View Poll Results: Which TWO AARs are your favourites?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • God's Justice

6 50.00%
  • Derc Plays Through World History

4 33.33%
  • An Orc's Tale

3 25.00%
  • To earn a Kingdom

3 25.00%
  • The Persian awakens

0 0%
  • The Last Chariots of the Tarquins

8 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAARC LXXIX - The Vote!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXIX - The Vote!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

The Writers' Study Presents:
    MAARC LXXIX

Voting

You have TWO votes. You must use both votes; you need to cast them both at the same time.

If you use the wrong number of votes, please send a private message to the competition organiser before voting ends,
    indicating which submissions you wanted to vote for.

If you use the wrong number of votes and do not contact the organiser before voting ends, then none of your votes will count.

Advertising

Advertising of the competition is allowed. Inviting people to vote for their favourite AAR is okay.

Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

Breaking the rules will result in measures at the discretion of the Writers' Study Staff.

Submissions

Submission 1 God's Justice

The royal family is being targeted, the castles and cities of the Kingdom of Jerusalem are under threat, and the Saracens are as fearsome as ever. Good, hardened soldiers are as hard to find as allies, and the Kingdom is desperately short on men. A young prince, having just come of age, has to meander and find his way through various trials and tribulations in the timeless sands of the Holy Land.

Submission 2 Derc Plays Through World History

A postmodernist take on reality. The current one also deals with Alexanders apostrophic demise, and what happens when an alcoholic drinks water. Warning! Rated R for old graphics.

Submission 3 An Orc's Tale

Now completed, this is the bloody tale of the orc chieftain Malthur and his loyal and faithful, or not, service to the great eye. Cosy fires for everyone. Follow the orcs career and the events of Mordors warring against the human scoundrels in the neighbourhood.

Submission 4 To earn a Kingdom

To earn a Kingdom is a tale about the famous hero Aragorn and his quest to become both king of Arnor and Gondor. The war in the North is over and our heroes set out on a even more perilous quest to save Middle-Earth. The forces of Arnor have surprised the Dark Lord with their arrival in Ithilien and now march on the Black Gate to challenge Sauron's impressive might.

Submission 5 The Persian Empire awakens

I am writing a concept version of where the Persians conquer the world in this alternate universe, and its low accuracy and more entertainment.

Submission 6 The Last Chariots of the Tarquins

The AAR includes beautiful images, but is primarily a prose-based accounting of the journeys of Arnth and Avle, Etruscan brothers caught between the Gallic hordes and the ever-hungry hearts of the Ramnenses (Romans). Their journeys include the perils of blade and bow, but of hunger and thirst as well, of sickness and exhaustion, and the caprices of duplicitous politicians as well. It is a tragedy and it is an adventure, but most of all, The Last Chariots of the Tarquins is an experience, and one not to be missed.

Best of luck to all the entrants!

Default Re: MAARC LXXIX - The Vote!

Voted! And it's nice to see so many people were able to get out updates despite the holiday chaos and almost guaranteed stress. Well played team!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Voted! Nice to have a full competition run, though 2 votes makes me feel like I'm doing a lot people some injustice. Prince Jean would never forgive me for that. Seriously though, thanks to all who entered, best of luck!

Edit: *stares down Turkafinwe* Ramsey! I mean Skotos! I need more hounds!
    Last edited by Swaeft; January 02, 2019 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Shenenenenenigans.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Voted as well! Indeed it's good to see we could run a full competition so thanks to everyone who entered! Great entries allround and to the victor go the spoils! Good luck everyone!

*looks at Swaeft* We meet again.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

A great selection indeed, and definitely a tough one with only two votes to cast.

And I just realized what a bonehead move it was copy/pasting Kilo's description text for AAR as it looks arrogant as hell when coming out of my mouth. "Beautiful images!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skotos of Sinope View Post
    And I just realized what a bonehead move it was copy/pasting Kilo's description text for AAR as it looks arrogant as hell when coming out of my mouth. "Beautiful images!"
    Oh, no worries Skotos. I am Kilo11, and I approve that description!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Certainly much better advertising than Derc's AAR got. I'm kinda disappointed of Kilo's lack of approval there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    Certainly much better advertising than Derc's AAR got. I'm kinda disappointed of Kilo's lack of approval there.
    Don't fret Cookie, it's not that I don't want to stamp yours for approval too, it's just that my stamp is dry and the stamp-ink store is closed on Thursdays (Who would have thought, right?).

But in all seriousness, I think your description captures well the feel of Derc's AAR, and is off-kilter enough to get people to poke over that way, which is a good thing!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Citizen

It was written shortly after Alexanders waterly death (that's right, in 323 BC) and apostrophgate.
    I wish we could combine both debacles into one word... Hmmm... Hmmmmmmmm...

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Voted. And best of luck to everyone. It really was a tough choice to pick just two.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I agree with everyone who said that this is a really difficult choice, I'm enjoying all of these AARs. Voted, good luck to all (and I'll read your new AAR update, Welsh Dragon!)

Citizen

Who won?! I very much need to know!!

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Who won?! I very much need to know!!
    Hey CG!

The polls for the MAARCs actually run for two weeks, so you'll have to wait another week for the results to come in! But I understand the feeling, I myself am very anxious to see who will emerge triumphant.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just saw this now and feel good to be on nomination list. Though my AAR is too early, I do hope one day it can be a super story thread like the famous AARs.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    I just saw this now and feel good to be on nomination list. Though my AAR is too early, I do hope one day it can be a super story thread like the famous AARs.
    If you didn't submit your AAR we might not have gotten the opportunity to run a full competition. Indeed your AAR is early, but we all have to start somewhere. I remember when I decided to come back and write God's Justice (I was very on the fence - the thing that was biting at me was my habit of abandoning AARs), I was intimidated by the long standing, better AARs. Don't let that get you down, we improve by writing more!

Citizen

Well Felipe, I've been intimidated since June 06, 2017, but I found the following trick to be very helpful:
    I think the way to go is to get people's hopes up high but post very little. That way they can't be disappointed and your fear works to your advantage.
    Side effects might include seeing your AAR missing on Schindlers Swaefts list, causing you to cry uncontrollably for a few hours; and you might miss out on that one (!) competition you were interested in partaking, but other than that this trick works really well!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

See that's me being a doofus again. I don't know why I didn't put your AAR in there, I am actually caught up. (I have said as much on your thread!) Time to rectify that error.

Hmm...second half of Jan is approaching

Citizen

I have a deadline for the 25th of January. So I won't be able to post any major updates until after.
    But don't worry, I've already done the groundwork.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I have a deadline for the 25th of January. So I won't be able to post any major updates until after.

But don't worry, I've already done the groundwork.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thank you Cookiegod and Swaeft for the kind words

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast