Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Hellenism for DEI

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    The new update - 1.1a - has been released for the Age of Hellenism, please, check the download link in the opening post. It contains:

• Rebalancing of the edict effects - the effects have overall been buffed
      • War Mobilization; decreased PO penalty while the number of recruitment slots has been increased
      • Commercial Stimulation; bonus from trade modified to both land trade and maritime trade and tax modifier penalty decreased so as to make this edict beneficial for most of the provinces with income from trade
      • Colonization; bonus to growth increased while the penalty to PO decreased
      • Freedom to the Greeks; bonus to the conversion to the Hellenic culture slightly increased

• Since the edicts are designed on a bonus-against-penalty basis, I've thought it appropriate to increase the edict allowance by 1 for each imperium level
    • Slight modifications to the autoresolve script
      • defensive autoresolve bonus for all major factions against all minor factions has been slightly buffed to make it even more difficult for minor factions to take land from major factions
      • offensive autoresolve bonus for Rome against other major factions has been minimally decreased

• Fixed the instances of some of the wonders' effects linking up with the old edicts
    • Fixed a number of text localization errors

The update is savegame compatible so you can easily use it on your ongoing campaign.

Tomorrow I'll update the description in the opening post with the new edict effects.

Thanks to Nordling, Tenerife Boy, Falco, Nikossaiz and others who have taken their time to give me some proper feedback!

Thx for the update!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Maybe we'll work togehter maybe not, we haven't discuss anything yet.
    For sure I don't want to have these 2 submods colliding at all.
    If Seleukos could work with you, we'll give him an award for his patience

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

once i activate by mistake scipios edicts with age of hellenism and i had something like 10 or so edicts in my disposal to choose from. ( and the UI adapted to it )

we'll give him an award for his patience
    and maybe one or two medals if anything seleukos would prove that someone can keep up with the super moding pace of jake.

Thanks for the update Seleukos, i'll try it in my next campaign choosing directly an ellenic faction!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Thx
    We'll disuss privately about PIGS edicts, I'haven't started to think about, actually
    Sure thing, Jake! You know you can reach me any time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Thanks bro for the update!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Thx for the update!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auchan View Post
    Thanks for the update Seleukos, i'll try it in my next campaign choosing directly an ellenic faction!
    No problem, guys. Hope you like the changes and let me know if you see anything strange.

Tenerife Boy, as Jake said above, AoH and PIGS are fully compatible. I'm currently using them together so that's no problem, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    and maybe one or two medals if anything seleukos would prove that someone can keep up with the super moding pace of jake.
    Unless I quit my job, divorce my wife and denounce my son, I can't keep up with Jake's pace, that's for sure. And I wouldn't even dare to try!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    If Seleukos could work with you, we'll give him an award for his patience
    Ohhh..., I don't think it would be that bad!

Unless I quit my job, divorce my wife and denounce my son, I can't keep up with Jake's pace, that's for sure. And I wouldn't even dare to try!
    haha! well , After PIGs came into play the first clouds started to gother over my marriege, think i have a little time left before the storm coming with his new age script

Great news indeed, I just hesitate a lil bit

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Super Jake another cancelled Netflix show going to Disney's platform...

Ohhh..., I don't think it would be that bad!
    The dude eats yogurt buddy and not even the Greek typre...Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    The dude eats yogurt buddy and not even the Greek typre...Just saying
    Well, you know, every morning I have either the porridge or yoghurt with musli for breakfast, so I guess I may just be able to find a common laguange with Jake!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Pay attention, I had to stop eating yoghurt 'cause it dramatically increased the production of mucus inside my nose

Wow, that's too much info, Jake...

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Too much yoghurt actually...

I see, that's understandable, Jake!

What about Maurya ?

I mean, while they hold a tiny part on the map, at that point in time they had a pretty big empire as they were holding a big chump of India.

Seleukos, since you have the abillity to look the campaign scripts, can you see the one that make the player have great disdvantage when assult in the first turn of a siege? I dont have problem with that, i wish we wouldnt have laders from the first turn anyway, but maybe the script infuence the besieged AI to attack the player on the first turn of the siege even if the odds are against it?

Quote Originally Posted by AltanIV View Post
    What about Maurya ?

I mean, while they hold a tiny part on the map, at that point in time they had a pretty big empire as they were holding a big chump of India.
    This is true, Altan. The Mauryan kingdom was not, however, a Hellenistic kingdom, and that's why it hasn't been covered in this mod.

At some point I will most likely expand this mod to inculde other cultures, as well, starting probably with the Eastern factions, but for now it's solely the Hellenic factions that are covered.

Seleukos, since you have the abillity to look the campaign scripts, can you see the one that make the player have great disdvantage when assult in the first turn of a siege? I dont have problem with that, i wish we wouldnt have laders from the first turn anyway, but maybe the script infuence the besieged AI to attack the player on the first turn of the siege even if the odds are against it?
    Sure thing, nikossaiz! I'm not exactly sure there this script is, but I can definitely take a look at it once I've stumbled upon it.

I may, however, say with a large degree of certainty that it is very unlikely that such a script can influence the decision taken by the AI as to whether it should break the siege and attack the player's besigining army, or whether it should wait to defend inside the city.

The reason why I'm quite certain about it is that the AI is normally not aware of what is there inside the script. That's why minor factions still attack the major factions even though they don't stand a chance of winning due to bonuses in the autoresolve script for the major factions. And that's also why such complex scripted mechanics as population or supply system apply mostly for the human player and not the AI. The AI simply doesn't know how to handle it.

With regard to this tendency for the AI to sally out after the first turn of the siege, I recall Dresden once saying that this is due to the AI's aversion for taking attrition. It would rather sally out and fight the besiging army, even against the odds, than stay in the city and take attrition.

One of the possible remedies for this is to turn off the attrition both for the attacker and the defender. AE used to have this included in its pack, but I'm actually not sure whether this feature is there at the moment. I think I still have a pack that turns off the attrition laying somewhere on my PC. I can send it to you tonight if you want.

@Seleukos

You have absolutely right about the awarness of scripts by AI , i mention it myself on you on the conversation about the rome vs Epirus script ( do you still think of include it on later versions of Hellenism? ) . I believe the frustration of 3 one after another suicide exodus from the AI make me to wright on you on haste and without thinking to be fair now the AI in general seem to be more reasonable, I rarely see transport ship to attack cities or full stack fleets for example, which is a releaf!
    What the AE mod does is turn off the attrition for the besieger i think. Anyway i like this feature and i dont want to exclude it as a solution. Nevertheless if you find the pack upload it, id like to give it a try for testing.
    As for the Age of Helenism, Ptolemaioi finally got out from their nirvana and conquer the arabian factions. I think the fact that i play as seleucids play a major part for the Ptolemais AI behaviour. AI Rome on the other hand play really well, as you say, they eventually prevale but they struggle more than before.

This is true, Altan. The Mauryan kingdom was not, however, a Hellenistic kingdom, and that's why it hasn't been covered in this mod.

At some point I will most likely expand this mod to inculde other cultures, as well, starting probably with the Eastern factions, but for now it's solely the Hellenic factions that are covered.
    Ok fair enough. Thank you for the answer, and for the mod obviously

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

That can be edited with CAI actually

@Seleukos

You have absolutely right about the awarness of scripts by AI , i mention it myself on you on the conversation about the rome vs Epirus script ( do you still think of include it on later versions of Hellenism? ) . I believe the frustration of 3 one after another suicide exodus from the AI make me to wright on you on haste and without thinking to be fair now the AI in general seem to be more reasonable, I rarely see transport ship to attack cities or full stack fleets for example, which is a releaf!
    What the AE mod does is turn off the attrition for the besieger i think. Anyway i like this feature and i dont want to exclude it as a solution. Nevertheless if you find the pack upload it, id like to give it a try for testing.
    As for the Age of Helenism, Ptolemaioi finally got out from their nirvana and conquer the arabian factions. I think the fact that i play as seleucids play a major part for the Ptolemais AI behaviour. AI Rome on the other hand play really well, as you say, they eventually prevale but they struggle more than before.
    Thanks for the update, Niko! I'm glad to hear that the Ptolemies finally got out of that limbo and started conquering some land.

Regarding the script that would enforce peace on Epirus and Rome after Rome's taking Taras, I'm actually quite skeptical at the moment because of what I've seen there in my recent camapigns. It happens very often that Rome takes now Apollonia first, or I have, for instance, seen also Epirus taking Cosentia in southern Italy. Forcing peace upon these factions may thus lead to some strange situations when Epirus is still holding onto some settlements in Italy while they are no longer at war against Rome. In that case, however, Rome would probably attack within the next few turns any way, so there wouldn't be much use of such a script any way.

Another solution that I'm contemplating is to remove entirely Rome's autoresolve bonus once they fight Epirus, but I don't know... at the same time I don't wanna criple Rome too much... I will keep on thinking about it!

You can use this link to get that pack that will turn off the attrition both for the besiger and the sieged.

Quote Originally Posted by AltanIV View Post
    Ok fair enough. Thank you for the answer, and for the mod obviously
    No problem, Altan!
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; February 26, 2019 at 01:42 AM.