Thread: CTD

Default CTD

Crash to desktop on turn 6 every time

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: CTD

Can you provide a log?
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I cant get it to save a log. Every faction CTD on turn 6.

So I did some testing and, I should note, on my first playthrough, I got a CTD during the rebels on Turn 2. However, all subsequent tests gave no problems and I got to, and exceeded, turn 6 with multiple factions. Without a log, I'm going to have to assume one of two possible issues:
    1) Incorrect Install:
    a) Before installing v3.0, per the install instructions, you should have deleted your mods/rotk folder and desktop shortcut to purge any previous version of the mod.
    b) When actually installing the mod after all parts are downloaded, bear in mind the install instructions as we have two separate installers that must be run in order. First run the Rise of three Kingdoms 3.0 part1.exe then, after it has finished installing and verifying files, close that installer and then run the Rise of three Kingdoms 3.0 part2.exe.
    c) I would suggest deleting the mods/rotk folder and reinstalling the mod, making sure to carefully follow the install instructions. Give it at least 2 tests (as the first could unexpectedly CTD); if you are still having the same issue, see problem number 2 below.
    2) Faulty Download:
    a) Uploading and downloading digital information, especially GBs worth of information, can cause for the tiniest of errors in data transfer to occur. It might not be enough for the mod not to start, but can cause issues at certain points. If a reinstall, as noted above, did not work for you, I would suggest completely deleting both the mods/rotk folder and your downloaded files. You will then have to redownload everything and then reinstall the mod once that is complete.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Redownloading: you can actually verify all your downloaded files by placing them into one directory called Rise of three Kingdoms 3.0 - then download the torrent file, start it and make the parent folder the download directory. Example: if the above directory is in the download directory then point the torrent to the download directory.
    The torrent will then check the files and download where the verification failed.

i did clear install for everything on my new computer, has the same problem.From turn 6 or 10 if you move your screen view around Jingbei, its CTD. I cant get it to save a log too. Your mod is awesome, but its unplayable for me
    Last edited by Minn; December 22, 2018 at 02:10 AM.

Blog Entries

The log is the default log in the M2TW root directory: system.log.txt

yes, i know. But this log file doesn't has any code, i did everything but its unchanged.

i post my video of CTD here. Hope that helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMdkV2muYs
    Last edited by Minn; December 22, 2018 at 05:45 AM.

Hmmm... that certainly is strange. If you re-enable Fog of War, does it still happen?

Also, is this your first campaign? If so, starting a new campaign may fix the issue.
    Last edited by Seether; December 22, 2018 at 08:28 AM.

Yes, its still happen!

Check my edit about first campaign.

Blog Entries

Found the problem:

It's line 144, 145, 185 and 205 in descr_aerial_map_ground_types, that texture (cultivated4.tga) does not exist. Same with cultivated3 in line 125. Replace those entries with cultivated_low.tga
    Then there is high_mountain1.tga in lines 192 and 212, those can be replaced with high_mountains.tga

Sorry about the mess. I'll issue a patch together with a few minor issues in the next 12 hours.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 22, 2018 at 11:49 AM.

Libertus

I've reinstalled 3.0 twice (according to the guide), and I still crash around turns 5-7 constantly with each faction i've tried (Liu Bei, Gongsun Zan, Sun Clan all crashed on turn 6 last night before i reinstalled). Changed to run as admin and then started a "throw away campaign" after the reinstall with Ma Teng and crashed on turn 6. After that, i started a Liu Chong campaign and it CTD's on turn 7 (when the Yellow Turbans spawn). I can't even load up that save anymore, it just CTD's each time and wont even load it.

I don't have any logs for it, but hope this gives you a bit of insight. Hopefully the missing texture fix solves it!

Blog Entries

See post #12

A patch (3.0.003) is available to fix the crash that happens between round 5 and 7 (missing ground textures)

Libertus

The new patch fixed the issue, Great work Gigantus!

Best total war mod in existence. Thanks for the fix.

Libertus

I'm having CTD issues again around turn 70. I hit end turn and the game crashed. When I load back up the game CTD's while loading the save, so unfortunately I cannot tell you what turn it is exactly. My last hard save was turn 56. Playing a Liu Bei journey to Shu campaign. I spent over an hour consolidating and building up after taking Jingzhou out until the save got corrupted. Unfortunately I don't have the log from the original crash since I tried reloading the campaign again right away. But here is the logs when I continue from my autosave:

17:40:21.616 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    17:40:21.619 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:40:21.619 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:40:21.620 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:40:21.621 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:40:21.621 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:40:21.621 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:40:48.921 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    Last edited by KingRudiger; December 27, 2018 at 06:15 PM.

Did you update to either Patch 3.0.008 or 3.0.016 during the campaign? If so, that would have corrupted your save as neither are save-game compatible.

Also, please set your log to trace and try to reproduce the CTD, then upload the log here.