Navigating the treacherous waters of public domain and fair use material versus strictly copyrighted material is always a pain in the rear. I've released M2TW and RTW vanilla soundtrack mods for EBII in the past (see my signature for a link, with one for 2.3 as well). However, that is under the assumption (with an explanatory disclaimer) that whoever downloads the submod already owns copies of those games and hence can get around the copyright and licensing issues with it.

I forget: can the same thing apply to submods that contain tracks from movies or movie music production companies, e.g. Audiomachine, Two Steps from Hell, & X-Ray Dog? And I mean without actually editing the tracks themselves to "sample" them and avoid copyright issues by using tracks in their entirety instead of small snippets. I honestly don't know much about the forum rules that apply here! I have DEFINITELY downloaded music submods that contained tracks from movies and the aforementioned production companies before, but I think they may have been edited or even muffled to avoid copyright issues. Can it just be released with a disclaimer notifying people who download that they should already own the albums by these production companies first or something?

Finally, I'm bringing this up because I want to release a submod of the modded soundtrack I am currently enjoying in my own version of 2.35. It includes stuff like this: