Thread: Russo Japanese War era tactics implementation?

Default Russo Japanese War era tactics implementation?

Hi, I am a total noob and I have a few questions relating to the feasibility of adding Russo-Japanese war era tactics into the game (for a possible custom battle mod, I realize the campaign map is totally unusable).

1. The Japanese company at say 1000 meters would advance slowly in line and as it got closer, would begin to advance by sections, one advancing while the other stopped and began firing. As the troops got closer, they would advance by smaller units, first sections, then half sections, then squads, then individuals. As this happened, the advances would be made as rushes. As they got closer individuals would begin laying prone or digging small embankments with entrenching tools (or trenches in some cases to facilitate the advance of rear units).
    -Would this be possible to implement as a "mode" where you press a hotkey and target an enemy unit and your unit would begin advancing in this fashion?

2. The Japanese company would operate with a "firing line" and a "support" section. The firing line would usually be made up of two sections (the company had 3 of about 70 men) and the supports would be made up of one. As the firing line advanced and took casualties, men were sent in, sometimes by squad, but sometimes individually from the support to fill gaps in the firing line.
    - Would this also be possible to implement? (With the smallest selectable unit being the company)

Default Re: Russo Japanese War era tactics implementation?

Both your requests are impossible to implement.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer