Thread: MoSS Building System + Infinite Siege maps?

Default MoSS Building System + Infinite Siege maps?

This guide explains how the building system in MoSS works.
    Basically MoSS system separate castle slot level from the quantity of available slots (Like FotS)
    Trick here is that actually do not do so, but make it looks so.
    Settlements have
    Castle Slot
    5 normal slot (The ones you actually choose)
    1 path slot
    1 farm
    1 region special
    1 port

1)You must start with a lvl 4 (or above) castle at every single province. This open all 5 normal slots, yet only 4 being possible to set in starting conditions. Here some important notes: A) Every single chain in game must start with a lvl 0; B) Building level do not matter when it comes to upgrading. In MoSS in order to save castle maps space castles goes 0->4->2->3->1. Consider that lvl 0 is not used as you start with lvl 4.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castle.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	357127

2)The 4 slots you can pick at the startpos are split in 1 town and 3 ‘’blocked slots’’. Blocked slots can be upgraded to a building “Free slot”. They have to cost something. In MoSS the upgrade cost 100. Each slot need it’s own building chain. Note both, blocked slot and free slot need to be impossible to be destroyed. Otherwise you would be able to just delete the building and get a true free slot.

Name:	slots chains.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	308.3 KB 
ID:	357128

Name:	slots for the slots chains.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	357129

Name:	slots building lvls.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	357130

Name:	startpos.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	357131
    Note the last slot cannot be set in the startpos. The guide adress that later on

3)The town slot it’s just another normal building. The key is that each time it’s upgraded unlocks 1 of the 3 blocked slot. Lvl 0 none, lvl 1 one, lvl 2 one and two, and so on. To make this this chain follow the same rules as the slots chains. But you only need to leave the first level as destruction terminator. In moss you have different branches with different effects that is why you can delete top tiers.

4)How do it unlocks the slots? You need to make an effect for each chain that change the building cost. This effect it’s recommended to be invisible (priority set to 0). Where do you place this cost? One in the path slot. Why? Path slot cannot be damaged so this effect can never be deleted. Damaged building effects do not apply so would be an issue. Here place the making more expensive effect (PUT LOT OF ZEROS). MUST BE PLACED IN EVERY SINGLE BUILDING FROM THE PATH SLOT.

Name:	effect cheap.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	357133

Name:	cheap and expensive slots.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	920.9 KB 
ID:	357132

5)So now every time you upgrade the town it makes cheaper the slot by the same amount. So same effect but negative. Again if free slot cost was 0 it wont work.

So, so far we have a bunch of fake free slot and one free slot.

6)The true free slot (the one that cannot be set in the startpos) need to be changed in order to make it look like a blocked slot, but this is optional. The icon is in ui/campaign ui/skins/building slots undeveloped. Swap it with the building slot locked and it's done. You can change the name at random_localisation_strings_string_Construction_site

7)The true free slot must only have one option to be upgraded and it will be yet another fake free slot. Again you need an unique building chain with only one building. Make it impossible to destroy. All the other buildings must be blocked to be built. Use an impossible religion or tech. (This apllies to blocked slot building, town buildings, buildings from vanilla, etc). For vanilla buildings I used religions from fots, and for the lvl 0 of the mod I used zen tech that no longer applies to the mod.

Name:	block buildings.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	701.1 KB 
ID:	357134
    Now you have the same condition for all slots. 3 free slots that are lvl 1 and 1 free slot that is lvl 0. Now you need to make your custom building chains. I’ll pick one as an example

Note Scroll before point 11 for the pictures related to the next section
    8)You need to upgrade from a chain to another. This sounds weird but the AI would do it if only one condition is met. The level must be above the current one. The higher free slot lvl 1, so the first lvl for your chain is 2. I told you that chains start at 0 or game crash. This lvl 0 is yet another fake free slot that cannot be destroyed. I’ll explain this later on.

9)Now this lvl 2 building that is actually a fake lvl 0 needs to be faction unique. If not you would be able to generate several of the same in the same province and you don’t want this. But as you have several lvls how can you do so? Now you need to generate another chain. As well start at lvl 0 with a fake slot. The level you jump is lvl 3 in order to make the AI build it. You need no faction unique. Finally you need a third chain again the fake free lvl 0 and you jump to lvl 4. Annoying I know but a diagram will explain better why.

10)The lvl 0 building must make expensive all the buildings chains less the second chain. The lvl 2 from the second chain must make expensive first chain. And the lvl 3 from the third must make expensive the first and second chain.

Name:	Sin título.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	356711

So let say you destroy at any point the building, you go back to a fake free slot but can only be upgraded to the lvl 0. You need to do such crossed upgrade, from the second and third chain to the first one.

If lvl 0 was not blocked to one per clan you would be able to make several at the same time.

You upgrade to lvl 1 and now lvl 0 is expensive. Problem is that if you already had a chain 2 free slot you would be able to upgrade from it to the lvl 1. Another iteration with the chain 3 makes this really hard. There might be yet another reason for the third chain, I should do the whole logic stuff again to find what was it, but copy it as truly work
    I have no idea how I reached so complex system. Really guys.

Name:	buildings.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1,003.7 KB 
ID:	357136
    as i cannot add more attachments here i'll add the upgrade tables in the second comentary!

11)Well finally extend this to all the chains. Something important is that every free slot must be possible to be upgraded to every chain lvl 0.

The whole system is a bit complex I know but it’s the best I was able to create.

Another good news is that it’s possible to add what it looks like infinite castle maps.
    Castle maps have 7 variants that goes from Lvl 1 to 6, each one being the lvl of the building +1 (And the lvl of the building +2 for FotS). But if you add the lvl 7 battlemap then the game load it. Did not test yet which is the maximum amount but this plus the independence from free slots makes possible to arrange castles as you want.

I know the guide is far from be a clear one but please ask if you need. Also reverse engineer my MoSS mod.
    Last edited by Weierstrass; January 27, 2019 at 02:45 PM.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MoSS Building System + Infinite Siege maps?

I do better with pictures. Can you add screen-shots to help describe what you're trying to convey? I totally got lost after #1. lol

How to Upgrade Buildings and block skiping lvls

Name:	UPGRADES1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	489.9 KB 
ID:	357137

Name:	UPGRADES2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	448.4 KB 
ID:	357138

Name:	expensive.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	877.8 KB 
ID:	357139

Okay some pictures here and there. Ask if you need

The pictures under Step 10 are broken. Can you replace them?

Also, can you elaborate better on Step 9 and Step 10?
    I am having a hard time understanding what you mean by this: "start at lvl 0 with a fake slot. The level you jump is lvl 3 in order to make the AI build it"
    Does that mean create a chain with the first building starting at Level 0 and then the next building in the chain will be Level 3?