Thread: How does the politics tab work?

Default How does the politics tab work?

After 1000+ hours of the WH series I decided to give R2 a shot for the first time, with the DEI mod enabled. I just have no idea how the politics tab works, what should I be keeping an eye on here? Thanks.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: How does the politics tab work?

Welcome to DeI, so!

1) INFLUENCE
    Influence is a % number coming from many things (political power, chars' gravitas, events, intrigues and other things)
    Every turn the game calculates it and give you a number (39% in your case).
    This number will trigger (like BALANCE INFLUENCE in your case, check the dots for the others) various effects depending on pre-set thresholds (which are moddable and differ between factions).
    I.e. for Rome having this number between mid values is a good thing (so try to keep influence not too low nor too high), while for kingdoms (or barbarians) best is to have high % values.

2) OTHER PARTIES
    Other parties chars are player's chars who belong to other parties.
    Other parties may cause civil wars (this feature begins something like at 15th turn, a message will pop up saying you aren't "protected" anymore).
    Every other party has a loyalty number (which comes from char traits - like mercantile/pacifist/hate barbarians for equites leader in your case -, intrigues, events, difficulty level and other things)
    Every turn the game calculates it and give you a number for every party (15 for equites in your case).
    Everytime this number goes under -10 (at least) for a party, you'll have a x% for civil war. % will vary depending on an hardcoded interpolation between the 3 different other parties' loyalty.
    Could be that a civil war is triggered even if you have 1% (so at least one 0ther party with -11 loyalty), so keep it in mind.

3) INTRIGUES
    Chech the charachters window for all those square and different coloured UI, read carefully what they do.

You can check some tutorials on youtube, like this one (the first one to come through search), but you get the concept reading my explanation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpm5-bawey0
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; December 16, 2018 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Welcome to DeI, so!

1) INFLUENCE
    Influence is a % number coming from many things (political power, chars' gravitas, events, intrigues and other things)
    Every turn the game calculates it and give you a number (39% in your case).
    This number will trigger (like BALANCE INFLUENCE in your case, check the dots for the others) various effects depending on pre-set thresholds (which are moddable and differ between factions).
    I.e. for Rome having this number between mid values is a good thing (so try to keep influence not too low nor too high), while for kingdoms (or barbarians) best is to have high % values.
    Is this true? im playing as the Iweriu faction and having major public order issues due to my influence being too high. I also have no idea how to lower it or to fix. It keeps saying "tribes are fearful" and giving me negative debuffs. I even tried reforming as a chiefdom but it did not help, i still have the tribes are fearful debuff. Does it go away if i can raise my imperium and switch to empire?

Quote Originally Posted by devilseys21 View Post
    Is this true? im playing as the Iweriu faction and having major public order issues due to my influence being too high. I also have no idea how to lower it or to fix. It keeps saying "tribes are fearful" and giving me negative debuffs. I even tried reforming as a chiefdom but it did not help, i still have the tribes are fearful debuff. Does it go away if i can raise my imperium and switch to empire?
    Promoting other parties members can help lowering the influence.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by devilseys21 View Post
    You have to check power from start and try not to go onto undesired situations.
    Balance you chars into parties and use intrigues.
    I'm not sure if empire automatically erase other parties, since I've never get to it, think not, btw.