Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Macedonia approves constitutional amendment to change country's name to Republic of North Macedonia

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: The double standards of progressives in the West

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    It's claiming part of Greece.
    Except according to their Constitution and the recent agreement they don't claim any Greek territory. Having the name Macedonia does not make a claim on Greek territory no more than my nation being able to claim all of North America.

Macedonia itself can't pose a threat to Greece anyways.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: The double standards of progressives in the West

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Nahhh Ofc Macedonia is willing to face the ire of EU Armed Forces and Economic wrath, for a few more sheep hills.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Default Re: Macedonia approves constitutional amendment to change country's name to Republic of North Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Except according to their Constitution and the recent agreement they don't claim any Greek territory. Having the name Macedonia does not make a claim on Greek territory no more than my nation being able to claim all of North America.

Nope, the SAID that they'd change their constitution, but they didn't.

https://greekcitytimes.com/2019/01/2...-constitution/

Kyriakos Mitsotakis, leader of Greece’s main opposition party New Democracy, on Tuesday, demanded to see the final revised text of the constitution of FYROM, calling any attempts to discuss the Prespes Agreement in Parliament without seeing it first was “inconceivable”.

Having the name Macedonia does not make a claim on Greek territory no more than my nation being able to claim all of North America.
    Your argument does not bear close scrutiny.
    North America is a whole continent. Macedonia is the area covered by an ancient Hellenic (Dorian) kingdom. Its old borders are pretty much within Greek territory. The area of Skopje is not even Macedonia in the biggest part of its territory. It wasn't even named as Macedonia, but Vardarska.

As for posing a threat, the KLA couldn't pose a threat to the powerful Serbian army, but NATO, under the US, did manage to remove Kosovo from Serbia anyway, bombing on behalf of drug dealers and human organ traffickers.

the ire of EU Armed Forces

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Civitate

Default Re: Macedonia approves constitutional amendment to change country's name to Republic of North Macedonia

Nope, the SAID that they'd change their constitution, but they didn't.

https://greekcitytimes.com/2019/01/2...-constitution/
    The agreement they signed still explicitly says they don't claim Greek territory.

Your source does not state once Macedonia hasn't amended it's Constitution. It only says a member of the Greek opposition wants to see the revised text of the Macedonian Constitution.

Your argument does not bear close scrutiny.
    North America is a whole continent. Macedonia is the area covered by an ancient Hellenic (Dorian) kingdom. Its old borders are pretty much within Greek territory. The area of Skopje is not even Macedonia in the biggest part of its territory. It wasn't even named as Macedonia, but Vardarska.
    That's cool but it got named to Macedonia as is their right under self-determination.

As for posing a threat, the KLA couldn't pose a threat to the powerful Serbian army, but NATO, under the US, did manage to remove Kosovo from Serbia anyway, bombing on behalf of drug dealers and human organ traffickers.
    Serbia was also committing ethnic cleansing and war crimes. Highly doubt the US would attack it's own NATO ally especially considering there'd be no reason to. Your idea of Macedonia being a threat is a fantasy.

It only says a member of the Greek opposition wants to see the revised text of the Macedonian Constitution.
    The leader of the Opposition, not one member. And they didn't amend it. Go look for it.

The agreement they signed still explicitly says they don't claim Greek territory.
    They pissed on the previous agreement, they'll piss on this one, too.

That's cool but it got named to Macedonia as is their right under self-determination.
    I define myself as the President of the US. Gimme the nuke launch codes.

Serbia was also committing ethnic cleansing and war crimes.
    Were they, now? Did you see them? Do you have any reliable sources?
    By the way, where is the Serbian population of Kosovo?

Highly doubt the US would attack it's own NATO ally especially considering there'd be no reason to.
    That's the only valid point you've made.
    But what if Turkey were to attack its NATO ally? Let's say, to defend the "Macedonian minority of Greece"?
    Where would the US stand, and how far would the US be willing to take it, with either ally?
    Thing is, the US is trying to stop Russian influence in the area, but it's doing it in such an idiotic manner, that it really is achieving the opposite.
    Overexpanding the alliance, particularly by bringing in a country that is most likely going to have huge internal issues in the near future because it has a minority numbering almost 1/4 of its population, and has caused armed conflict in the past, is just asking for it. Particularly given that the "parent" country of this minority is already in NATO, and is an very close ally of the number one country in NATO that is questioning US domination of the alliance (with the support of Russia itself).
    But all that seems to be too complicated for US policy makers. Oh, well.

Civitate

The leader of the Opposition, not one member. And they didn't amend it. Go look for it.
    https://balkaninsight.com/2018/11/02...ts-11-02-2018/

Easy as pie.

They pissed on the previous agreement, they'll piss on this one, too.
    So Macedonia doesn't claim Greek territory? Thank you.

Were they, now? Did you see them? Do you have any reliable sources?
    By the way, where is the Serbian population of Kosovo?
    Plenty of evidence at the time. If you to actually talk about it go start a thread in VV. The Serb population in Kosovo resides in the North or did you not realize that? It's one of the main tension points between Kosovo and Serbia.

That's the only valid point you've made.
    But what if Turkey were to attack its NATO ally? Let's say, to defend the "Macedonian minority of Greece"?
    Where would the US stand, and how far would the US be willing to take it, with either ally?
    Thing is, the US is trying to stop Russian influence in the area, but it's doing it in such an idiotic manner, that it really is achieving the opposite.
    Overexpanding the alliance, particularly by bringing in a country that is most likely going to have huge internal issues in the near future because it has a minority numbering almost 1/4 of its population, and has caused armed conflict in the past, is just asking for it. Particularly given that the "parent" country of this minority is already in NATO, and is an very close ally of the number one country in NATO that is questioning US domination of the alliance (with the support of Russia itself).
    But all that seems to be too complicated for US policy makers. Oh, well.
    By that logic Greece should be kicked out. Greece had numerous internal issues during the Cold War and not only that staged an illegal coup against a democratic nation and then can complained when NATO didn't support them.

So Macedonia isn't a threat? That's established right?
    Last edited by Vanoi; March 18, 2019 at 03:43 PM.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

worst gif ever posted
    You do know Greece is part of Eu and so all Eu countries will automatic join side with Greece?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Easy as pie.
    Yeah, they didn't change anything. They put an addendum somewhere. That's really nothing, it can be easily revoked by the next government.

So Macedonia doesn't claim Greek territory? Thank you.
    Like I said, they pissed on the previous agreement, they'll piss on that too. Read it how you like, it's really getting boring.

Plenty of evidence at the time.
    No evidence.
    Current situation of Serbs in Kosovo:
    Serbs in Kosovo today lack physical security and consequently freedom of movement. They have no realistic possibility to return to their homes outside compact areas of Serb settlement, to which their freedom to speak Serbian and practice their Christian Orthodox religion is also restricted. They have poor access to public services, including education and justice. They face economic exclusion, including lack of access to employment, and limited political participation. Other issues are: limited participation in Kosovo institutions particularly at the central level; lack of confidence in the Kosovo police; illegal occupation of agricultural land owned by Kosovo Serbs; lack of proper maintenance of the Orthodox cemeteries and other religious sites; and a shortage of sustainable economic opportunities.
    https://minorityrights.org/minorities/serbs-3/

US "freedom".

By that logic Greece should be kicked out.

Yeah, do that, go for it. That would strengthen Turkey, practically allowing it dominance of the whole Balkan region (add Albania to that sphere of influence) to the point where, considering itself to be an Empire again (and why not) Turkey would simply exit NATO to openly join an alliance with Russia, completely defying the US (with Russian support). That would make sure that the US is COMPLETELY kicked out of the mid East. Turkey had troops even in Iraq until very recently, despite US objections, I don't remember if they recalled them, and I'm too bored to look, but she'd probably just reinvade even if they are out. I mean it's Iraq, not even Syria, which is an ally of Russia, so there's REALLY nothing to stop them. After that, the US would lose face to the point where it would be a real possibility that former soviet republics would even want to have anything to do with it, and they would certainly NOT be in the mood to get what Georgia got in the 2008 war (record 5 days war, even broke the record of the 6 day war). Dude, that would break US gains worldwide like a domino. How did you think of that?

Greece had numerous internal issues during the Cold War and not only that staged an illegal coup against a democratic nation and then can complained when NATO didn't support them.
    I wonder if a sudden spell of poor grammar by a native speaker is a sign of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    You do know Greece is part of Eu and so all Eu countries will automatic join side with Greece?
    If you are honest about this and not trolling, thank you, but nobody here believes that the EU would lift a finger militarily to support Greece. You could ask the Greeks of the forum to check that, and I am sure that the response you'd get would be an overwhelming no.
    Apart from that, the EU countries aren't really too powerful, particularly with regard to land forces. I was just checking Danemark's military, and, no offense but 38 main battle tanks in active service? Greece has more than 1200, and we consider ourselves a small force.
    Even Germany, one of the biggest countries in the EU has 328. These numbers just won't make much of an impact, even if the EU were to send everything (which would mean taking a huge amount of casualties and facing the wrath of their own people when the bodybags started coming home).
    But we don't need people dying for us. We need europeans listening to the facts:
    for a few more sheep hills.
    It's not about "sheep hills". The port of Thessaloniki is of strategic importance, which will become even greater if the Danube river were to be diverted to Thessaloniki:
    map in content box

here is an article in English:

https://www.tovima.gr/2017/12/13/int...s-river-canal/

You might find this interesting.

Edited by NorseThing. Please but large pictures in a content box.
    Last edited by NorseThing; March 18, 2019 at 07:26 PM. Reason: consecutive posts by member

Civitate

Yeah, they didn't change anything. They put an addendum somewhere. That's really nothing, it can be easily revoked by the next government.
    No it's them putting forth changes to their Constitution.

Like I said, they pissed on the previous agreement, they'll piss on that too. Read it how you like, it's really getting boring
    So again Macedonia does not claim Greek land? Thank you.

No evidence.
    Current situation of Serbs in Kosovo:
    Plenty of evidence. The topic is Macedonia, not Serbia. Go start a thread if you want to talk about Serbia.

laughter:
    Yeah, do that, go for it. That would strengthen Turkey, practically allowing it dominance of the whole Balkan region (add Albania to that sphere of influence) to the point where, considering itself to be an Empire again (and why not) Turkey would simply exit NATO to openly join an alliance with Russia, completely defying the US (with Russian support).
    Lol cause Greece is what is stopping Turkey from dominating Europw. Give me a break. I'd kick out Turkey too honestly. If they want to lick Russia's boot go for it. Most of their military relies on American weaponary so they'll be the ones shooting themselves in the foot.

That would make sure that the US is COMPLETELY kicked out of the mid East.
    Except all the US bases in the Middle East like in Qatar. And of course Israel itself still exists.

Turkey had troops even in Iraq until very recently, despite US objections, I don't remember if they recalled them, and I'm too bored to look, but she'd probably just reinvade even if they are out. I mean it's Iraq, not even Syria, which is an ally of Russia, so there's REALLY nothing to stop them.
    Turkey invading Iraq is impossible. They're military is too busy in Syria and attacking Iraq would mean attacking Iran since they hold most influence in Iraq. Hell alot of Iraq's military is the Iranian-supported PMF. Your theories are fantasy at best.

After that, the US would lose face to the point where it would be a real possibility that former soviet republics would even want to have anything to do with it, and they would certainly NOT be in the mood to get what Georgia got in the 2008 war (record 5 days war, even broke the record of the 6 day war). Dude, that would break US gains worldwide like a domino. How did you think of that?
    Poland and Eastern Europe itself are some of the biggest NATO supporters there are. Poland itself wants a permanent US military base on it's soil. The Baltics sure do like the NATO force in their countries preventing Russian meddling.

Ukraine and Romania have their own issues with Russia as well that's making them really pro-West.

Your theories are baseless and hilarious.

I wonder if a sudden spell of poor grammar by a native speaker is a sign of trolling.
    That's actually correct grammar any English speaker could easily read. I think you just want to avoid addressing what I said. Typical.