Thread: The American Revolution Mod 2018 Update v2 Released! (replaced by 2019 update)

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Icon3 The American Revolution Mod 2018 Update v2 Released! (replaced by 2019 update)

It's been a LONNNNNNNG time coming but here's a patch to fix long standing issues with the Options Menu in the Launcher and true fix for the Uninstaller. (Finally!)
    Even the the old uninstaller hotfix was broken. This 2018 Update will correct those issues. Merry Xmas!

TAR v2.0 2019 UPDATE - REQUIRED! (24.6mb)
    Click Here to Download the 2019 Update

The American Revolution Mod Launcher Issues Corrected:
    Play Buttons Fixed (2019)
    Application Load Error Fixed (2019)
    (This error only occurs when Empire and Steam are installed to different drives)
    Grenades Option fixed
    Artillery Fast Reload Option fixed (was causing TAR missing files error)
    Enlarged Deployment Zones Enabled Option Fxed
    Fonts Size option fixed
    Unit Pack Compatibility updated to latest version as of December 2018
    Markers Option Fixed
    TAR Units Availability Option Fixed
    Forgotten Settings Issue Fixed
    Warpath Restrictions Removed
    Uninstaller Fixed
    Liberty Video Links Updated

Installation Instructions (Updated Jan 2019):
    1. - Uninstall any old versions of TAR that you may have installed.
    2. - Insure that vanilla is working, verify ETW Files as needed
    3. - Install TAR 2.0 Public Beta 2 (but don't start the Launcher yet!)
    4. - Install the TAR 2.0 2019 Update
    5. - Use The American Revolution Mod icon on your desktop to Configure and Play!
    (Please Note: the TAR Launcher needs to stay open while playing the mod!)

Enjoy!
    Last edited by hip63; January 03, 2019 at 11:36 AM. Reason: new update

Default Re: The American Revolution Mod 2018 Update v2 Released! (improved re-release v2)

I installed the v2 mod then update 2018. When start the launch and choose any campaign, then click Play button, nothing happens. ETW doesn't launch. Steam is running. something is wrong with latest update I guess. please fix

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The American Revolution Mod 2018 Update v2 Released! (improved re-release v2)

Same here

The mod does not work for me too.! Like the previous fellas said when click play nothing happens it does not open steam or if i have the steam open it won't run the mod whatever campaign i choose..! We need a fix guys, i remember back then with the previous version i could play but with CTD.!???

Well I run it from steam with the launcher open icould play the game and I started a campaing with the 13 colonies a 13 colonies campaign and I hope that is v2 and that I will be cool.!

holy I can't believe this

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Working on a 2019 update to fix the Play button issues

hip63

Libertus

Default Re: The American Revolution Mod 2018 Update v2 Released! (replaced by 2019 update)

I posted under technical, but TAR does not work for me. IT will run correctly the first time I play it after installing, but in the following days it will CTD and not load (CTD at save game load); it will also corrupt ETW so it won't work either. Tried 1600 mod after uninstalling TAR and have played many days with no problems. I disable the mod when I am finished with ETW for the day and then enable when I wish to play again, that is correct, no?

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: The American Revolution Mod 2018 Update v2 Released! (replaced by 2019 update)

Quote Originally Posted by weasel65 View Post
    I posted under technical, but TAR does not work for me. IT will run correctly the first time I play it after installing, but in the following days it will CTD and not load (CTD at save game load); it will also corrupt ETW so it won't work either. Tried 1600 mod after uninstalling TAR and have played many days with no problems. I disable the mod when I am finished with ETW for the day and then enable when I wish to play again, that is correct, no?
    Did you download the 2.0 version and the update sir?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...E-New-Add-Ons)

Working perfectly for me.
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; March 18, 2019 at 09:16 PM.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Libertus

Yes, 2.0 + update on a clean install. Works the first time around but after that it will CTD when trying to load the game. I DL'd the files 3 times and did Steam verification and new installs (deleting any and all folders including appdata). Too bad too, as the Cherokee I had captured Florida, S. Carolina and Maryland but of course to play the game after that required a new install. Also tried the deleting of the scripts and cache but that did not work either.

This error is occurring in both Win 8.1 and 10.

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by weasel65 View Post
    Yes, 2.0 + update on a clean install. Works the first time around but after that it will CTD when trying to load the game. I DL'd the files 3 times and did Steam verification and new installs (deleting any and all folders including appdata). Too bad too, as the Cherokee I had captured Florida, S. Carolina and Maryland but of course to play the game after that required a new install. Also tried the deleting of the scripts and cache but that did not work either.

This error is occurring in both Win 8.1 and 10.
    Hmmm? leave it with me ,I will do some investigation and see what can be done sir, unless hip63 can shed some light on the problem.
    Edit...It might have something to do with a microsoft update that is causing problems ? let me find out for you.

The update KB4482887 has been creating huge performance problems for some gamers on Windows 10 (version 1809), affecting mouse movements and graphics.

Suggested fix by Microsoft: uninstall the update.
    This may be the cause?

Newman55f9's Avatar Libertus

Well this is the best news I have had for awhile! Old news but new to me!

Newman55f9's Avatar Libertus

Weasel65, did that fix it?

I had a similar problem with the old Mod. I had been running the skins from the Toon predecessor that only changed graphics ( I was Toon's historical consultant). When my computer died I tried the TAR out as now had a newer operating system. It worked fantastic once, then would crash. I couldn't get it to work so uninstalled but then the Vanilla version was broken too. Life got busy. My son got cancer so I just gave up on it. But we are almost through that now and he is old enough to play these type of games. I was very happy to see this was worked on as recently as 2019 but now have Windows 10 and am worried about breaking the game on this computer.

But it really sucks not being able to use the units I helped design.