Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Women’s March ties to Louis Farrakhan, and California march canceled over ‘concerns it would be overwhelmingly white’

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Women’s March ties to Louis Farrakhan, and California march canceled over ‘concerns it would be overwhelmingly white’

Is the intersectional attitude of woman’s march co-chairs towards ‘whiteness’ a healthy one? Or towards race in general

Some if their worldview seems to be indirectly influenced by ‘whiteness studies’, a field containing such individuals as Susan Sontag and Theodore Allan.

I looked up ‘whiteness studies’, and the first publication that popped up was the invention of the white race, by Theo Allen.

Turns out, he was a communist. Huh.

And let’s have a gander at Susan Sontag.

If America is the culmination of Western white civilization, as everyone from the Left to the Right declares, then there must be something terribly wrong with Western white civilization. This is a painful truth; few of us want to go that far.... The truth is that Mozart, Pascal, Boolean algebra, Shakespeare, parliamentary government, baroque churches, Newton, the emancipation of women, Kant, Marx, Balanchine ballets, et al, don't redeem what this particular civilization has wrought upon the world. The white race is the cancer of human history; it is the white race and it alone—its ideologies and inventions—which eradicates autonomous civilizations wherever it spreads, which has upset the ecological balance of the planet, which now threatens the very existence of life itself.
    She was at least highly critical of Communism.

believed in, or at least applied, a double standard to the angelic language of Communism ... Communism is Fascism—successful Fascism, if you will. What we have called Fascism is, rather, the form of tyranny that can be overthrown—that has, largely, failed. I repeat: not only is Fascism (and overt military rule) the probable destiny of all Communist societies—especially when their populations are moved to revolt—but Communism is in itself a variant, the most successful variant, of Fascism. Fascism with a human face... Imagine, if you will, someone who read only the Reader's Digest between 1950 and 1970, and someone in the same period who read only The Nation or [t]he New Statesman. Which reader would have been better informed about the realities of Communism? The answer, I think, should give us pause. Can it be that our enemies were right?

Sontag's speech reportedly "drew boos and shouts from the audience".
    We discussed earlier how feminists like Sarsour and Mallory compare Jews to white people. On that particular subject, this I think is an article worthwhile reading. It does not seem to be white people, or Jewish people that are the problem, but what is perceived as ‘whiteness’ and ‘jewness’ as I perceive it.

The white male is the Jew of liberal fascism. The “key to solving the social problems of our age is to abolish the white race,” writes the whiteness studies scholar and historian Noel Ignatiev. Whiteness studies is a cutting-edge academic discipline sweeping American higher education. Some thirty universities have WS departments, but many more schools teach the essentials of whiteness studies in other courses. The executive director of the Center for the Study of White American Culture explains, “There is no crime that whiteness has not committed against people of color . . . We must blame whiteness for the continuing patterns today . . . which damage and prevent the humanity of those of us within it.” The journal Race Traitor (ironically, a Nazi term) is dedicated “to serve as an intellectual center for those seeking to abolish the white race.” Now, this is not a genocidal movement; no one is suggesting that white people be rounded up and put in camps. But the principles, passions, and argumentation have troubling echoes.

First, there is the left’s shocking defense of black riot ideology and gangsterism. The glorification of violence, the romance of the street, the denunciations of “the system,” the conspiratorialism, the exaltation of racial solidarity, the misogyny of hip-hop culture: all of these things offer a disturbing sense of déjà vu. Hip-hop culture has incorporated. On college campuses, administrators routinely look the other way at classically fascist behavior, from newspaper burnings to the physical intimidation of dissident speakers. These attitudes ultimately stem from the view that the white man, like the Jew, represents every facet of what is wrong and oppressive to humanity. As Susan Sontag proclaimed in 1967, “The white race is the cancer of human history.” Meanwhile, Enlightenment notions of universal humanity are routinely mocked on the academic left as a con used to disguise entrenched white male privilege.
    I feel Papay’s statement was somewhat in step with this ideology of ‘critical whiteness’

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Oh no. The most privileged group in the last 500 years, the group that has committed countless atrocities everywhere in the world including genocides, illegal invasions, wars, occupations, massacres, against all other civilizations is now feel threatened because they cannot do the same thing today. Isnt is sad?
    Last edited by Aexodus; January 20, 2019 at 01:15 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Default Re: Women’s March ties to Louis Farrakhan, and California march canceled over ‘concerns it would be overwhelmingly white’

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    I think you are becoming a bit paranoid if you think that the whole world conspires against "white people". Fact is that "white people" continue to control the world just like they do since 1500. The difference is that white people are now incapable of having blacks as slaves or humiliating countries like China or India with wars just for the shake of making more money.
    That doesn't answer my questions. My questions: Why do you think white people are inherently and collectively victims of ''their historical crimes''?
    What can be done to atone that?
    Last edited by Tango12345; February 12, 2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Irrelevant/off-topic

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    The fact that we are trying to figure out which hispanics are "white" or not demonstrates the terminal stages of identity politics. Jesus ing christ.
    actually, that we are confronted with this stupid question at all is due to the early stages of racism. i guess you only take issue with the modern day progressve identity politics, as usual? like, those that adress the problem, instead of creating it, like the identity politics of the 19th century?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativi...#United_States

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

American classification of what is hispanic seems to be a result of Hispanics for most of america’s history making up less than 4% of the population, and seems to be more a cultural differentiation than a racial one. Particularly with Mexico and hispanic culture being near inseparable.

Latinos on the other hand are different. But yes Ponti’s right that it’s sad that identity politics is making this even an issue.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    That doesn't answer my questions. My questions: Why do you think white people are inherently and collectively victims of ''their historical crimes''?
    If you have problem with that blame white people who invented political correctness and used it in order to justify 500 years of wars of agression against "barbarians"
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; January 21, 2019 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Continuity.

That's quite a few skip of steps, probably not true, also doesn't answer my questions. Let me repeat them: why do you think white people are inherently and collectively victims of ''their historical crimes''?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; January 21, 2019 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Flame.

Thread reopened. Please remember to respect the rules. Any future violations will not be treated leniently, especially if they involve accusations of rape against fellow members.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    The fact that we are trying to figure out which hispanics are "white" or not demonstrates the terminal stages of identity politics. Jesus ing christ.
    Agreed! It is so funny when we see the need to combine ethnicity and race to mix up people being people. Even wiki gets things messed up at times:
    because Hispanics are counted both by their ethnicity and by their race, giving a higher overall number.
    The census always has an easy out with the self identification bit on the census form. I think the next census I should self identity as a black pacific islander transgender just so they can get more federal money allocated to the worthy goal of being black pacific islanders that are transgender.

This is pretty much nothing about nothing. We are all form some place and we take pride (if we wish to) in our ancestors.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456