Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE CHANGELOG PART 1 - "January Update" on the 20th*

Default Re: UPDATE CHANGELOG PART 1 - "January Update" on the 15th

We're talking about it likely being later in the evening, A) to help finish off any last minute fixes and B) because UMC will be uploading and he lives in the US, so if you're European you'll be looking out for it on the evening of the 20th.

Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Default Re: UPDATE CHANGELOG PART 1 - "January Update" on the 15th

Can't wait for the update! I'm super hyped about the new character changes! Thanks for the hard work, guys!

Default Re: UPDATE CHANGELOG PART 1 - "January Update" on the 20th*

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post

This changelog is subject to further change up until January 15th. If you want to influence what will be in this update, reply to this thread with feedback.

in that case I hope you will do something about AI unwillingness to create (sometimes AI does that) and fill (never seen that) a navy

Quote Originally Posted by Paker111 View Post
    in that case I hope you will do something about AI unwillingness to create (sometimes AI does that) and fill (never seen that) a navy
    This particular bug is actually fixed!

Will post screenshots around Friday
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Wow! Since when? Last time I was playing AE was late November and still had that issue. But if it's really fixed then it's a great news - finally some naval battles for me different than fighting transport ships
    In that case make Macedonia great again hihi. Meaning so it would expand more aggressively. It's not really immersing for me to fight them during macedonian mission as Rome when they have max 2 cities most of the time (few times seen them to have 3 but they always lost it). But to be honest that's something for future updates after all. Focus on polishing upcoming update guys. I'm so excited about it
    By the way, will there be historical messages (you know, as Rome: in year XYZ during consulship of... this and that happened) as events in this upcoming version? For reasons unknown I didn't had them when playing last time. It was very helpful to maintain historical speed of expansion when playing as Rome, not to mention how good for immersion it was.

I'm pretty sure the naval bug was fixed in the upcoming update. The issue with Macedon seems like it would be difficult to improve due to the nature of Attila's map; Greece is composed of only 3 regions, unlike Rome 2 which had a much greater focus on the area because of the time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Paker111 View Post
    Wow! Since when? Last time I was playing AE was late November and still had that issue. But if it's really fixed then it's a great news - finally some naval battles for me different than fighting transport ships
    In that case make Macedonia great again hihi. Meaning so it would expand more aggressively. It's not really immersing for me to fight them during macedonian mission as Rome when they have max 2 cities most of the time (few times seen them to have 3 but they always lost it). But to be honest that's something for future updates after all. Focus on polishing upcoming update guys. I'm so excited about it
    By the way, will there be historical messages (you know, as Rome: in year XYZ during consulship of... this and that happened) as events in this upcoming version? For reasons unknown I didn't had them when playing last time. It was very helpful to maintain historical speed of expansion when playing as Rome, not to mention how good for immersion it was.
    AI naval recruitment is fixed in the upcoming update on the 20th.

If I understand it correctly, the issue is with Macedon's power? In the new update, AI factions like Macedon receive special economical buffs to help them stay afloat and powerful.

kk about the fleet. Thank you again, can't wait for it

I don't think issue with Macedon is money. My observations make me conclude that there is something with M. AI aggression willingness. Usually in my games Macedon just stop to even try any expansion after conquering Rodos (sometimes but rarely it's Byzantium) but is mustering more and more units over time. When M. lost that conquered province, then start to "move" again. Issue at this stage is that M. is gangbanged by neighbors (usually Pergamon or Odrysians deal final blow - yeah, the latter guys expand like crazy, few times I've seen them taking whole Greece+islands/Pergamon even).

What about those historical information events :>?

Uh, my Attila game just downloaded a 912 mb update and now it's updating ancient empires part 2. Did you guys release the update today or what?
    Also, is Barbarian Expansion gonna be included in the update or do I need to download that seperately?
    Last edited by Jakoporeeno; January 18, 2019 at 09:53 AM.

Gaius Georgeus's Avatar Tiro

Just a quick question, is this update a reason why the Part 2 - Models section is currently unavailable on Steam?
    Alea iacta est.

The update was not released today, but I believe some files have been modified to accommodate for its eventual release.

yea I'm guessing they're repacking it or something, I had the same thing just now after starting Steam, 900mb update, then the Models Pack 2 disappeared.

I guess it's a good sign meaning January 20th update will actually come on the 20th

Really psyched for the 20th. This mod is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Georgeus View Post
    Just a quick question, is this update a reason why the Part 2 - Models section is currently unavailable on Steam?
    It is showing up as "needing to be updated" in my TW launcher and won't let me play since the download is stuck at 0 :/. Too bad, I got called off of work today too.

There was an intentional update to part 2 - files were transferred. Seems something went wrong, perhaps set to limited visibility. Should be fixed by tomorrow at the latest.

Tomorrow night we will also delve into some news on the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    There was an intentional update to part 2 - files were transferred. Seems something went wrong, perhaps set to limited visibility. Should be fixed by tomorrow at the latest.

Tomorrow night we will also delve into some news on the update!
    If it helps at all, the error code when trying to visit the steam community page for part 2 (the other parts work) is "The item is either marked as hidden or you do not have permission to view it."

That does indeed help, thank you
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Waiting on the 20th like..

RELEASE IT ALREADY, I​DEMAND​ IT BECAUSE I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER.

A couple of more things to fix guys but we're almost there

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast