Is tehre any multiplayer scenario with custom objectives? For example, a kill the general unit scenario, cross a point with a peasant or control the enemy flag?
And has anyone played Knights of Honor? Someone could make a scenario like the Tower mode. A brief explaining:
-There is an odd number (5, 7, 9...) of towers spread in the map.When you get some infantry troops climb it, you control it.
-Each controlled tower gives you a certain amount of gold, which can be used to purchase more units.
-You try to get as many towers as possible as your opponent does, so you can have more troops and wipe him out.

I think it could be quite possible to do it. Putting towers in a scenario isn't difficulty. I don't know how can you make the money system, but here are some alternatives:
-Each tower gives you a type of troop in regular periods (60 sec).
-Each tower gives you a specific type of troop (tower #1 generates light cavalry, tower #2 gives you foot archers, tower #3 gives you siege weapon...)
-The longer you hold the tower, the better the unit that will be generated (peasant archers in the beginning, after you control it for 300 sec, it begins generating longbows, after 600 sec, retinue longbowmen, after 1200 sec, sherwood archers...).

I would personally do it but I have no notion about scripting. But i think it shouldn't be very hard. Some <if> in each towers to decide who will be the owner of the troops and regular generating troops (since you can generate troops in battle, as I've seen in some historical battles) could do the trick.

What do you think of this idea? Post your opinions.