Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

  1. #21

    Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

    here is the final episode of Makedonian Restoration. we've restored Antigonos' power and influence in both Makedonia and Hellas and so it is mission accomplished.

    in the video description, there is a link to the save for this game in case anyone wishes to take Antigonos and achieve even greater conquest and glory.

    also, try and read your history. several titles on Makedonian history (including military history) are also linked in the description.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

    Nice job! Sad to know that you have finished it. If you want to continue, I suggest you should go to war with the Epirotes, claim Ilyria and the Ptolemai cities in Anatolia

  3. #23

    Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Nice job! Sad to know that you have finished it. If you want to continue, I suggest you should go to war with the Epirotes, claim Ilyria and the Ptolemai cities in Anatolia
    No, I think he's taken the right approach leaving them be in their heartland (even if taking Athenai triggered a new war). Focus east and Anatolia, take revenge against the Galatians.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  4. #24

    Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, I think he's taken the right approach leaving them be in their heartland (even if taking Athenai triggered a new war). Focus east and Anatolia, take revenge against the Galatians.
    Makes sense, you know better than me in that area

  5. #25

    Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

    lots of possibilities as to what to do next after the point where the playthrough stopped. i actually went ahead and played for 3 more hours off record and thoroughly enjoyed it. war-peace diplomacy switch worked very nicely and i managed to seal peace with Epirotes after several turns of targeting their fleets. then KH agreed to peace, too (same reason, i reckon). they also quite cleverly removed that small army from Epirus (it fled there after being hit by me near Athens in the last episode) by sending the fleet over and dropped that force, reinforced by the general, in Crete. Pergamon declared war on me at some point after i captured Byzantium (the only settlement that i expanded to in this 3 hours of the usual turtle-play). i defeated Pergamese army and attacked fleets and ports and they came asking for peace, which i was very happy to agree to. overall, diplomacy plus naval operations look very good indeed. i left off being at peace with everyone but Ptoleis and having rebuilt and expanded mines and Royal Tombs.

    my only regret is that i didnt start to use the exe in mods/ebii sooner. really struggled with stability recording the first 4-5 episodes. now it looks really stable though. turn times literally take seconds (thanks for optimisations, QS!), though having an SSD definitely helps.

    oh, also love the small invasions script. didnt know it existed. most of the time i would drive that force across the border without destroying it. but it really enriches the playthrough imho by providing small goals to diversify campaign experience also giving it historical grounding (i.e. prompts to go north as Phillip did) that is really welcome.

    absolutely great stuff overall. a good old EB in all its glory

  6. #26

    Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    lots of possibilities as to what to do next after the point where the playthrough stopped. i actually went ahead and played for 3 more hours off record and thoroughly enjoyed it. war-peace diplomacy switch worked very nicely and i managed to seal peace with Epirotes after several turns of targeting their fleets. then KH agreed to peace, too (same reason, i reckon). they also quite cleverly removed that small army from Epirus (it fled there after being hit by me near Athens in the last episode) by sending the fleet over and dropped that force, reinforced by the general, in Crete. Pergamon declared war on me at some point after i captured Byzantium (the only settlement that i expanded to in this 3 hours of the usual turtle-play). i defeated Pergamese army and attacked fleets and ports and they came asking for peace, which i was very happy to agree to. overall, diplomacy plus naval operations look very good indeed. i left off being at peace with everyone but Ptoleis and having rebuilt and expanded mines and Royal Tombs.

    my only regret is that i didnt start to use the exe in mods/ebii sooner. really struggled with stability recording the first 4-5 episodes. now it looks really stable though. turn times literally take seconds (thanks for optimisations, QS!), though having an SSD definitely helps.

    oh, also love the small invasions script. didnt know it existed. most of the time i would drive that force across the border without destroying it. but it really enriches the playthrough imho by providing small goals to diversify campaign experience also giving it historical grounding (i.e. prompts to go north as Phillip did) that is really welcome.

    absolutely great stuff overall. a good old EB in all its glory
    What is this small invasion script?
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

    Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

  7. #27

    Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    What is this small invasion script?
    The human player of Makedonia has raids carried out from a number of sources until they establish themselves and deal with the sources of the raids.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  8. #28
    tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Makedonian Restoration (2.35)

    Great idea, I will watch whole series Starting with first video right now.



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •