Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The effect of ''diversity and inclusion'' policies: white working class British kids worst performing group in education

Default Re: The effect of ''diversity and inclusion'' policies: white working class British kids worst performing group in education

Diversity and inclusion were always code words for genocide.

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: The effect of ''diversity and inclusion'' policies: white working class British kids worst performing group in education

I went to England in 2012 for about two weeks. I wasn't aware of the religious and ethnic tensions there at that time. The locals did mention about certain areas to watch out for, including certain areas in London. I know that they said it out of concern for me, but I really didn't feel that I was in danger anywhere in England. I lived in NYC for a long time. I'm used to living in a multicultural city. Most of the people in my area were African-Americans, whom I'm used to seeing. There was a time during the late 1970s and the 1980s when NYC had a very high crime rate (muggings, robberies, burglaries, gang shootings, rapes, and car theft). This precipitated the "White flight." The crime rate began to go down during the 1990s. But having lived in NYC for a long time, I don't have a fear of new immigrants.

Back to the topic on education, the US has a unique issue on affirmative action. Universities like Harvard raised the bar for the entrance exam scores on the Asians and the Asian-Americans. There are a lot of Asians in the universities from what I heard. And it wasn't through affirmative action. There are a lot of Asians who do well in the schools, but a lot of them are from the Asian countries such as China, India, South Korea, Japan, etc. The Asian-Americans got the same education as the other Americans. Many of them study harder than the average Americans due to the encouragement/pressure from their parents. But they still get lower grades when compared to the Asians from Asia, except in English. The affirmative action against the Asians is actually hurting the Asian-Americans more. Fortunately, there are certain universities such as UCLA that don't have this affirmative action.

I'll tell you an incident that I witnessed in New Jersey (near NYC). There's a district where a street is dominated by Korean businesses on one end and another ethnic (I don't know which ethnicity) business community on the other. Most of the businesses in that area are owned by immigrants. A local news journalist claimed that a restaurant owner (whose ethnicity that the news didn't mention) told the journalist that his business wasn't doing well ever since the Korean business community began to grow. The camera didn't show him saying it. I went to a Korean restaurant in that area that night. The parking lot of the restaurant that appeared in the news was packed with cars and men. And those men were all facing the Korean side. I guess they were expecting the Koreans to retaliate. Instead, there were very few Koreans in that entire area because it was late at night. And the Koreans who were there ignored the men in the parking lot. There was never any ethnic tension in that area since then. The Koreans weren't even aware of any tensions. I don't have proof, so I won't speculate the reason for what the news media did. It could just be a misunderstanding. This was before the Asians had the image of being studious and successful in America. There were a lot of good Asian students and successful Asians back then, but it was close to the beginning and most of the Americans weren't aware of it yet. I guess the men in the parking lot were thinking of the movies that depicted the Asian mafias. There was almost no positive depiction on the Asians in the US media at that time.
    Last edited by Ukiah; December 21, 2018 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Damian View Post
    One can argue that either a Russian or a bot is generating this gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukiah View Post
    Back to the topic on education,.
    Explains why the OP is such a crock. I can see the arguments that AA could harm the chances of some kids in America, but such policies are unlawful in the UK. A thread suggesting that an American policy (irrelevant to British kids), should be a concern, is doomed to failure.
    Last edited by mongrel; December 22, 2018 at 02:57 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

What?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I don't think these words mean that you seem to think they mean.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by 95thrifleman View Post
    What?
    Classic white nationalist talking point.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 22, 2018 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Unnecessary.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by 95thrifleman View Post
    What?
    I'm pretty sure that the whole liberal/left "its not okay to be white thing" is quite racist and implies specific group's having no right to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the whole liberal/left "its not okay to be white thing" is quite racist and implies specific group's having no right to exist.
    There is no evidence of such nonsense. All white genocide conspiracy theory does is suggest that the world owes white people a living whether talented or not, and instead of hard work, they should jump around and shout or run other white people down in cars in order to get their baubles.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    There is no evidence of such nonsense. All white genocide conspiracy theory does is suggest that the world owes white people a living whether talented or not, and instead of hard work, they should jump around and shout or run other white people down in cars in order to get their baubles.
    That's literally not what anyone has suggested, but I know better then expect a spin-less rational response here.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

White genocide conspiracy.^^

Reminds me on the "white pride" in the TV series "No offence."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; December 22, 2018 at 02:57 PM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Yeah, when you suggest that its not okay to be of specific race, it may be interpreted as call for genocide.

That's literally not what anyone has suggested, but I know better then expect a spin-less rational response here.
    Diversity and inclusion were always code words for genocide. , so said I_Damien.

TWC members can

-read
    - have memory spans longer than a goldfish.
    - one can presume I -Damien fits the decription of 'anyone'.

Yeah, when you suggest that its not okay to be of specific race, it may be interpreted as call for genocide.
    So when you say it's not ok to be from a middle-eastern country????????????
    Last edited by mongrel; December 22, 2018 at 03:37 PM.

I never said that it is not okay to be from Middle-Eastern country, so your whole "argument" is based on something nobody said, as usual.

I never said that it is not okay to be from Middle-Eastern country, so your whole "argument" is based on something nobody said, as usual.
    You are realy saying this, given your works to date.

I trust next time some middle-eastern migrants enter the EU in some numbers, you will have nothing but positive things to say about these ok people.
    Last edited by mongrel; December 22, 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Opposing mass-importation of welfare migrants is a purely fiscal standpoint that has 0 to do with race. Even you can try harder.

Opposing mass-importation of welfare migrants is a purely fiscal standpoint that has 0 to do with race. Even you can try harder.
    One would have an income of £30,000 to migrate into the UK , with the exception of EU citizens, who could be subject to the same rules.Nothing to do with welfare here.

I say again, do you do welcome brown people migrating on similar terms to the above?
    Last edited by mongrel; December 23, 2018 at 12:16 AM.

Yeah, tell us more about "refugees" with such income. Or just maybe admit that you are making no sense? People don't like mass immigration because taxpayer gets nothing out of it, and has to have his money spent on accommodating people with no job skills or even language. From taxpayer's economic perspective mass immigration is a terrible thing.

Yeah, tell us more about "refugees" with such income. Or just maybe admit that you are making no sense? People don't like mass immigration because taxpayer gets nothing out of it, and has to have his money spent on accommodating people with no job skills or even language. From taxpayer's economic perspective mass immigration is a terrible thing.
    They tend to land elsewhere. By the book Italy and Greece should take them in. In any event those who somehow get past May's tightwad system ought to be allowed to work asap.It tends to be the brighter ones or fitter ones who want to flee poverty or ISIS.

Now answer the question. Do you do welcome brown people migrating on similar terms to the above? Yes or no would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Now answer the question. Do you do welcome brown people migrating on similar terms to the above? Yes or no would suffice.
    Just to clarify, you are referring to skin colour and not shirt colour...?
    Resident Language Geek
    Baseless Assertions on the Celts Since 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Elmetiacos View Post
    Just to clarify, you are referring to skin colour and not shirt colour...?
    Let's use both , that's a fair test although brown shirts tend to be unemployable, so may not meet the criteria.