Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Small Council

Default Re: The Small Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Aegon scoffs slightly at the thought of Rhaenyra declaring war upon him, the rightful Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. His sulking expression turns to the Lord Hand.

If the mother of bastards dares declare war upon my throne, tell her this...

He points to the crown of the Conqueror that sat upon his head.

That I will see all that she loved burned before her eyes by dragon fire. That I will see that her supporters strung up as traitors and executed in the most dishonorable of manners for their treason. And that I will see to it that she regrets the very thought of rebellion against the true Lord of the Seven Kingdoms!

He slams his palm down on the Small Council table.

Remind her of father's foolishness for daring to make a female heir to the Iron Throne and how he was named heir over a mother's son! Remind her of her own foolishness in going against the natural order of our world!
    Ser Otto nodded, although he secretly thought, that it would mean the death sentence for him by certain, if Rhaenyra would read these lines - though he suspected that he wouldn't get alive out of this, should the Blacks ever take King's Landing, which however wasn't for the moment his main concern. So far everything was open and the Greens had the advantage for the moment.
    "And what shall I write the Lords of the Realm?", he asked humble, "Obviously we want to eye them kinder while making obvious that Rhaenyra's cause is unjust by all logical arguments, right?"

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

The King sighs lightly, rubbing his head. He tried to hide rolling his eyes at his grandfather's remark on the matter of what to say. He waves his hand a few times.

Do whatever is necessary to get the message across, Lord Hand. Make them fear Rhaenyra and more willing to join me. Remind them of how Viserys became King. Whatever words would make them join and fight for me.

His mind wandered for a moment, wondering if Bess was available after this meeting.

Remind them of what happens when one supports the true Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and not some pretender!
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Somewhat glad that Aegon left the diplomatic talk to him, the Lord Hand lowered his head.
    "I will do my best, your grace", he solely replied on the matter at hand.

Citizen

Aegon taps his fingers lightly upon the table, looking around at his councilors.

Well?

The King asks impatiently.

Is there anything else I should be made aware of? What is to be done of the vacant positions on my Council? What efforts will be done to win over allies against my half-sister?

After a brief pause, the Lord Hand continiued speaking.
    "I have tasked my kin at Oldtown to meet with the Lady Paramount of the Reach, Lady Lucia Tyrell, while we will still have to await an answer", Ser Otto answered truthfully, "I assume that we are able to manage the diplomatic talk, but it will be another to convince her to join a war. Lady Tyrell will like many lords prefer a peaceful solution of the situation, so she will either stay neutral or listen to the best offers, one could grant her.
    I fear that negotiations alone won't be enough to bring Highgarden into our fold - our families might respect eachother, but words are wind and that's all my Lord nephew probably has to show off!
    If we offer a marriage agreement, solely House Hightower would profit from it, gold is a rescource which Highgarden isn't in need for and the trade routes on the Mander are the same ones, we utilize as well."

Somewhat hopeful, that his grandson might see the bigger picture of his reasoning, he looked up.
    "If we want them to join our side, the Crown itself must offer them something of worth before our enemies do", Otto warned the king, "Whether it is a Small Council position or even a marriage agreement with either Prince Aemond or one of the heirs of the Iron Throne, I'll leave it to you, my king. It might be that my nephew can convince her easily, but I wouldn't count on it.
    In worst case we'll have to count on Tarly honouring the marriage agreement between our houses, while we also hope the Peakes to join the conflict on our side, along with other royalists, who wish to oppose potential rebellions. Their men power should help us out well to form a formidable host, even if the Tyrells remain neutral towards the upcoming conflict."

"If you want me to marry... she better be pretty enough, grandfather"

Said Aemond with scorn.

"We will be seeing young hatchlings soon enough"

He boasted, his sapphire eye as cold as ever, while he smiled, albeit only slightly.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Citizen

Aegon glances at Aemond when he speaks. His words making the King smirk.

I hear that Reachman women are very beautiful, Aemond. I suspect the Lord Hand here can arrange an especially suitable match for you, good brother.

A match for Daeron in the Stormlands and another in the Reach. That did leave his own children, Jaehaerys, Jaehaera and Maelor. Aegon was desiring to see the twins be wed in the traditional fashion of their family though.

Then we must look to King's Landing and her defenses. Aemond, ensure terror is brought to anyone who speaks out for Rhaenyra on the streets. I don't want the commoners thinking they have a voice to use...

He grimaces at the thought of the common folk, the small people, the lessers under his rule. Nothing more than a means to extract gold from and ensure farms are harvested.

We must ensure that any support is stamped out... brutally if it must be so. Not even a whisper of Rhaenyra's name.

"I will make sure they cower in fear"

Said Aemond.

"None shall dare to call you an usurper, brother"

His fingers pitter-patter the chair's arm.

"I shall take possession of the Goldcloaks and forge them anew. The city shall be tightly under our grasp"

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12