Thread: Repeating short burst radio waves i study from the journal Nature

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Default Repeating short burst radio waves i study from the journal Nature

Far outside our Milky Way galaxy, something is causing repeating short bursts of radio waves to be released into space. Scientists have recorded the second repeating fast radio burst to be discovered, according to a study published Wednesday in the journal Nature.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/09/world...ted/index.html

New radio telescope coming on line. This looks interesting. I am not a believer in these repeating signals are other intelligence based life, but pretty much natural. Still this is interesting. Since I am not up to speed on the science involved hear, I would like to hear what others know about this article in Nature. CNN did not contribute much, but that is where I found the link.

Default Re: Repeating short burst radio waves i study from the journal Nature

We need more satellites and/or other receivers in strange locations to accidentally catch this thing so we can triangulate next time.

Point is, their are a lot of galaxies in any direction. Which one? If middle of nowhere, which vague point of middle of nowhere?
    Last edited by Gaidin; January 13, 2019 at 02:05 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

New radio telescope coming on line. This looks interesting. I am not a believer in these repeating signals are other intelligence based life, but pretty much natural. Still this is interesting. Since I am not up to speed on the science involved hear, I would like to hear what others know about theessayservice research article in Nature. CNN did not contribute much, but that is where I found the link.
    Probably, the signal was sent thousands of years ago. And I'm sure, we are not the only human like creatures or smart organisms. Quite funny headlines like this one: Are aliens messaging us ignite so many disputes on forums.

Prof. Terry Lewis
    Last edited by TerryLewis; March 22, 2019 at 05:01 AM. Reason: typos

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

WOW! how fascinating!!!

Apparently a kinetic projectile was found embedded in the International Space Station's outer hull; the projectile is said to be billions of years old coming from beyond the Milky Way; yet early analysis shows the projectile consist of technology far surpassing our own.
    A relic from an ancient battle (that missed its intended target), well beyond our Milky Way...(not really but fascinating).