Thread: Cannot patch my M2TW Gold Edition up to 1.05..Patch process cannot be launched

Kleitos_'s Avatar Foederatus

Default Cannot patch my M2TW Gold Edition up to 1.05..Patch process cannot be launched

hello,
    i just wanted to patch my german "Medieval II Total War Gold Edition" (in the options the version is shown as 1.03 and Kingdoms with 1.04) with the 1.05 Patch. But i always get the same error message. ..i extracted with 7zip the files outside the M2TW folder. ..is it maybe that i have to extract it into the games directory to have it work?? ..dont wanna mess the game up if this isn't the right way.
    in the sticky: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Download-Links it is mentioned "to run the unpacker" ?? Is this something i have to do while installing the original game (the 1.04 version)? Because i just made a normal installation.
    would be very pleased if someone can help me out here.

thanks,
    Kleitos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails patch.jpg  

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Cannot patch my M2TW Gold Edition up to 1.05..Patch process cannot be launched

no you don't have to unpack to do the patch.

But make sure you have the german gold version 1.05 patch.

there is like 40 diff versions of the damn patch and its easy to get the wrong one. I believe germany has its own patch for 1.5. Also theres diff patches for gold and non-gold versions...oh the old days of games.

If that still doesn't work, i suggest looking at gigantus steam install guide. If you have steam in germany you can use your gold cd code to get it on steam free, which will auto update to 1.05. Just need to tweak some things to get mods right on steam. Its in the guide.

Additionally, if you have a different version than the germany one, you need to get the right patch for that version.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cannot patch my M2TW Gold Edition up to 1.05..Patch process cannot be launched

Yeah, changing over to Steam might be the best option here. Steam gives you the option to change the language in case it installs in English.

Once installed, proceed as follows:

1. right click your game in the library, choose properties'
    2. click the 'language' tab
    3. select your language, the update will start immediately

This little tutorial should be of interest: [Resource] Quickfix für stumme Fraktionen
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 07, 2018 at 09:39 PM.

Kleitos_'s Avatar Foederatus

Thanks for the tips. ..with your thorough guide for steam - i have it now the definitive edition. Just have to make the mod now running.
    thank you very much,
    kleitos

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

good luck! enjoy the game.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries