Thread: Use Meroe´s generals skins for Egypt

loreley's Avatar Laetus

Default Use Meroe´s generals skins for Egypt

Hi. I want to replace the greek generals (I know this is not historically correct), and put the skins of Meroe's generals, which are the same or very similar to those of the Pharaonic Egypt. I use Pack File Manager but I can not find a way to do this! There must be one or more files where each culture or subculture has its own skins for the generals, but I do not know what they are. Thanks!

gazastripclub's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Use Meroe´s generals skins for Egypt

Good question! There should be a way to make a separate .pack or whatever to have just a specific set of culture skins available on another faction, surely? What's the way to make something faction exclusive? DK skins look really good and more "local" Egyptian with the cool lion pelts etc.

As far as historical accuracy is concerned: it would be accurate, especially if you want a slightly different Egypt rather than what the devs thought a streamlined & essentialized militarized 272BC was in Alexandria and Memphis. No Thebes, Luxor, nor Ghaza? Only 3 provinces in Abyssinia/Upper Egypt? Throughout late antiquity Egypt was extremely diverse demographically, just from basic (incomplete & partially unknown) "census" results extrapolated from written records about tithes, trades, harvests, etc. There had only been less than a hundred years of Ptolemaic rule at the time of Rome 2. Hellenization had indeed started prior to the Alexandrian conquests, but even post conquest it was always a minority influence and demographic. It's really interesting reading to compare ancient Egypt to ancient China as they were the 2 most populous (by density) places in the world at the time (followed by riparian South Asia and Gaul). Rome 1 had like a dozen cities in the Egyptian region with the best historical mods lol with like 4 on the northern coast.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Use Meroe´s generals skins for Egypt

Simply add kush generals-art_set_ids in campaign_character_art_sets_tables to faction "rom_ptolemaics", then Egypt faction will use them instead of the greek ones.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day