Thread: Pyrrhus the Great (ROTR)

Default Pyrrhus the Great (ROTR)

Greetings! This mod will make you Pyrrhus, king of Epirus, in the year 279 BC when he had dilemma: help Syracuse against Carthage or continue war against Rome shoulder to shoulder with Samnites and Lucani!

Also this mod makes Carthage and Lucani playable in Rise of the Republic campaign (12 TPY).

You can use this mod as stand alone, but if you want to play with special units for Epirus, 10 new units for Carthage in ROTR campaign, get 500+ new units for all factions, AOR, 50+ new mercenaries, great battles and much more - Subscribe to REM Gold Edition!

Link to the mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1586087104

Last edited by Starsmil; December 11, 2018 at 05:30 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Pyrrhus the Great (ROTR)

Thank you for the mod, I like the idea of a mod based on a dilemma for the player's leader and being able to play as the Carthage or Lucani sounds like fun.

That's an impressive amount of units and new features when the REM Gold Edition is used!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Ooh, makes me interested in getting RotR even; will put it on my list ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

My first thought once ROTR was announced; this is a great dlc to turn it into the Pyrrhus campaign! You must have read that thought, Starsmil.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    My first thought once ROTR was announced; this is a great dlc to turn it into the Pyrrhus campaign! You must have read that thought, Starsmil.
    indeed, Pyrrhic wars would definitely benefit from having a much larger, dedicated map such as ROTR's. congrats on the mod, looks interesting. would have fitted nicely and added a lot to the detail of my Campaigns of Pyrrhus playthrough. keep it up;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    indeed, Pyrrhic wars would definitely benefit from having a much larger, dedicated map such as ROTR's. congrats on the mod, looks interesting. would have fitted nicely and added a lot to the detail of my Campaigns of Pyrrhus playthrough. keep it up;-)
    I think, Sarkiss, that now you've got to start that playthrough from the beginning. This time in a more microscale form.

I think, Sarkiss, that now you've got to start that playthrough from the beginning. This time in a more microscale form.
    yep, this would have been a lot less macro and lot more eventful with such diversity of settlements and factions. though im not sure if other unique DeI features (population, logistics...) are available here.

Thanks for good words about the mod, guys!
    @Sarkiss, this mod does not contain population or logistics features, but if you subscribe to my global overhaul REM, you will get tens of new features and effects, and I think, hardest possible CAI for Rome II.
    Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    yep, this would have been a lot less macro and lot more eventful with such diversity of settlements and factions. though im not sure if other unique DeI features (population, logistics...) are available here.
    Yes, as a matter of fact it's easy to get spoiled by all the features offered by DeI and hard to try something new once you det used to them.

That said, Starsmil's REM looks like an interesting proposition, too, and I have a feeling that it's received a way too little attention that it actually deserves.

I'm certainly going to give it a try with this Purrhus campaign at some point in the near future. First I just need to get hold of ROTR, which I have admittedly yet to purchase...

Yes, as a matter of fact it's easy to get spoiled by all the features offered by DeI and hard to try something new once you det used to them.

That said, Starsmil's REM looks like an interesting proposition, too, and I have a feeling that it's received a way too little attention that it actually deserves.

I'm certainly going to give it a try with this Purrhus campaign at some point in the near future. First I just need to get hold of ROTR, which I have admittedly yet to purchase...
    its probably on sale, check it out.
    totally agree about DeI and the 'spoiling effect' in general. i just cant go back to a more dumbed down/streamlined experience. maybe in the future something like Pyrrhus the Great could be added to DeI too, similarly to whats been done with WoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmil View Post
    Thanks for good words about the mod, guys!
    @Sarkiss, this mod does not contain population or logistics features, but if you subscribe to my global overhaul REM, you will get tens of new features and effects, and I think, hardest possible CAI for Rome II.
    Regards!
    got ya, thanks. will try and give it a go if i get some time during the holiday. well done

@Sarkiss, btw Rem has population system (modified POR2 mod) in all campaigns except ROTR. Also all armies consume 1 food in region where they are located. Famous generals get additional food supply, and many more changes!

Mod updated. Added Latin religion requirement for Triarii and Principes hiring.