Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Proto Germanic Music...this board should be the right audience for this

Default Re: OT: Proto Germanic Music...this board should be the right audience for this

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I did a quick search and they sound pretty good indeed
    Rose For Epona, Meet The Enemy, and Alesia are my favorites I always load up stuff from that band when I'm playing any of the Gallic factions.

Default Re: OT: Proto Germanic Music...this board should be the right audience for this

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1517581281

This mod has many of Wardruna's songs on it and I'm very thankful for your post in helping me identify the song 'Isa'.
    +Rep to waidizss. Thanks, everyone; I love this mod's community!

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by deeptrance83 View Post

This mod has many of Wardruna's songs on it and I'm very thankful for your post in helping me identify the song 'Isa'.
    thanks for posting the mod here. I installed it lately and it is a really cool addition to the game. I find the battle music to be a bit too calm for the fighting, however excellent campaign music makes more than up for it. Cheers + rep

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by deeptrance83 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    thanks for posting the mod here. I installed it lately and it is a really cool addition to the game. I find the battle music to be a bit too calm for the fighting, however excellent campaign music makes more than up for it. Cheers + rep
    I wasn't aware our guy Scipio has music mods. Will check it ASAP

Fylgija Ear/Futhrock and Krigsgaldr, I listen to those tracks hundreds of times since I learned about Heilung a few months ago. Incredibly raw sounding stuff, makes me think of cold nights, wet feet and bonfires. The masculine and feminine voices give a "whole" experience, it sometimes gives me the chills. Can't really put into words.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 15, 2019 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Fixed format.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

This type of music is quite unnatural. It's not consumerist in nature, it doesn't make you want to 'get money and bang hoes' as some tribals would have it. It's a fundamental experience of a human reality, something that has been lost a century ago (esp with Nietzsche killing God). This is some primeval European spirit. In some instances it is tranquil and puts me in deep sleep, in others I want to pillage and burn some Ruthenian villages. Can't really listen to normie music anymore, ancestors are calling for me.
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    This type of music is quite unnatural. It's not consumerist in nature, it doesn't make you want to 'get money and bang hoes' as some tribals would have it. It's a fundamental experience of a human reality, something that has been lost a century ago (esp with Nietzsche killing God). This is some primeval European spirit. In some instances it is tranquil and puts me in deep sleep, in others I want to pillage and burn some Ruthenian villages. Can't really listen to normie music anymore, ancestors are calling for me.
    Commercially successful music is commercially successful because it elicits the same feelings in the most people possible that Heilung elicits in you xD.

Music is music.

For the record, I love Heilung, lol.

Well, commercial music is also successful due to wrongly implemented ''cultural'' icons-models and most of all advertising

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    Let your Pagan self-shine.

Mastergunner_19k's Avatar Foederatus

Absolutely love this sort of music for many activities, not just to game DEI but also for RPG background music or simply just because...my neighbors must scratch their heads at times and ask themselves who lives next door to them haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunner_19k View Post
    Absolutely love this sort of music for many activities, not just to game DEI but also for RPG background music or simply just because...my neighbors must scratch their heads at times and ask themselves who lives next door to them haha
    I was listening to Wardruna at some point and a neighbor asked my girl if we're into Satanism (true story)

Thank you, guys, this is truly great.

Now about those villages in question...

Mastergunner_19k's Avatar Foederatus

HAHA...yes I can see that happening...

Maybe someone can shed some light on these types of bands.
    I hear mostly Mongol and Native American sound with this apparent "Viking/Germanic Folk metal" band.
    Did ancient Germanic music sound ANYTHING like that? when I read through the comments I see a bunch of nordicists going off about THIS music is a reclamation of their culture.

Drums and war are the common thread between all cultures in your post.
    So I think it's safe to assume, yes this is probably closer than you'd think.

with the Mongolian throat singing included?

Be careful about how sure you are about the origins you yourself believe are true...
    This 'devil's advocate' stance you're taking cuts both ways.

I can throat sing and I'm surely not Mongolian

Nekro_TWH's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I was listening to Wardruna at some point and a neighbor asked my girl if we're into Satanism (true story)
    They are coming to Greece in couple of month and inderesting band to see (better expoerience than greek bouzoukia even if they summon all the giants from jotunheim)
    I see a lot of band emerge who play ancient music (or close to ancient times) before christianity touch those places. and i believe it is a good thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12