I need help with 2 things involving adding new skill to a lord's skill tree.

By piecing together tutorials I've found online I've managed to make all the 'db' changes I think are necessary (these are the files I've made my own versions of: character_skill_node_links_tables, character_skill_nodes_tables, character_skill_utilization_hints_junctions_tables, character_skill_tables).

My first issue is that these skills don't show up in game (maybe because I used indent=7 (tier= 0, 1 or 2) in the character_skill_nodes_tables file since it seemed to be an unused indent for the lords I was editing)
I uploaded the .pack file to the steam workshop and it show's in the "these mods are enabled" warning that pops up before starting the game, and then I start a new dark elf - mortal empires game and recruit a new lord to check.

(I've added the same 3 new skills to all the dark elf lord types)

My second issue is I'm not sure how I would make these skills have an effect in-game. I'm new to modding and making my first mod with these 3 new skills.
What I want the skills to do is each of them will change the loyalty decline rate on that lord by a percentage; and one of the skills I want to have the effect of removing the loyalty decline completely (like what the loyalty skill does on the vampire coast lords).

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers!
- Graven