Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Results 281 to 291 of 291

Thread: US Government Shutdown

  1. #281

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    History, Art & Archives. United States House of Representatives

    The founders also addressed what crimes constituted grounds for impeachment. Treason and bribery were obvious choices, but George Mason of Virginia thought those crimes did not include a large number of punishable offenses against the state. James Madison of Virginia objected to using the term “maladministration” because it was too vague. Mason then substituted “other high Crimes and Misdemeanors” in addition to treason and bribery. The term “high Crimes and Misdemeanors” was a technical term—again borrowed from British legal practice—that denoted crimes by public officials against the government. Mason’s revision was accepted without further debate. But subsequent experience demonstrated the revised phrase failed to clarify what constituted impeachable offenses.

  2. #282

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Alright fine, go ahead and prove your case for impeachment here then. I will pay attention. But you can't use the wall or illegal immigration as factors since you already disqualified those things as factors.
    Seen here. Stating a position, but unwilling to explain it. Burden of proof on him. Given multiple opportunities to explain it over a night.



    You have much treasurable knowledge to share with posters as they come across relevant questions. The only reason I haven't done so is because calculus sucks and because Electromagnetics hasn't come up yet. You....you're lazy.

    Go away.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  3. #283

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Shameful.
    Roads go ever ever on,
    Over rock and under tree,
    By caves where never sun has shone,
    By streams that never find the sea

  4. #284

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Explain it any time you wish.

    The point is Ponti, don't enter into the debate as someone with Law knowledge unless you want to explain this crap. Back it or concede.
    Last edited by Gaidin; Yesterday at 10:57 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  5. #285

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Your demand that the burden of proof rests with the non-moving party (of which your argument has absolutely no understanding), your insulting demands that those who do not reach your arguments in any case advance your arguments which the opposing party's arguments are "lazy" and [should] "go away."

    It's like you're the super villain trying to brainwash the moderate moderates of the middle class to poison them against their own interests.

    Lol. Prove your point and we'll stop denouncing it as absolutely bad and against the interests of everyone but the super rich.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; Yesterday at 11:04 PM.
    Roads go ever ever on,
    Over rock and under tree,
    By caves where never sun has shone,
    By streams that never find the sea

  6. #286

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Not a peep about impeachment rules, despite being several posts in.

  7. #287

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Your demand that the burden of proof rests with the non-moving party (of which your argument has absolutely no understanding), your insulting demands that those who do not reach your arguments in any case advance your arguments which the opposing party's arguments are "lazy" and [should] "go away."

    It's like you're the super villain trying to brainwash the moderate moderates of the middle class to poison them against their own interests.
    You entered legally interpreting my post nevermind a post before mine at least 30 posts ago. You've been legally dicking with this thread for quite a while. Are you saying the burden of proof only applies to you when you want it to? Because you made a very whack claim about me but you still won't explain it. Which I find very hilarious. Because usually you're very willing to explain it. Suddenly tonight you're just that chickenshit. Fine. Ponti is a lawyer only when he wants to be. He's gonna dick with posters when he wants to. It's official. He's just that much of a schmuck.

    Most importantly, the lesson we learn.

    His knowledge is his own and he won't explain anything to anybody.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  8. #288

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Not a peep about impeachment rules, despite being several posts in.
    Because it doesn't matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    You entered legally interpreting my post nevermind a post before mine at least 30 posts ago. You've been legally dicking with this thread for quite a while. Are you saying the burden of proof only applies to you when you want it to? Because you made a very whack claim about me but you still won't explain it. Which I find very hilarious. Because usually you're very willing to explain it. Suddenly tonight you're just that chickenshit. Fine. Ponti is a lawyer only when he wants to be. He's gonna dick with posters when he wants to. It's official. He's just that much of a schmuck.

    His knowledge is his own and he won't explain anything to anybody.
    Base insults aren't worth replying to.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; Yesterday at 11:20 PM.
    Roads go ever ever on,
    Over rock and under tree,
    By caves where never sun has shone,
    By streams that never find the sea

  9. #289

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Because it doesn't matter.
    Then don't respond to it. You've responded to it and curiously avoided commenting on actual impeachment procedures, despite being asked to. We are probably at post #20 at this point, so again, what can we or can we not impeach President Trump for? Theoretically speaking.

    Meanwhile you edited your posts in a pathetic attempt to remedy your positions lol.
    I followed this exchange from beginning to end, the edits are either so minimal as to elicit no change to the content of the discourse, or they simply aren't there. Why don't you answer the questions that you seem to be so knowledgeable about?

  10. #290

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Then don't respond to it. You've responded to it and curiously avoided commenting on actual impeachment procedures, despite being asked to. We are probably at post #20 at this point, so again, what can we or can we not impeach President Trump for? Theoretically speaking.
    Impeachment procedures? What impeachment procedures?



    I followed this exchange from beginning to end, the edits are either so minimal as to elicit no change to the content of the discourse, or they simply aren't there. Why don't you answer the questions that you seem to be so knowledgeable about?

    Because your argument has no idea what it is arguing about.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; Yesterday at 11:31 PM.
    Roads go ever ever on,
    Over rock and under tree,
    By caves where never sun has shone,
    By streams that never find the sea

  11. #291

    Default Re: US Government Shutdown

    Do you even know what you are arguing about? Please, enlighten us.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •