Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storms End, Seat of House Baratheon

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default Re: Storms End, Seat of House Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    Brienne blushed, the pleasure is mine my prince.
    She knew her father would one day find her a political match, her only hope was that her husband was a good man.
    I have one question for you my prince, are you a good man?
    "I certainly try to be, my lady." Daeron responded humbly. "I am not so presumptuous to declare myself free of sin unlike all of the other creations of the Seven, for that would be the height of arrogance. But I do my best to live by the teachings of The Seven-Pointed Star and the chivalric code, as any man with a virtuous bone in his body must. It is my hope to one day be a knight as honorable and as valiant as Ser Galladon of Morne." Making a pilgrimage to the ruins of Morne, lying on the eastern shore of Tarth, and touring the site of the famous Galladon's birth was a childhood dream of the Targaryen prince's. Alas, even though he was in the Stormlands currently and closer to Tarth than to King's Landing, duty still calls him to the latter before he can entertain thoughts of visiting the former.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

We cant stop the bloodshed, but we can delay killing our own people in a war that doesn’t benefit them.

Richard knows he can’t stall forever, he will have to take a side but hopefully it will be a side that benefits his house and his people.

In the coming weeks a decision will need to be made, Fortunately that decision doesn’t need to be made now.
    Lomas furrowed his brow at the statement. In weeks time the decision could just as easily be made for the stormlords. If such an event were to occur, he had no doubt that the deal they would have to accept might be no different from a treaty of subjugation. Neutrality in the court, remaining aloft of the petty squabbling of the other families was one thing, but when swords were being drawn across the realm, when blood was going to be spilled be it on the morrow or in three moon turns then neutrality was simply waiting for a master to force you to your knees. And yet Lomas uttered none of this.

"A wise enough course, my lord." He was already thinking of home, and of where Bronzegate would have to declare. He just hoped that his liege did not turn against him if he chose poorly. "I will return to Bronzegate to wait out this storm." Or until it buffets against my gates. With that, Lord Buckler would depart.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by chesser2538 View Post
    Jace remembered his mothers words, and did not wish to leave without having secured his mission. "And what benefit would prompt you to join a side?" Jace had a strong suspicion that Baratheon wanted something, and was just a matter of who would make the better offer. "What reassurances do you need that would see Baratheon men fighting with us and not against?" Jace asked calmly.
    Simply put I would like to expand my territory and I would like to see my family become dragon riders

Richard waited for the response

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    "I certainly try to be, my lady." Daeron responded humbly. "I am not so presumptuous to declare myself free of sin unlike all of the other creations of the Seven, for that would be the height of arrogance. But I do my best to live by the teachings of The Seven-Pointed Star and the chivalric code, as any man with a virtuous bone in his body must. It is my hope to one day be a knight as honorable and as valiant as Ser Galladon of Morne." Making a pilgrimage to the ruins of Morne, lying on the eastern shore of Tarth, and touring the site of the famous Galladon's birth was a childhood dream of the Targaryen prince's. Alas, even though he was in the Stormlands currently and closer to Tarth than to King's Landing, duty still calls him to the latter before he can entertain thoughts of visiting the former.
    Brienne nodded in approval, then Richard spoke
    very well I look forward to hearing the King’s response

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Aquilifer View Post
    Lomas furrowed his brow at the statement. In weeks time the decision could just as easily be made for the stormlords. If such an event were to occur, he had no doubt that the deal they would have to accept might be no different from a treaty of subjugation. Neutrality in the court, remaining aloft of the petty squabbling of the other families was one thing, but when swords were being drawn across the realm, when blood was going to be spilled be it on the morrow or in three moon turns then neutrality was simply waiting for a master to force you to your knees. And yet Lomas uttered none of this.

"A wise enough course, my lord." He was already thinking of home, and of where Bronzegate would have to declare. He just hoped that his liege did not turn against him if he chose poorly. "I will return to Bronzegate to wait out this storm." Or until it buffets against my gates. With that, Lord Buckler would depart.
    Await my raven, I shall be sending news shortly and farewell
    Last edited by Lord William; January 21, 2019 at 01:16 AM.

Section Editor ES
    • Librarian • Local Moderator • Citizen • CdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

Simply put I would like to expand my territory and I would like to see my family become dragon riders
    Richard waited for the response
    Jace considered the Lords terms. Both would likely have to be discussed with his mother, but provided the Lord was willing to be reasonable he did not see it as out of the question. “My mother is quite generous to her allies, and as I have said a marriage between our houses is welcome.” Considering his options for a moment “My brother Joffrey would be a nice match, whatever children he sired with your daughter would have the blood of Valryia and be entitled to claim a mount of their own when they are old enough. Our houses have wed in the past the union has proven to be strong.”

“Now as to your second stipulation, I again do not see an issue. When this conflict is over there will be plenty of traitors keeps available.” Jace suppressed a smirk. “I am sure we can find something for you or your son.” Baratheon asked for much but seemed to know his limits “Is that agreeable enough?”

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Brienne nodded in approval, then Richard spoke
    very well I look forward to hearing the King’s response
    "And you shall have it soon, Lord Baratheon. Farewell." With these words and a bow, Daeron would leave Storm's End to return to King's Landing with his new bride-to-be in tow.

Citizen

Jace considered the Lords terms. Both would likely have to be discussed with his mother, but provided the Lord was willing to be reasonable he did not see it as out of the question. “My mother is quite generous to her allies, and as I have said a marriage between our houses is welcome.” Considering his options for a moment “My brother Joffrey would be a nice match, whatever children he sired with your daughter would have the blood of Valryia and be entitled to claim a mount of their own when they are old enough. Our houses have wed in the past the union has proven to be strong.”

“Now as to your second stipulation, I again do not see an issue. When this conflict is over there will be plenty of traitors keeps available.” Jace suppressed a smirk. “I am sure we can find something for you or your son.” Baratheon asked for much but seemed to know his limits “Is that agreeable enough?”
    You misunderstand me princeling, I want my heirs to be dragonriders. My daughter marrying a Targaryen does nothing for my line except infuse Baratheon blood into your line.

Section Editor ES

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

Jace furrowed his brow for a moment, considering his options. "We have no daughters to which to marry off, and you have but one son, and I doubt you would wish him to foster at Dragonstone. Though perhaps if he did there may be a chance he would one day claim a dragon of his own." There is some Valyrian blood in Baratheon veins, perhaps it would be of some help.

Considering the options Jace was finding it difficult to find a way to appease Lord Baratheon. To ask for a dragon boggled his mind. Did the Lord expect that house Targaryen was just going to give away their main weapon without having some measure of control over it. A dragon was dangerous, even more so in the wrong hands.

"And were such a bond made, the creature would have to stay on dragonstone. Dragons do not do well by themselves, and furthermore they require a warm place to roost." Among other reasons

OOC: This is dragging on too long.

After receiving his answer, Jace departs back to Dragonstone.

Last edited by chesser2538; January 22, 2019 at 04:55 PM.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Citizen

Jace furrowed his brow for a moment, considering his options. "We have no daughters to which to marry off, and you have but one son, and I doubt you would wish him to foster at Dragonstone. Though perhaps if he did there may be a chance he would one day claim a dragon of his own." There is some Valyrian blood in Baratheon veins, perhaps it would be of some help.

Considering the options Jace was finding it difficult to find a way to appease Lord Baratheon. To ask for a dragon boggled his mind. Did the Lord expect that house Targaryen was just going to give away their main weapon without having some measure of control over it. A dragon was dangerous, even more so in the wrong hands.

"And were such a bond made, the creature would have to stay on dragonstone. Dragons do not do well by themselves, and furthermore they require a warm place to roost." Among other reasons

OOC: This is dragging on too long.

After receiving his answer, Jace departs back to Dragonstone.

I must think on your proposal, I will send word when I have reached a decision

Section Editor ES

A raven arrives from King's Landing. The letter it bears was written with Daeron Targaryen's elegant, but not entirely mistake-free, handwriting.
    Good-father Baratheon,

I hope this letter finds you well. I write to you now to inform you that I have wed Lady Brienne in as lavish an event as the circumstances permit, and to restate my thanks for gracing my life with such a lovely and affable woman.

However, that is not the only reason I have written this letter. I have spoken with both His Grace King Aegon and his Hand, our grandfather Ser Otto Hightower, and both still desire your entry into hostilities on our side, the righteous and lawful side. Obviously, you are already tied to our house by marriage now, which is reason enough for them to believe that you should already have called up your banners and marched to join the strength of the Stormlands to us. However, to demonstrate his continued generosity, King Aegon is willing to further sweeten the deal, so to speak, by offering the hand of his daughter the Princess Jaehaera to your own heir in betrothal.

That said, both he and the Lord Hand have also made it clear that this offer - as well as any further rewards that may be offered to you in due time, such as a place on our Small Council or additional estates - is strictly conditional on the formalization of your alliance with us and concrete movements to demonstrate your loyalty to the King of the Seven Kingdoms who, it hardly need be said, is now also tied to you by the bonds of marriage between our houses. I implore you to do the honorable thing, good-father, and march to aid the true King and your kin by marriage post-haste.

May the Seven watch over you.

Regards,
    Your good-son,
    Prince Daeron Targaryen

Citizen

Last edited by Lord William; January 24, 2019 at 12:52 AM.

Section Editor ES

Ser Raphael Storm danced in the courtyard in the early morning hours. Usually out before most others, he was practicing his sword play this morning. Some days he practices with a long sword or hammer for strengthening purposes. Today was his agility and flexibility day. He moved as though he was gliding through water. He jumped and moved with his sword in ways that may not have been fighting form, but you never know when he would have to dodge his way out of getting his arm cut off. Later on, when other guards began to make their way out for training, he would go back to traditional training. He had several siblings, a whole litter of bastard children. He wasn't the oldest but he found the best opportunity for a better life. It was an overcast day, clouds a dark grey and billowing under themselves. It was his favorite type of day.

Citizen

As Lord Baratheon stepped out onto his balcony having awaken from a good slumber, he notices one of his Guards dancing in the gardens.

Hey!!! You! Guard, meet me in the great hall

Section Editor ES

My Lord!

Raphael was swift in his arrival to the Great Hall. He was still perspiring from his work outside. He had his sword sheathed but in his hand rather than on his belt as he was still in his light morning clothing. A man of just two and twenty years, he was in peak physical shape. When Lord Baratheon was in view he took a knee.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    My Lord!

Raphael was swift in his arrival to the Great Hall. He was still perspiring from his work outside. He had his sword sheathed but in his hand rather than on his belt as he was still in his light morning clothing. A man of just two and twenty years, he was in peak physical shape. When Lord Baratheon was in view he took a knee.
    Richard walked down for his room to the great hall, his mind on the reach. He walked towards Raphael waving his hand to stand up, at that moment Richard didn’t care much for the etiquette of court. He had a mission in mind and wanted to see it fulfilled.

You are a proven fighter Ser Raphael and over the recent years, one I have come to depend upon but now is not the time for fighting, at least for you. I have a task for you, it involves securing an alliance with one of the lower houses of the reach. House tyrell’s claim over the reach is weak at best and invoking a civil war within their lands would make it easy for us to take parts of the reach for our own. Your mission for now is to secure a marriage for my daughter to a house with strong claim and a strong army.

Section Editor ES

Raphael was taken aback by the task. He had been surprised by it because he was known more for his prowess in the dueling ring. Over the time he was under the employ of Baratheon however, he had learned the ways of court. How people spoke, how they were received. He did not mind the task.

Of course my Lord. Where would you like me to go?

He could think of some cities of note in the Reach, but he dare not presume what his Lord might have him do. That was the trouble with being lowborn. Sometimes Lords didn’t like when you had too much to say.

Citizen

I would have you go to House Hightower, discuss an alliance through marriage and the possibility of removing house tyrell in favour of their own. Should they be interested in becoming warden of the south they would find Baratheon support

Section Editor ES

That seemed fitting. House Hightower had established a strong position in the Reach and House Tyrell a weak one. If the so called Greens were to win, it would be wise to back them now as they would be in prime position to take the title of Lord Paramount of the Reach. If they lost, their position would be tenuous. Well, they still have a large army...

Of course Lord Baratheon. It would be my honor to bring the proposal of marriage to House Hightower. I imagine that this means riding to Kings Landing rather than Oldtown? I believe that many of the decision making Hightower's would be there now preparing for war? Would you like to have a request written and signed that I may provide them? A lowly man as myself would surely not be taken at his word of such a generous offer. Last question, should the intent of your support be suggested, or overtly stated?

When he was not spending time practicing, he was speaking to the Maester, getting his various lovers to teach him written words, and over all learning how to make himself useful in more ways than one.

Citizen

Id suggest travelling to old town, kings landing is preoccupied with other matters.
    Richard signaled for parchment and wax, he poured the wax unto the parchment and then stamped his crest
    you now have my authority to negotiate, let no one doubt your authority
    richards hands over the parchment
    for the time being I would recommend subtlety when approaching the matter of support, we can’t be seen instigating the civil war!

Section Editor ES

Yes my Lord Baratheon! I will not return until I have made a match. Take care my Lord, I trust every brother in your guard but I feel better about your safety when I am near. Guard your back.

Raphael bowed his head respectfully. One idea he was not a fan of, was finding a suitor for one of the Baratheon girls. He had beheld them on several occasions but never spoken more than a few sentences to each. For one to be wed to a Reach Lord would place a pall on Raphael’s mood for eternity but he would do as he was told.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12