Hi guys,

I downloaded Shogun 2 for Mac from the App Store and have been playing for a little over a month, mostly using auto-resolve for most of my battles because of the constant crashing. Now, however, I'm trying to play on legendary or hard mode with some of the weaker clans, and auto-resolving is just not going to cut it, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out.

The problem that I'm experiencing (ever since I first started playing) is that whenever I go from a battle back to campaign map or when loading a campaign from the main menu, there's a good chance of the game crashing. Below are my specs, the symptoms I've noticed, and solutions I've tried.

Specs
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000, 512 MB (yes, I know this is unsupported )

Symptoms

- Crash only loading a save state or going back to campaign map post-battle; this can happen very frequently (80%+) or rarely (sometimes I can get in 3-4 battles without it crashing).
- Starting a new campaign never crashes for some reason.
- I have no problems during battles or before battles. It is only when going back to campaign map after battle that this happens. This, plus the fact that I have trouble loading save states (which presumably loads the campaign map), leads me to believe that the issue occurs when I load the campaign map. I further confirmed that battles are not a problem by playing multiple custom battles, none of which caused any crashes.

Solutions tested

- Playing on lowest graphics settings
- Tried different resolutions

*One interesting thing I discovered accidentally is that when I play Rise of the Samurai, it never crashes, whether it is post-battle or loading save states. I noticed that the campaign map, though the same in terms of cities and shape, is slightly different in texture. Does anyone know how I can replace the Shogun 2 campaign map file with the one from Rise of the Samurai? I've tried digging around and renaming/replacing some files (after backing up originals of course), but that didn't seem to impact anything. Perhaps I'm just not looking at the right place?

*The thing that bothers me the most is that if the problem is with loading the campaign map, which is definitely what it looks like, then I can't figure out why the heck starting a new campaign does not produce the problem.

If anyone has any suggestions for any other potential solutions or can just teach me how to do what I described in the first *, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks!