Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Vox: deplatforming unwanted opinions works!

Default Re: Vox: deplatforming unwanted opinions works!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I hadn't registered him as noteworthy until he started pushing NAMBLA nonsense. Wasn't he just a troll shooting fish in internet barrels? Hardly political, whoever he worked for.
    The first time I saw him was this:

Which the internet tells me was before he worked for Breitbart. Evidently his career had primarily consisted of being a journalist for The Catholic Herald before that. Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    An accusation based on nothing and a strawman.

Liberal tactics 101.
    Cool. Given silence indicates assent, your position on Yiannopolous' claim that being raped is good for boys is...?

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    The first time I saw him was this:

Which the internet tells me was before he worked for Breitbart. Evidently his career had primarily consisted of being a journalist for The Catholic Herald before that. Hmm...
    Looks like a troll feeding on the soft edge of feminism, I mean there's plenty of material there but its hardly the cutting edge of political brilliance. He certainly wasn't blacklisted for that, it made him rich and famous. I definitely agree with you the end came with his rape comments, I don't think his hate-baiting politics brought him down.

Well done OP though, six pages about a nonentity. If this a troll its top tier.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Cool. Given silence indicates assent, your position on Yiannopolous' claim that being raped is good for boys is...?
    A quote taken out of context. Kinda the same thing retarded liberal media tried with Trump over and over during the electoral campaign with the ''grab them by the pussy'' video, which fortunately didn't impress anyone and resulted in a well deserved kick in the teeth for the media that pushed it.

Praeses

A quote taken out of context. Kinda the same thing retarded liberal media tried with Trump over and over during the electoral campaign with the ''grab them by the pussy'' video, which fortunately didn't impress anyone and resulted in a well deserved kick in the teeth for the media that pushed it.
    ...there's a context where stating that being raped is good for boys makes it OK?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

...there's a context where stating that being raped is good for boys makes it OK?

You just said it.

being raped is good for boys
    Too easy. I win.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; December 16, 2018 at 03:50 PM.

You just said it.
    Too easy. I win.
    Except, the context of Milo's comments (foul language, beware) shows us that he talked about how good it can be for a 13 year old to have a relationship with a 28 year old. He ends his comments on pointing out that thanks to his priest at childhood he's good at oral sex. By all means, he was trying to normalize what is essentially pedophilia.
    The Armenian Issue

Big news:
    Advocates of deplatforming are getting a kick in the teeth by the free markets and getting deplatformed themselves, because nobody reads their crappy content anymore.
    https://www.economist.com/business/2...-of-its-lustre

Thoroughly deserved. Hopefully they all go bankrupt, lose their jobs and end up on the streets.

Also, Patreon had deplatformed Sargon of Akkad for calling white supremacist n-word on another platform, thus not violating any of their rules. Considering there's large evidence that Patreon users use the n-word on the platform but don't get banned, Sam Harris, 15th top fundraiser on the platform is leaving, citing arbitrary and politically biased enforcement of the rules. Dave Rubin and Jordan Peterson are also considering quitting.

Good, this goes in the direction of what I was advocating, cut all the ties with this people. Ultimately, they make money off consumers that they hate. No more. We need to split societies and these insane psychopaths get their safe space a la North Korea, no trade, no economic activity whatsoever, walled out, nukes aimed.

Big news:
    Advocates of deplatforming are getting a kick in the teeth by the free markets and getting deplatformed themselves, because nobody reads their crappy content anymore.
    https://www.economist.com/business/2...-of-its-lustre

Thoroughly deserved. Hopefully they all go bankrupt, lose their jobs and end up on the streets.

Also, Patreon had deplatformed Sargon of Akkad for calling white supremacist n-word on another platform, thus not violating any of their rules. Considering there's large evidence that Patreon users use the n-word on the platform but don't get banned, Sam Harris, 15th top fundraiser on the platform is leaving, citing arbitrary and politically biased enforcement of the rules. Dave Rubin and Jordan Peterson are also considering quitting.

Good, this goes in the direction of what I was advocating, cut all the ties with this people. Ultimately, they make money off consumers that they hate. No more. We need to split societies and these insane psychopaths get their safe space a la North Korea, no trade, no economic activity whatsoever, walled out, nukes aimed.
    You posted the same context using a different article in your opening post. 5 days later you try to pass it on as if it's a development. Did you not read your own opening post? Are you deflecting from your other failing arguments?
    The Armenian Issue

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    You posted the same context using a different article in your opening post. 5 days later you try to pass it on as if it's a development. Did you not read your own opening post? Are you deflecting from your other failing arguments?
    Freedom of speech is only okay if it's his side doing it. He did the same thing in a thread he started about about PC supposedly killing comedy.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

His article basically just talks about Vox Media, Vice, and Buzzfeed which apparently have captured only less than 1% of the internet-advertising market. This is in comparison to Google and Facebook who captured most of the internet-advertising market.

Google and Facebook are the biggest de-platformers there are. Don't tell Basil that though, i don't think he actually read his source like usual.

Sargon got banned. Boo hoo. He used a racial slur and thus Patreon doesn't want to be associated with him. Considering the amount of people who use Patreon i don't think Sam Harris leaving is going to affect anything.
    Last edited by Vanoi; December 17, 2018 at 11:29 AM.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Freedom of speech is only okay if it's his side doing it. He did the same thing in a thread he started about about PC supposedly killing comedy.
    Hey, comedians say it. Not me. Besides, it's not my fault if liberal comedians are NPCs: ''orange man bad'' ah ah ah. What a grey world you guy want to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    His article basically just talks about Vox Media, Vice, and Buzzfeed which apparently have captured only less than 1% of the internet-advertising market. This is in comparison to Google and Facebook who captured most of the internet-advertising market.

Google and Facebook are the biggest de-platformers there are. Don't tell Basil that though, i don't think he actually read his source like usual.

Sargon got banned. Boo hoo. He used a racial slur and thus Patreon doesn't want to be associated with him. Considering the amount of people who use Patreon i don't think Sam Harris leaving is going to affect anything.
    And Facebook is increasingly relying on Instagram. You know, the website that I know best for, half-naked Instagram "influencers" and ridiculously risque cosplayers. All good with me though. Hopefully people stop reading Facebook for actual news in general.

Yeah, Instagram, were empowered liberal women sell themselves to Gulf royals to do scat and camel sex.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456