulod have been in blighty long ago.
    Don't count on it.

People think Theresa May's kid gloves with muslim nations is politicaly correct appeasement. In fact it's building good relations with trading partners. The only industry Britain kept post-EU was the arms business with BAE being one of the biggest non-US arms dealers in the world and they do extensive business with Saudi Arabia.

That doesn't really make Turd better (I recall there was a meltdown with Saudis due to mainly economic issues several months earlier), especially in light of him taking in ISIS members and all that, so there is no reason to believe that neoliberal manchild is making a grand stand against islamism.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    That doesn't really make Turd better (I recall there was a meltdown with Saudis due to mainly economic issues several months earlier), especially in light of him taking in ISIS members and all that, so there is no reason to believe that neoliberal manchild is making a grand stand against islamism.
    While Trump selling weapons to them makes a grand stand to islamism right?

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Best president ever according to HH

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Curious. If everyone apart from King Salman and his mum agrees that Saudi sucks and Canada was indeed wise to consider asylum without fuss, where does one expect the discussion to go? It is just that I'm writing a thesis on ursine excreta in wooded environments and I wouldn't want to be distracted.
    Last edited by mongrel; January 13, 2019 at 12:27 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

It is kind of part of their strategy. The biggest enemies of radical muslims are other muslims, if only because they are closest targets. So US actively fuels the local conflicts with arms sales and chaotically supporting various rebels in order to throw middle east into chaos and make the local powers spend the oil money on weapons, rather than expanding their influence. Side effects are that the violence spills over, which enables the government to implement various "security measures" to control the citizens, arms industry booms, and the fear creates alienation between non-muslims and muslims that makes it easier to gain public support for various extreme measures, like carpet bombing or occupation. Oh, and it also means Saudi Arabia won't be investing in creating its own military industry, so when US end their support, they'll end up like Iranian Air Force and aircraft industry after Islamic revolution.

For US politics, it's win-win scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Haven't said this in a long time, but good job Canada.
    Will have another beer.

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Indirectly yes, and it is a legitimate reason to criticize him. Having said that, he isn't as bad as his predecessors.

Blog Entries

Mohammad spoke on Canadian Broadcaster CBC about why she left, how she was beaten by her family, and how women in KSA are treated like slaves. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-46873796

Indirectly yes, and it is a legitimate reason to criticize him. Having said that, he isn't as bad as his predecessors.
    In what possible way? Just because you keep saying it does not make a reality.

As much as I'm quite skeptical about the story as well as our incompetent idiot PM, I'm glad we pissed off the Saudis.
    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    In what possible way? Just because you keep saying it does not make a reality.
    I explained this in great detail in Mattis thread. Plus Trump isn't even topic of this thread.

You brought it up - the mudpit is hardly good at staying on topic.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

So when would the joint operation of Chinese and Arab againsting Canada happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Over my dead body that might ruin the NHL. I've seen Chinese Olympic hockey (and Arab ice hockey) who are the US women going to play for real - when can I join the Maple Leaf Brigade?
    Last edited by conon394; January 17, 2019 at 02:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast