Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brazilian President Bolsonaro's policies

Default Re: Brazilian President Bolsonaro's policies

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Do you understand Portuguese? enjoy the video - even if you don't understand the language.
    The new "minister of family", Damares Alves, evangelical fanatic, preaching to the crowd. "I was just about ready to kill myself, and then Jesus appeared to me near a guava tree!"
    I don't speak Portuguese no, but this kind of nonsense is sad. Can we stop putting religious people into education.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Affirmative action borrowing 30s nazi racial hygiene methods in Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Why do you post off topic lies in every thread you visit? Affirmitive action doesn't exist in the UK, it's as foreign practice, illegal in Britain.

On topic, I hope this chap is more like Trump , a useless ineffectual buffoon, rather than a Rodrigo Duterte.
    We call it positive action here.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Default Re: Affirmative action borrowing 30s nazi racial hygiene methods in Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    We call it positive action here.
    It's not affirmative action. We are not bound by any laws eminating from the US or South Africa. Our laws are completely different. You know this already, so stop lying to the forum, especially as it has bugger all to do with the OP. It's the second time you have done this in a month.It's as if you have a script to follow.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    This type of hysteria is precisely why people like Bolsonaro are winning elections everywhere.
    Pretty much. I don't like what was said about his environmental policies, but since I never saw an original source to it we can presume its kind of like mainstream media falsification, which is applied to pretty much any leader who choses to oppose the globalistoid influence.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Pretty much...we can presume its kind of like mainstream media falsification.
    It is a global complot. Trump wouldn't have said it better. I mean, the real Trump, not the tropical Trump. Bolsonaro promises to loosen environmental regulations, including in the Amazon rainforest.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Blog Entries

It is a global complot. Trump wouldn't have said it better. I mean, the real Trump, not the tropical Trump. Bolsonaro promises to loosen environmental regulations, including in the Amazon rainforest.
    I agree that deforestation is an environmental issue, lits of endangered species are threatened and ti be honest I oppose more exploitation of the rainforest. But trying to make Bolsonaro as some kind of Nazi for it isn’t going to fly.
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I agree that deforestation is an environmental issue, lits of endangered species are threatened and ti be honest I oppose more exploitation of the rainforest.
    That's good to hear

trying to make Bolsonaro as some kind of Nazi for it isn’t going to fly.
    In this case, I'm afraid that the argument reductio ad Hitlerum is not appropriate for determining a bad argument. There are similarities, related to politics. Tell me who are your friends, and I will tell you who you are.

Thinking about it, the creator of the Godwin's Law agrees with me, its ok to call Bolsonaro nazi. Check his tweet from 31 October and enjoy the discussion,

Mike GodwinConta verificada @sfmnemonic 31 de out de 2018
    Falamos com o pai da Lei de Godwin, que autorizou comparar Bolsonaro a Hitler https://www.vice.com/pt_br/article/qv9qzw/falamos-com-o-pai-da-lei-de-godwin-que-autorizou-comparar-bolsonaro-a-hitler?utm_campaign=sharebutton … via @vicebrasil

---
    The Haaretz also hit the nail on the head,
    Mix up fascist geopolitics, Pat Robertson's LGBT hate, Bannon's nationalism and Putin's shills and you get Jair Bolsonaro, who's nostalgic for the U.S.-backed dictatorship that tortured and killed thousands of leftists - and he's about to come to power
    Bolsonaro's new slogan is " Brazil acima de tudo"/"Brazil über alles", right?
    Last edited by Ludicus; January 12, 2019 at 01:32 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Tell me who are your friends, and I will tell you who you are.
    What if my friends are Hamas and Hezbollah?
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Blog Entries

What are his fascist geopolitics

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    I don't speak Portuguese no, but this kind of nonsense is sad. Can we stop putting religious people into education.
    To be fair, ideologues under Mao Tse Tung and other Communist preachers mimicked the Catholic Church in the Modus Operandi. Nothing new under the Sun, as History reveals. This relationship with religion seems a hate/love one
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1P80XL

So is this an example of Nazis at work in Brazil's government? The pension system needs fixing and this is what he was primarily elected to work on. Not that announcing anything is the same as making actual changes.

Blog Entries

Bolsonaro, a former army captain who has surrounded himself with generals and liberal economists as top advisers, made pension reform a staple of his campaign. But he has given few details before his inauguration or as president.
    Ah yes. Liberal economics.

A hallmark of Fascism.

Did you hear about the tyrant whose economic policy was laissez-faire capitalism?

Neither did I.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Did you hear about the tyrant whose economic policy was laissez-faire capitalism?

Neither did I.
    Augusto Pinochet.
    Resident Language Geek
    Baseless Assertions on the Celts Since 1996

Citizen

Post 27 - two months ago,
    ...Jair Bolsonaro, who's nostalgic for the U.S.-backed dictatorship that tortured and killed thousands of leftists - and he's about to come to power
    Bingo.
    I'm not surprised- Bolsonaro tells Armed Forces to commemorate Brazil's 1964 military dictatorship - Fury as Bolsonaro orders Brazil army to mark 55th anniversary of of military coup
    Defence ministry told to hold ‘appropriate commemorations’ .Widespread death and torture under regime that lasted 21 years. Brazil celebrating the anniversary of the ‘64 coup is like Germany instituting Hitler Day
    Bolsonaro’s order coincides with a growing campaign to present the coup as a “democratic revolution” that saved Brazil from communism – rather than the start of a far-right regime that suspended elections, censored the media, executed hundreds of opponents and tortured thousands more
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

For the record, pursuing a policy of privatization and free-markets has been a "hallmark" of right-wing leadership in South America for decades. Specifically, when we talk about a country like Venezuela, we see that it has been subject to both right-wing and left-wing regimes. The determining factor of Venezuela's success hasn't been how "free-market" their policies are, but the price of oil.

In short. Economic success is determined by a lot more than blind allegiance to one economic model or another.

Anything to the right of Stalin is laissez faire capitalism.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Foir those who did not live through that time, perhaps understanding that the Russians were in a cold war with the USA in the post Stalin period. Castro began the expropriation (or confiscation if you are so disposed politically) of private businesses (often controlled by foreign nationals) in 1959. Then the Cuban and Russian miscalculation of introducing offensive missiles to counter the NATO introduction of similar weapons into Italy. Tensions rose. Then Brazil had elected a president that made populist rhetoric on additional communist sympathies that was pretty universally opposed by the governors of the more populated states. The military opposed this. Lacking an acceptable civilian (acceptable to all civilian parties) to back, the military took over rather overtly rather than the traditional means of a puppet. I am not stating this was neither right nor wrong, but I can understand the fear of Russian interference in the western hemisphere. The concern was not as simple as communist versus USA politics or economics.

I have no links other thn my faulty memory on this. Sorry. Of course you can peruse the wiki for whatever it is worth.

Citizen

@NorseThing.

I can understand the fear of Russian interference in the western hemisphere... I am not stating this was neither right nor wrong
    Not exactly, the idea of a Russia-backed "communist menace" was a myth created by those behind the coup to justify it. Where there is a dictatorship, there is not freedom. Thousands were brutalized and hundreds killed during 21 years. The brutal regime - fully supported by the US -killed hundreds and tortured thousands between 1964 and 1985.On 13 December 1968, the dictatorship announced the introduction of Institutional Act 5,suspending the few remaining individual rights /guarantees in the Constitution, and gave carte blanche to the spread of state violence. This led to a wave of removals, arrests, murders, disappearances, and torture.

The Ghost of Brazil's Military Dictatorship - Foreign Affairs

Brutal military dictatorships governed many Latin American countries during the 1970s and 1980s. But most of those countries—including Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay—established truth commissions in the aftermath of the repression. Such reconciliation processes allowed successor governments to prosecute at least some human rights abusers, as well as to forge a national narrative that could begin to set the period’s demons to rest.
    The Brazilian government took a different path. It waited until 2012 to establish its commission, never charged anyone with a crime in connection with the dictatorship, and did not seriously encourage a national dialogue about the country’s authoritarian past. Rather than develop a politics of memory, as other Latin American countries have done, Brazil has chosen to pursue a politics of forgetting. This response may help explain how an apologist for torture and dictatorship was able to rise to power in Brazil in 2018.

Check the video, What methods of torture were used during the Brazilian military
    --------
    In fact, how many democratic elected governments were overthrown by the US?List of democratically elected governments overthrown by the US

T
    he US-led the free world against the communist bloc who threatened to destroy democracy –
    this we are all told. However, such a statement is gross mis-generalization. In the context of the cold war, where a single miscalculation dared threaten nuclear Armageddon, pragmatic realism triumphed wishful idealism when it came to foreign policy. Thus, the USSR was not above supporting nationalist states and the US not shy of destroying another’s liberty
    Last edited by Ludicus; April 01, 2019 at 08:27 AM.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Coups nearly always create myths to justify the coup. It still is understandable to believe there was real concern about Russia in the late 1950's and early 1960's and not just concern by the USA.

The fact of real concern is not negated by the provision by coup makers of a myth.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast