Thread: Crusader States Non-Playable Family Members

Default Crusader States Non-Playable Family Members

I've searched a long time to see if there is any way to make Raymond, Bertrand and Tancred playable. I've searched extensively and I'm surprised nobody seems to have raised this question before. I'm no modder so I've tried to see if I could find a clue how I might do this myself but it has defeated me. I did find a dev's discussion thread where it was noted that it is impossible to remove family members from the tree and that sending them off map was the only way to remove them from the game so I tried commenting out this section in campaign_script, but it didn't seem to make any difference in game;

;Historical Crusader States Script pt1
    ;send_character_off_map jerusalem4general1
    ;send_character_off_map jerusalem4general2
    ;send_character_off_map jerusalem4general3
    destroy_units jerusalem Pikemen

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Having the Next Heir submod gives us back the control of bloodline from RTW which makes me happy but this seems to undercut that. I'm guessing that having that many generals to start gives the faction too much advantage over neighbouring factions but if they could be spawned on the trigger of increased settlement count before the AI starts offering adoptions might get around that.

Default Re: Crusader States Non-Playable Family Members

Hi there,

I realize this is an old post, so you may not see it, but this is actually an important question that I had worked on last year trying to clean up some Crusader Family member issues.

Raymond, Bertrand, and Tancred are all PLAYABLE members, but they are scripted to appear with the conquering of specific Crusader targets. Raymond requires Phoenicia, Bertrand Damascus, and Tancred Acre. After conquering the cities the players will appear at the start of the next turn.

If you really don't like that, they are activated in the campaign scripts and you can change the target settlement for them to appear from.