Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Iron Throne, Red Keep

Default Re: The Iron Throne, Red Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    See Mace Rowan, after making his way to the capital following his disagreement with his father, finds his way to the Red Keep, and requests an audience with Lady Hightower and the royal family.
    Ser Mace is informed that the Queen Dowager is willing to speak with him, eventually making her way to the courtyard herself. Although accompanied by one member of the Kingsguard she assumed herself safe within the walls of the Red Keep, wearing a black dress, somewhat resembling her mourning over her deceased husband.
    "Welcome to the Red Keep, Ser Rowan", she replied towards him welcoming, "As you might have noticed the royal family is sadly absent due to my ungrateful step-niece's declaration of rebellion and thus busy for the moment. I'll have nontheless the servant informed that I'm currently accompanying you by a walk at the castle grounds. So maybe you have some luck that one of them might join us."
    She eyed him, somewhat wondering what he had to bring forth while they walked along, a benevolent smile on her lips.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    "If you say so." Daeron looked pleased that he'd be included in the fighting. His head was still full of notions about how battles were glorious and chivalric contests of honor, as opposed to the bloody and gruesome maelstroms they tended to be in reality. "I suppose then it'd be prudent to let Grandfather know, then, so that he can send a letter to Highgarden with the offer of Jaehaerys' hand in marriage and whatever else you think fitting to woo Lady Tyrell with. Oh, and something to Storm's End about Jaehaera's hand too." He had to admit, not having to play messenger-boy anymore was kind of liberating. No more having to listen to and then recite great lords' demands, when they should have been eager to do the right thing and join his brother immediately!

"An excellent idea on top of another excellent idea, brother." Daeron nodded sagely at the proposal of sending his bride south to Oldtown with their sister and the young Targaryen children. "We'll have to be wed first, of course, but as soon as all that has been sorted out, I agree that Brienne here should head for Oldtown with the Queen and your children as soon as possible." Particularly if the bedding went well and she ended up bearing his child - for despite his guilelessness, Daeron was still a boy in the throes of puberty, and knew how children were made. "I'm sure we can all rest easier at night knowing they've found safety far away from here, and are leaving the war to us men."
    Yes yes, go and inform the Lord Hand of my decision. Get it arranged quickly and done. Sunfyre is growing more restless by the day... perhaps he senses the dragons on the move across the Blackwater Bay.

Aegon says as he pats the neck of the brilliant dragon. Thank the Seven Balerion wasn't alive, else Rhaenyra would have made certain that that dragon was with her. Still, they had Vhagar, the greatest and largest of all dragons, under their control. Aemond had proven a worthy rider for the beast, who accepted him without much issue. Aemond lost an eye that day though... but gained Vhagar as his mount. The King turns to Daeron.

Have the Lord Hand call for a Septon and have you two be married within the Red Keep's sept. The sooner this is all done, the better. Now, if you will excuse me...

Aegon mounts upon Sunfyre, the dragon stretching its leathery wings full as it prepared to take off. Seconds later, it did, darting high above King's Landing where the King flew for a moment, preparing himself for what was to come.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Daeron opened his mouth to protest and openly ponder why Aegon didn't just call on the Lord Hand himself, but by then his brother had already taken off. He shook his head, grinning slightly despite himself - truly, some things would never change, no matter how old they grew - and departed, hand in hand with his bride, to seek out Ser Otto. Tessarion would be free to fly in circles overhead unsupervised (unless Aegon and Sunfyre wanted to stick around), but the Blue Queen was a sufficiently well-behaved and trained beast that she was not likely to cause any unintentional damage even without her rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    Ser Mace is informed that the Queen Dowager is willing to speak with him, eventually making her way to the courtyard herself. Although accompanied by one member of the Kingsguard she assumed herself safe within the walls of the Red Keep, wearing a black dress, somewhat resembling her mourning over her deceased husband.
    "Welcome to the Red Keep, Ser Rowan", she replied towards him welcoming, "As you might have noticed the royal family is sadly absent due to my ungrateful step-niece's declaration of rebellion and thus busy for the moment. I'll have nontheless the servant informed that I'm currently accompanying you by a walk at the castle grounds. So maybe you have some luck that one of them might join us."
    She eyed him, somewhat wondering what he had to bring forth while they walked along, a benevolent smile on her lips.

My lady, Queen mother of all Westeros and kin of a most exalted House in the Reach. I come to bring you tidings from the Reach. Tidings of my father. But not from him. It is with great sadness that I ask that we speak where there are walls to Ensure our privacy.

Mace’s voice began level but as he proceeded his volume lowered. His simple leather attire with the Golden crest of Goldengrove did not match the Queen Dowagers dress, but he liked that it made him appear modest. He rode from Highgarden to the capital, with a short stop at the Derring Downs, directly. He was sure news would follow him, maybe even precede him of Rhaenys visit to Highgarden. But he calculated that only he would have the details of the visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    My lady, Queen mother of all Westeros and kin of a most exalted House in the Reach. I come to bring you tidings from the Reach. Tidings of my father. But not from him. It is with great sadness that I ask that we speak where there are walls to Ensure our privacy.

Mace’s voice began level but as he proceeded his volume lowered. His simple leather attire with the Golden crest of Goldengrove did not match the Queen Dowagers dress, but he liked that it made him appear modest. He rode from Highgarden to the capital, with a short stop at the Derring Downs, directly. He was sure news would follow him, maybe even precede him of Rhaenys visit to Highgarden. But he calculated that only he would have the details of the visit.
    Although remaining still formal and friendly, the Queen Dowager's relaxed eyes went stern from moment to another, as she realized that it was potentially a serious topic.
    "Then accompany me swiftly", she replied solely, as they went into the direction of Maegor's Holdfast, "If you make it sound that important, just go along with me. Although I trust Clubfoot and his companions to some degree, I do not trust the walls. Little spiders are sweet and nice, as they can't survive for long on water, but I hate these pidgeons, who are everywhere, into the courts of the city, while observing everything, before they fly away towards the warm lair of Dragonstone to gossip with the crow, sitting horseback on her dragon! Pah!
    And even if it's just the Rowan's family recipe for excellent cheese, I sayeth nay, the lady shalt not has't t!"

OOC: We continiue at Maegor's Holdfast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123