Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Endgame

Default Re: Avengers 4 (Trailer!)

Without that it's more just the symbolism. It's more, he's fighting SHIELD, so he's not wearing SHIELD's uniform. He goes back to his halcyon days of WW2.

Whoever wasn't finding it on their own:
    Last edited by Gaidin; December 09, 2018 at 02:35 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I'm wondering, with
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    the Guardians getting genocided and the rest being decimated,
    will there be some of the B-team showing up, like the Defenders for example?

Doubtful. When you look at the surviving heroes of Infinity War, most of them were the Gen1 Movie heroes. There were a smattering of side characters thrown in like Okoye. Ant-Man has a strange exception for a strange, and probably highly useful and needed technology reason(every other Ant-Man character is dust). But, pretty much every hero left standing got his start before Marvel's The Avengers. Endgame is what it is. It's also the end of a story. Some might keep going, but others, probably not.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I imagine they will be present for the final battle with Thanos but I think most of the movie will be without them.

Also the Russos did say they considered adding the Defenders early in the development but ultimately decided against it.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Putting in the Defenders would have created too many legal complications with Netflix.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Blog Entries

I mean I'm sure they could have worked it out.

If anything it might have boosted the numbers of people watching those TV series knowing that there were four more heroes are out there.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; December 09, 2018 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Accidentally a word

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't watch Netflix superhero shows, or Netflix shows in general. But yeah, I might've actually watched them if they were present in the movies. Might've made the movies worse tho.

About all I would've done with the Defenders to make them movie relevant is had a second Defenders as a response to the Snappening. Their own local event. Not put them in the movie. But Netflix and Marvel are parting ways, so it's pretty irrelevant.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    About all I would've done with the Defenders to make them movie relevant is had a second Defenders as a response to the Snappening. Their own local event. Not put them in the movie. But Netflix and Marvel are parting ways, so it's pretty irrelevant.
    Considering they are actually parting ways, I'd argue a second Defenders tackling the snappening from their point of view is even more likely now, just not on Netflix. I imagine at least Daredevil is popular enough to warrant an inhouse continuation or reebot, and since the general public now also know JJ, LC and IF a bit better than they did before the Netflix shows they may as well come along for the ride.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Disney are bringing out their own TV service, Disney plus (I think), Disney own Marvel. That's why Marvel and Netflix have dissolved their relationship. Disney aren't silly, so the chances of DD having a future are pretty good.

Blog Entries

I'd kill for a second season of Defenders but I wanted either dark Matt (Shadowland) or gangster Luke, not Snappening aftermath.

I'd take either though.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame

I would think Chris Evans... seems like it.

What I noticed was frisbee is back.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

We have a month to speculate.

Have fun.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

What are they going to do after Thanos? Kree Skrull War maybe?

I could see them phasing out some of the Avengers for new ones. Ironman, Captain America and possibly Thor. Didn't they get rid of Hawkeye or something?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Didn't they get rid of Hawkeye or something?
    Isn't he in the trailer as Ronin or something? i think his family got dusted.

Anyway im tired of this movies to be honest.

Then don't go see them.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast