Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Fractured Dragon - A Skyrim AAR

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fractured Dragon - A Skyrim AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I agree with Turkafinwë! It's a nice touch that Gared followed in his father's footsteps by becoming a Restoration Adept and the line about what they said to Gared when he was made an Adept reinforces this well. I imagine that Gared will miss having the pendant (although I can see why you'd remove it, it sounded very powerful) and the meeting on the steps of High Hrothgar is a wonderful moment. This chapter underlines the importance of finding the Wellspring and the dangers which Gared will face.
    Good points! Though I did remove the pendant, it might return sooner than you might think

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It has been a long break from the AAR writing, but with exams over I now have a chance to return! Once I get my mods in working order again I shall resume this work as soon as possible. I hope to provide an update by next week!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Swaeft's back! whoop whoop

Hope your exams went well. Gared's been too long in High Hrothgar. Time to enter Skyrim once again.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome back, looking forward to more of Gared's adventures!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    Swaeft's back! whoop whoop

Hope your exams went well. Gared's been too long in High Hrothgar. Time to enter Skyrim once again.
    Thanks Turk! The exams were tricky, as they were taken under conditions never tried before cos of the pandemic, I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Welcome back, looking forward to more of Gared's adventures!
    Thanks Alwyn! I too wonder what I shall craft for him...I'll probably have to do a short recap of the story so far as well.

You're welcome, a short recap sounds like a good idea.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

You're welcome, a short recap sounds like a good idea.
    Will do!

Unfortunately in my somewhat lengthy absence a few mods seem to have updated and rendered my savegame quite unstable. Will have to fiddle around with this before I can continue with the game. Apologies for the delay, and I'll keep you guys updated.

That sounds like a nightmare! I hope you can find a solution. Would starting a new play-through work (even though I imagine it would be frustrating after you've got well into your adventures)?

Content Emeritus

That's a bummer indeed. Elder Scrolls mods are famous for these kind of things. Hopefully you'll be able to fix it.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

That sounds like a nightmare! I hope you can find a solution. Would starting a new play-through work (even though I imagine it would be frustrating after you've got well into your adventures)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    That's a bummer indeed. Elder Scrolls mods are famous for these kind of things. Hopefully you'll be able to fix it.
    Thanks guys. I do think I need to start a new playthrough, because one of the mods isn't compatible with my version of Skyrim anymore, and this mod happens to be central to the next arc of the story. I won't say which one it is because I want to pursue this arc if possible, and you guys might be able to guess what happens if I name it, but at this point it increasingly looks like I have to start a new playthrough. I guess I could continue without screenshots, but I really don't want to do that.

Will keep you guys updated as things progress, and sorry about this!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

So unfortunately some of the mods (more than one as I have found out) aren't going to be updated, I have tried messaging the mod authors, and through no fault of their own they have either not replied or are not considering continuing to support the mods, so unfortunately until I find a more permanent work around this AAR will remain dead...such hopes I had for it too

Hope you guys had some fun at least reading it!

Content Emeritus

A terrible shame indeed

It was very enjoyable while it lasted. Hopefully it won't remain dead forever.

How disappointing! I agree, it's a real shame that the mods aren't supported anymore.

Yes, I enjoyed it a lot, I hope you'll either find a way to continue this, or start a new AAR.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456