Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 mesh in a general problem

Default 4 mesh in a general problem

Hello
    im trying to add 4 different mesh files to one single unit but when i do all the mesh show together in the model

[IMG][/IMG]

i dont know what im doing wrong, im sure it has something to do with the mesh together process?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: 4 mesh in a general problem

You can not add 4 .mesh to a general nore to any unit. You can add 4 models and their accessories like you do in you units and create ONE .mesh as general!!!
    For example:
    These 4 models are part of one .mesh called general :

The "unit" called general has 4 bodies, 6 helmets, 2 swords, 5 sword scabbards, 6 shields, 4 legs, 5 heads etc.
    In game: Random pictures:

That mesh takes a unit's place in the bmdb entries though.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

All the parts you need to appear together must be regrouped into one group. And all the four groups need to have the same macrogroup name in comments.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    You can not add 4 .mesh to a general nore to any unit. You can add 4 models and their accessories like you do in you units and create ONE .mesh as general!!!
    For example:
    These 4 models are part of one .mesh called general :

The "unit" called general has 4 bodies, 6 helmets, 2 swords, 5 sword scabbards, 6 shields, 4 legs, 5 heads etc.
    In game: Random pictures:

That mesh takes a unit's place in the bmdb entries though.
    You can not add 4 .mesh to a general nore to any unit - i think you are wrong about that i think i have done it before like 2 years ago, i dont remember exactly how

Do not confuse .mesh with the variety of models that resemble to a general.
    Do not confuse the character based general meshes that can apear (like Aragorn) with script and his mesh is separated from the generic generals mesh.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Do not confuse the character based general meshes that can apear (like Aragorn) with script and his mesh is separated from the generic generals mesh.
    i know i have done it before here you can see it ,this group has 4 different bodies, i think you are confuse with rome tw
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Arioria of mithlond View Post
    i know i have done it before here you can see it ,this group has 4 different bodies, i think you are confuse with rome tw
    [IMG][/IMG]
    You are confussing the total number of diferent body models and the CONSPEPT of the .mesh.
    I have a unit with 6 bodies, 5 legs, 6 heads, 12 shields, 2 spears, 4 swords, 2 cloaks, 4 bows, 4 maces and axes AND ALL OF THEM are ONE .MESH that is the unit that includes all these!!!!
    .mesh is the conversion of a 3d model no matter how many parts this model will have in a shape that game engine can "read" it and use it.
    Having multiple heads, bodies etc in a unit does not mean that EACH one of them is a mesh by its self. THE ENTIRE UNIT is the total form of .mesh .
    Allow me to know a bit more in this. You have created a unit but i have created hundreds!
    This unit is called Scholarii:

The .mesh named as Scholarii_lod0.mesh
    But the "mesh" includes:
    6 Bodies
    5 heads
    7 helmets
    5 legs
    5 sword scabbards
    6 swords
    3 3d belts
    3 maces
    1 axe
    2 bows
    4 arrow quivers
    4 bow quivers
    Can you calulate the available combinations?
    But all these form ONE .mesh JUST ONE.
    If you create 4 full bodies and name each one of them , general_lod0.mesh the game will put all together one on top of the other.
    The solution is :
    Open milkshape:
    Open GOM or GOAT
    Merge all bodies in to one unit with a common figure texture and a common attachments one.
    You will have :
    Code:
    body
    body_01
    Code:
    body
    body_02
    and so on...
    Name the new creation general_lod0.ms3d and the convert it to general_lod0.mesh
    The game will chose each time ONE of the bodies inside the .mesh as general

You are confussing the total number of diferent body models and the CONSPEPT of the .mesh.
    I have a unit with 6 bodies, 5 legs, 6 heads, 12 shields, 2 spears, 4 swords, 2 cloaks, 4 bows, 4 maces and axes AND ALL OF THEM are ONE .MESH that is the unit that includes all these!!!!
    .mesh is the conversion of a 3d model no matter how many parts this model will have in a shape that game engine can "read" it and use it.
    Having multiple heads, bodies etc in a unit does not mean that EACH one of them is a mesh by its self. THE ENTIRE UNIT is the total form of .mesh .
    Allow me to know a bit more in this. You have created a unit but i have created hundreds!
    This unit is called Scholarii:

The .mesh named as Scholarii_lod0.mesh
    But the "mesh" includes:
    6 Bodies
    5 heads
    7 helmets
    5 legs
    5 sword scabbards
    6 swords
    3 3d belts
    3 maces
    1 axe
    2 bows
    4 arrow quivers
    4 bow quivers
    Can you calulate the available combinations?
    But all these form ONE .mesh JUST ONE.
    If you create 4 full bodies and name each one of them , general_lod0.mesh the game will put all together one on top of the other.
    The solution is :
    Open milkshape:
    Open GOM or GOAT
    Merge all bodies in to one unit with a common figure texture and a common attachments one.
    You will have :
    Code:
    body
    body_01
    Code:
    body
    body_02
    and so on...
    Name the new creation general_lod0.ms3d and the convert it to general_lod0.mesh
    The game will chose each time ONE of the bodies inside the .mesh as general
    thanks for all the info sir, i know you know more than my ,i wasnt trying to convince you otherwise lol, i stop modding like a year ago and i forgot a lot of stuff
    Last edited by Arioria of mithlond; December 17, 2018 at 04:01 PM.

i guest i meant 4 bodies? 4 different bodies like with and without helmets and different attach

Right...Take a TATW unit and convert its .mesh with GOM converter.
    You will nottice that the model is separated to GROUPS.
    Heads, bodies (with or without legs), heads, helmets every kind of weapons , shields etc.
    If you want to make something like this with your generals do the same.
    For example.
    Created a full body from head to legs .
    Call it body_01
    Repeat as many times your texture can have such bodies.
    Body_01
    Body_02
    Body_03
    Body_04
    ..for example.
    Now create crowns and helmets but all the head grear must have the same groups name (helmets)
    Helmet_01
    Helmet_02 ...etc
    Do the same thing for swords, shields etc.
    Beware of the comments of each part. Follow this tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dieval-2-units .
    But instead of name it "elven_spearmen" you will call it elven_general_lod0
    Take a last check on model's and groups comments and save it. USE GOM to convert it in to .mesh and place it in a folder.
    The next step is to make its own entry in bmdb like all other units and if that "general" is trully only a general you may add its entry to desc_characters
    If he is a captain (you will place him in every elvish unit) then you must create a "office" entry in the units EDU.txt
    The examples i posted had to do with Generals.
    If you need captains you need to restart the same proceedure and name the .mesh elvish_captain_lod0 or somehow else if the bannermen in TATW are in the place of captains.

Take a close look in the picture above.
    The unit has a captain and a bannerman.
    With the same technique i made generals i created captains:

Each unit will apear in battle with a captain.
    That .mesh includes
    4 bodies
    5 heads
    4 legs
    5 sword scabbards
    2 swords
    5 shields
    6 helmets
    2 cloaks
    2 cloak bronches
    2 3d sets of belts
    Each time the game loads a unit it creates a captain ussing a combination of those materials like an average unit.

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

I also have a question relating to mesh variations and I hope you don't mind me asking here (I don't like opening new threads much) so here goes: I want to make a unit which combines 4 different units all of which are bowmen with specific secondary weapons that are thematically related to the body. So my problem is that I can compress each unit's body into one but the weapons will be mismatched because of how they have to be in the primary and secondary weapon groups (I'm decently new to modelling but this seems like something I couldn't just google). If I'm in the wrong thread please let me know and I'll start a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Matthias View Post
    I also have a question relating to mesh variations and I hope you don't mind me asking here (I don't like opening new threads much) so here goes: I want to make a unit which combines 4 different units all of which are bowmen with specific secondary weapons that are thematically related to the body. So my problem is that I can compress each unit's body into one but the weapons will be mismatched because of how they have to be in the primary and secondary weapon groups (I'm decently new to modelling but this seems like something I couldn't just google). If I'm in the wrong thread please let me know and I'll start a new one.
    2ndary weapons are dificult to make them spesific to each body. 4 diferent bodies (in Basileia ton Romaion 1.0 for SS 6.1 our Scythikon used 4 entirely diferent bodies presenting 4 diferent steppe warriors) is relativly easy. You make groups like a head, a torso , a leg and a helmet merged under a group named body_01 and you repeat 3 more times ussing body diferent numbers. Shields can be part of those bodies too. But weapons cannot. If a solution will come in mind i will inform you.

Ah yeah, I thought so (I used the skythikon as my reference ^.^) Originally I was gonna have them with the shields strapped to the back when firing and when using the melee they would be put in front, I'll just settle for the shields in the left hand constantly. Thanks for your reply though.

2ndary weapons are dificult to make them spesific to each body. 4 diferent bodies (in Basileia ton Romaion 1.0 for SS 6.1 our Scythikon used 4 entirely diferent bodies presenting 4 diferent steppe warriors) is relativly easy. You make groups like a head, a torso , a leg and a helmet merged under a group named body_01 and you repeat 3 more times ussing body diferent numbers. Shields can be part of those bodies too. But weapons cannot. If a solution will come in mind i will inform you.
    i tried this:
    Call it body_01
    Repeat as many times your texture can have such bodies.
    Body_01
    Body_02
    Body_03
    Body_04
    ..for example.
    Now create crowns and helmets but all the head grear must have the same groups name (helmets)
    Helmet_01
    Helmet_02 ...etc
    Do the same thing for swords, shields etc.
    Beware of the comments of each part.

and all the bodies still show up at the same time, what could i possibly be doing wrong? i very much want to learn this

same here i got a lot of questions and i dont want to open a new thread for a single question

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The comments is where it's all done, all your bodies (in my case it's only body1 but you can have as many as needed) but, the top line (where it designates where the group is placed) says body. The game can only use one group for each specification on the top line. SO if I wanted another body I would therefore have a group named "Body2" and in the comments it would say
    "Body
    Body2
    0"
    Make sure your bodies are in seperate groups and make sure all the commenting is done correctly.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The comments is where it's all done, all your bodies (in my case it's only body1 but you can have as many as needed) but, the top line (where it designates where the group is placed) says body. The game can only use one group for each specification on the top line. SO if I wanted another body I would therefore have a group named "Body2" and in the comments it would say
    "Body
    Body2
    0"
    Make sure your bodies are in seperate groups and make sure all the commenting is done correctly.
    yes i know, all the bodies are name like this
    Body_01
    Body_02
    Body_03
    Body_04
    and the right comments like this

Body
    Body_01

Body
    Body_02

Body
    Body_03

Body
    Body_04

and all the attach got the right comments too, i dont know what else could be wrong

Wait if i remember well in TATW those bannermen were captains and bannermen the same time. Do you use same unit name entry with them?
    IF NO upload the ms3d model with its textures (figure and normal map +attachments and normal map) to see what is going wrong.

Wait if i remember well in TATW those bannermen were captains and bannermen the same time. Do you use same unit name entry with them?
    IF NO upload the ms3d model with its textures (figure and normal map +attachments and normal map) to see what is going wrong.
    please take a look http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...64862735135234

You have 4 models SEPARATLY. Also groups like arms greaves that are part of spesific armor are in diferent texture and they will be used from all models.
    1: You need to gather all groups that belong to EACH body in one texture (for example 2-in each texture). In the space that will remain unused you can add items that all 4 generals will use (swords, shields etc).
    2: Groups that belong to ONE armor re-group them under the name (body_01 , 02 etc).
    Do that and i will make the final cut on those generals.
    CAUTION: If an armor belongs to certain character (his head must be in the re-group i mention above).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast