Thread: Unreal Total War: Medieval 2 [BETA V0.1]

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

Default Unreal Total War: Medieval 2 [BETA V0.1]

Unreal Total War: Medieval 2
    A newer, better total war

Nothing new added, only enhanced.

This is a complete overhaul of M2TW, with an entirely new balancing system, overhauled mechanics, better, slow-paced campaign map, and more.

Features:

1. A whole new battle balancing system, where armor matters, skill with weapons definitely do, and battles are slower with the ability for tactics to be used on the fly. No more ap weapons and sieges are slower. Charges are much better; calvary charges now go through infantry lines and push others out of the way. Unit masses are based on armor.
    2. Overhauled mechanics. Factions are more diverse in tactics as well as gameplay, and much smarter AI, thanks to ReallyBadAI's system.
    3. Slower and more meaningful campaign. Good traits are harder to gain but way more impactful. Bad traits can accumulate faster but only provide small debuffs individually.
    4. New and overhauled sound effects taken from many sources, including other mods.
    5. Realistic gunpowder units with replaced animations presenting more realistic reloading animations.
    Last edited by The Great Khan of Rome; January 12, 2019 at 08:21 PM.
    Creator of UNREAL, balance mod series that promises changes to everything Total War, and it's offshoots, MEGA for other games. Basically, I'm reject Radious.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unreal Total War: Medieval 2 [BETA V0.1]

Many a question.
    - What stage is this in? Purely idea, some execution but deep in backend building to the point of barely playable, a proof of concept?
    - Will anything be reskinned, such as strategic map/UI textures with results along the lines of this, or are the visuals intended to be the same and the gameplay feeling almost the same with the exception of many backend tweaks and the sound changes?
    - Are the mechanics designed for singleplayer immersion with realism as a primary factor or a more checks and balances system optimal for multiplayer? Will campaign map balance be a focus, tweaked for realism or for multiplayer hotseating?
    - Is this a team project? Are you accepting (or perhaps needing) new people, or set on membership?

Apologies for being 'that guy'.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Unreal Total War: Medieval 2 [BETA V0.1]

1. As of now, it's in closed beta, with some optimizing to do with projectiles, specifical with morale.
    2. Not now, but later with mostly reskins in mind.
    3. As of now, it's a battle only mod. Campaign is not to be considered until battles and factions are fully balanced.
    4. If anyone can help me test, give feedback, etc, I'll consider you part of the team. Later on, I want dedicated skinners, but balancing will mostly be done by me.
    Creator of UNREAL, balance mod series that promises changes to everything Total War, and it's offshoots, MEGA for other games. Basically, I'm reject Radious.