Thread: 271 TURN CRASH. 6.3. PLEASE HELP!

Default 271 TURN CRASH. 6.3. PLEASE HELP!

Hi, im playing 6.3 S.S mod. Norway faction. I've been playing with some crashes that i could solve by closing the game and playing the battle. In these cases it prompt the usual "MEDIEVAL HAS FOUND AND UNINSPECIFIED ERROR AND MUST CLOSE", so i just had to load the game again, and the save game, and play again the battle. I've noticed as well that this kind of minor crashes happened when i playing for more than 5 hours.

So, i've played a lot this campaign. But now i've got a crash that i cant solve with that procedure. I keep loading the game on an on and it keeps happening the same. "MEDIEVAL HAS FOUND AND UNINSPECIFIED ERROR AND MUST CLOSE".

So, given that i've put a lot of time into this campaign i would really appreciate a solution. The crash happens in the computer turn, when playing as republic of venice. I have to say that this faction has a lot of armies confined in their territory. I've switch the log to trace and the log is attached to the post. The last piece of it says:

16:44:22.240 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INSTIGATE_SIEGE from transgressor faction 175A71C4 against faction 175A5E8C
    16:44:22.244 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/generic/eventpics/settlement_besieged.tga
    16:44:22.245 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/settlement_besieged.tga
    16:44:22.245 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/settlement_besieged.tga.dds
    16:44:22.245 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/settlement_besieged.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    16:44:22.246 [system.io] [trace] file open,,2FDA55F0,,not found
    16:44:22.246 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/settlement_besieged.tga,217308
    16:44:22.246 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/settlement_besieged.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    16:44:22.247 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/settlement_besieged.tga,,,-217308
    16:44:25.741 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    16:44:25.741 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    16:44:26.908 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Thank you very much for reading. And for the help in advance. SYSTEMLOG PLEASE 1 5.txtSYSTEMLOG PLEASE 1 5.txtSYSTEMLOG PLEASE 1 5.txt

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 271 TURN CRASH. 6.3. PLEASE HELP!

99% of the time its a crash caused by something in the ai is doing in the fog of war. So open the console by using the tilde key ~ , type in toggle_fow to turn off fog of war, make sure you have 'show ai movements' toggle on in settings, and then watch what happens right before the crash. Either post it here or read this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-log-screenie)!

That thread has the commands needed to move the character/general/named character so it won't happen. Though i personally just recommended using the kill command. Worst case if kill command doesn't work or move, you can kill the whole faction.

The most relevant part of the thread is in this spoiler:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ok guys..I'm very pleased to inform you that I have RESOLVED the unspecified error CTD I was getting!

I pinpointed the exact place of the error through fow off(toggle_fow), and watching the AI moves, during AI's turn!

It seems that a certain Martim da Cunha(roaming on the Italian peninsula), a Portugal's family member was causing the crash..damn rascal!

So I used the show_cursorstat(with cursor above the character) command through console, and move command(move_character "Martim da_Cunha" x,y), to move him onto the nearby Portugal ship!

That helped, but only because the ship I put him on, has disappeared the next turn and Martim now seems to be stuck in the sea, just by the Italian coast(check the thumbs)!

I know his "stuckness" helped, because when I moved him the next turn near Oporto, the game CTD'd again!

Yet remains a mystery why is the movement of this character causing the unspecified error message, but it's good to know that there is a bypass for it!*

So at the end..a big thank you to Rozanov for taking interest in this matter, and a HUGE thanx to Aduellist for showing me how to use the "move command"! You guys rock!

*BTW..maybe the same can be applied to the guy who's having the unspecified error issue in his TO campaign..

If you need more help post here. Or if necessary post your save game file (as a zip) and i need the turn 51 patch if you have it for ss6.3 (general bug fixes patch) and I can try to do it for you, but i don't have a working ss6.3 install anymore w/o that patch.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Default Re: 271 TURN CRASH. 6.3. PLEASE HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    99% of the time its a crash caused by something in the ai is doing in the fog of war. So open the console by using the tilde key ~ , type in toggle_fow to turn off fog of war, make sure you have 'show ai movements' toggle on in settings, and then watch what happens right before the crash. Either post it here or read this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-log-screenie)!

That thread has the commands needed to move the character/general/named character so it won't happen. Though i personally just recommended using the kill command. Worst case if kill command doesn't work or move, you can kill the whole faction.

The most relevant part of the thread is in this spoiler:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ok guys..I'm very pleased to inform you that I have RESOLVED the unspecified error CTD I was getting!

I pinpointed the exact place of the error through fow off(toggle_fow), and watching the AI moves, during AI's turn!

It seems that a certain Martim da Cunha(roaming on the Italian peninsula), a Portugal's family member was causing the crash..damn rascal!

So I used the show_cursorstat(with cursor above the character) command through console, and move command(move_character "Martim da_Cunha" x,y), to move him onto the nearby Portugal ship!

That helped, but only because the ship I put him on, has disappeared the next turn and Martim now seems to be stuck in the sea, just by the Italian coast(check the thumbs)!

I know his "stuckness" helped, because when I moved him the next turn near Oporto, the game CTD'd again!

Yet remains a mystery why is the movement of this character causing the unspecified error message, but it's good to know that there is a bypass for it!*

So at the end..a big thank you to Rozanov for taking interest in this matter, and a HUGE thanx to Aduellist for showing me how to use the "move command"! You guys rock!

*BTW..maybe the same can be applied to the guy who's having the unspecified error issue in his TO campaign..

If you need more help post here. Or if necessary post your save game file (as a zip) and i need the turn 51 patch if you have it for ss6.3 (general bug fixes patch) and I can try to do it for you, but i don't have a working ss6.3 install anymore w/o that patch.
    Thank you so much. I wanted to try the solution before answering you. The move_character is a bit tricky, i had to try like 10 times before it worked. But it did. Thank you very much. So excited i can continue.