Thread: [MOD REQUEST] satrapies cannot have armies or fleet

Default [MOD REQUEST] satrapies cannot have armies or fleet

Hello, first post here.

My question is: is there a mod that prevent satrapies from having any kind of army?

I'm using DEI with submod (Alternative Economy, Cultural Tensio, De Arbitris, and Dresden Diplomatic Option) and I want to play with Rome not by conquering the whole world, but to subjugate every faction.
    The problem is that every satrapies (Dresden mod, thank you!) use their army to conquer my enemies or to consume food in my region.
    Historically (expecially in Caesar in Gaul) Rome didn't conquered, but instead firstly guaranteed the region safety and "confiscate" all the weapons. So, I think that is kinda historical, because you need to defend your satrapies from invaders. Of course they can still rebel declaring you war..

Is there a mod like that? Is it even possible to make one?

Default Re: [MOD REQUEST] satrapies cannot have armies or fleet

Rome didn't confiscate the weapons of conquered regions, since they expected territories to provide security for themselves, rather than relying solely on the legions and auxiliary for security.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Rome didn't confiscate the weapons of conquered regions, since they expected territories to provide security for themselves, rather than relying solely on the legions and auxiliary for security.
    Well, is partial true.. romans did both of those system. Focusing on the Gallic Wars, Caesar confiscated enemy weapons and prohibited armies several times: and exemple is in his book.

Commentarii de Bello Gallico, Liber (book) 1, chapter XXVII

Why/how would they rebel against you if they have no armies?

For diplomatic reason, I suppose.
    Imagine a half subjugated Gaul, and Rome has only 3-4 armies scattered all over it. If they hate you enough, they can rebel and start to build their army. I'd be kinda like a standard civil war, when you loose control of some regions and they don't have immediately any army ready: AI start building some, and you are forced to deal with them

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Something could be done, like applying effects via script to a client/satrapy (like they can't recruit), but I'm not sure how you could erase their existing armies, tbh.
    I don't see many valid points in your proposal. And personally I won't do that.
    Are you saying player and player only should defend them?

De Ai Arbitris is not compatible with DeI 1.2.4, pay attention, should crash the game, are you sure you have it activated?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    De Ai Arbitris is not compatible with DeI 1.2.4, pay attention, should crash the game, are you sure you have it activated?
    I think it depends on where you place it in your loading order. If you put it higher up it won't crush, but it's not compatible, nevertheless.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Also now table names inside the file are loaded by alphabetical order so you can have a mod load as last but actually load as first if tables inside it have for example "aDeI_table" instead of "DeI_table".
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Moved to the appropriate thread.
    Sub Mods for Divide et Impera
    Feel free to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Something could be done, like applying effects via script to a client/satrapy (like they can't recruit), but I'm not sure how you could erase their existing armies, tbh.
    I don't see many valid points in your proposal. And personally I won't do that.
    Are you saying player and player only should defend them?

Thanks for the info Jake, even if I have not the skills to do it myself.

Yes, I mean the player only should defend his satrapies, it's a "trade" money/control for protection, in a super Caesar style

I know it's not compatible, I was referring to 1.2.3 version, not the latest

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk