Thread: How do I make a bare/stripped down mod folder Geomod compatible?

Default How do I make a bare/stripped down mod folder Geomod compatible?

As the title says, I'm starting a mod from scratch with alpaca's minimal map setup. How do I go about making this mod able to be opened by Geomod?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: How do I make a bare/stripped down mod folder Geomod compatible?

Depends on what the problem is when you try to open it. Or close it.

First step in making a mod Geomod compatible is to open it - if it freezes check in the manual where the problem might be.
    If you can open it then close\save it without making any changes - chances are it will freeze this time. Back to the manual.

If you can open and close it without freezing then you are getting close, now it's time to attend to all the errors that the tool might have thrown up. Check it's log in the mod's root directory and once again consult the manual on how to tackle them.

Tip: work with a copy of your mod, all the files you need are listed in the manual - make a back up copy of those in a separate folder and work there, keep a second copy of that set, you will most likely need it. Because the tool has a nasty habit of scrambling files when it freezes.

The files that are missing are the .bin text files. How do I create these?

Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot, I read your post more thoroughly Gigantus. I got the needed files from the Bare-geomod installation. Thanks bunches.
    Last edited by Mersechal; January 13, 2019 at 07:44 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Just for others - the tool installs a back up of all used files in this directory (inclusive the kingdom campaigns): ...\Medieval II Total War\tools\Geomod\M2TW_files

It also has a little app called BinEditor that works with string.bin files