View Poll Results: What should we do with the last faction slot?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use it for a new faction

35 37.63%
  • Use it for scripting purposes

58 62.37%
  • Not use it at all, leave it forever open

0 0%
  • Something else entirely, not listed above!

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [30th Faction slot] What would you like to see?

Default Re: [30th Faction slot] What would you like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    The "ideal" path in my mind would be to find a way were we could select the faction roster for a specific campaign. For example, if you were playing with carthage, maybe it would make more of a challenge if you had AI factions like syrakuse, messana or ilergetes around you, in place of some other eastern factions. How it would work? You launch EBII and it opens a menu that lets you choose the factions in your roster. So probably, most of the current factions (more active in the time period) would be locked on the roster, leaving like a 5 or so slots the player could pick. Quintus Mod for epeirus is the spiritual inspiration for this idea.

Unfortunately this would give a ton of work to an already busy team, besides the nightmare it would be to make a proper balanced campaign map, probably a lot of crashes it would cause, not save game compatible...etc.

Maybe someone will be interested and try to make a mod out of this, I wouldn't recommend
    That could be solved with a submod focused in the west and another focused in the east but of course it would be a lot of work, so many work that it could very well be another mod.
    Still, imagine a submod focused in the Second Punic War, with Hannibal and Scipio fighting as well as other famed persons and with these factions:
    Roma, Carhage, Makedonia, Celtiberian, Lusitanian, Ilgertae, Insumbres, Aedui, Arveni, Syrakuse, Massalia, Capua, Aetolian league, Ptolemaic Egypt, Seleucid Empire, Pergamon, Boii, Galatia, Rhodes, Pontus, Achaean league, Iberian cities, Galician, Dardani, and many others x)

Editing an existing faction, the way I did for the Syrakousai submod (updated version in the works), is much easier that creating a new faction from scratch.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    That could be solved with a submod focused in the west and another focused in the east but of course it would be a lot of work, so many work that it could very well be another mod.
    Still, imagine a submod focused in the Second Punic War, with Hannibal and Scipio fighting as well as other famed persons and with these factions:
    Roma, Carhage, Makedonia, Celtiberian, Lusitanian, Ilgertae, Insumbres, Aedui, Arveni, Syrakuse, Massalia, Capua, Aetolian league, Ptolemaic Egypt, Seleucid Empire, Pergamon, Boii, Galatia, Rhodes, Pontus, Achaean league, Iberian cities, Galician, Dardani, and many others x)
    That would be a major mod by itself, so allot of work indeed, specially to do the proper research up to EB II standards. Still a great idea, better than mine.

It seems the team have at least already one new faction in the forge, but if they didn't would it make sense having the two remaining slots be divided into "west rebels" and "east rebels" for a more cohesive challenge? And the "rebels rebels" representing provinces or areas of the map that weren't that active on the time period.

I voted for scripting, because I don't feel that there are any factions I'd love to see that we are missing, so I'm content with the current lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    That would be a major mod by itself, so allot of work indeed, specially to do the proper research up to EB II standards. Still a great idea, better than mine.

It seems the team have at least already one new faction in the forge, but if they didn't would it make sense having the two remaining slots be divided into "west rebels" and "east rebels" for a more cohesive challenge? And the "rebels rebels" representing provinces or areas of the map that weren't that active on the time period.
    DBM tried in a second patch but didn't really finished the concept, you can play it, but it's not that good, still the map is more restricted to the west and you will have a lot of territories in that part.

Hum..no. Already if this last faction slot is reserved for sripting we can have another "global" rebel faction, there is no need for west/east rebel factions especially because there were so many peoples in the Ancient times that we can't really just divide them in east and west, it's a lot more than that.

Another faction is cool and all, but I am perpetually amazed with how much insane depth you fellas manage to get from scripting. Given that you are so damn good at it, to the point that it just seems like magic, I think you should use it for scripting!
    | Kilo11's Library
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing
    | Community Creative Writing

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4