Thread: Is any developer taking up completion of Westeros Total War 1.0 Beta?

Default Is any developer taking up completion of Westeros Total War 1.0 Beta?

As Admiral Thrawn mentioned in his review, Westeros Total War 1.0 needs to be taken up by another developer and completed. The mod still contains bugs and balancing issues.

Is there any developer planning to take over completion of the mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI0TdxhAGd8

Default Re: Is any developer taking up completion of Westeros Total War 1.0 Beta?

*cough cough* AdmiralThrawnyoushouldtotallydothis *cough cough*

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Is any developer taking up completion of Westeros Total War 1.0 Beta?

Well the Nights Watch and the Free Folk were not finished either (with good reason), just mentioning

Just in case any we are so lucky that a Dev wants to finish this magnificent mod here are my bug reports from the bug report thread:

Kind regards

Dear gentlemen who have created this magnificent mod.

I just finished playing as the wonderful House Tully in a very enjoyable very hard campaign. I just wanted to ask a few questions:

- At the time the mod plays out the Freys are sworn to House Tully as far as I recall(and maybe should be a part of the Tully faction) - The Starks will make a quick alliance with House Frey within the first few turns and after that you can't seem to kill those bloody Freys without breaking your alliance with The Starks. I find this a little peculiar since killing House Frey is, of course, a major objective to House Tully. Do you have any plans on changing somethings that might add to the already enjoyable experience?
    - House Stark is maybe the worst ally - since they don't border with anybody they will immediately run back to the north and stand around there leaving the poor Tullys to fend off the entire south - maybe something could be done here? :-)
    - Recruitment at a major settlement, Harrenhal, is impossible due to Lady Whent sitting in there who can't do anything. Would it be an idea to make it possible to marry her off again so you can actually use the settlement ? :-)
    - I'm having troubles getting Lord Edmure to have children. Since House Tully has such a small family tree maybe some traits could be given to both the Blackfish and Lord Edmure that they will make more children? After 100 turns even though I married them both off before turn 10 none have produced an heir which is a little sad :-).

That would be all and again a big thank you for all your time and work - it is deeply impressive and this post is merely just a few suggestions of improvements :-)

Frengers

1. House Frey needs to be a vassal that can turn on you. That way you get credit for "owning" House Frey. Would like to see other factions like this in each region. Boltons, Florents, etc.

2. Its because you should play as the Starks! jk Another mod has the Starks in invested in a castle in the Riverlands to keep them down there. You could gift them a castle to see if they will stay?

3. There are a few "Lady's" that are widowed in castles. I LOVE that feature!, BUT its broken. The aging of generals and ladys is bugged. You can attach them to a levy unit and then disband it. Now she has passed and place a new Lord in the castle that doesn't have a claim elsewhere.

4. Kids and Aging are the biggest problems with the mod. Your Generals get to 90+ years old very quickly yet never seem to die or have babies.

Another that I modded out...

1. Northern cavalry has an upkeep of 1. Maybe cause the general units have an upkeep of 1?