Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trump and the Emoluments Clause

Default Re: Trump and the Emoluments Clause

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    I don't believe either of you understand the concept of "risk vs reward."
    I don't believe you understand law.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

JP...If it's illegal, it's illegal. He should not be receiving ANYTHING from his businesses at all, to top it all off. He didn't ing divest.

Why, again, are you defending this?

And keep in mind...This is what is currently being reported on. Who knows what will be discovered by the AG's of DC and Maryland during the course of the investigation.

Shouldn't be a problem at all if Trump isn't doing anything illegal...​right?

The current status of the Republican Party

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    JP...If it's illegal, it's illegal. He should not be receiving ANYTHING from his businesses at all, to top it all off. He didn't ing divest.

Why, again, are you defending this?

And keep in mind...This is what is currently being reported on. Who knows what will be discovered by the AG's of DC and Maryland during the course of the investigation.

Shouldn't be a problem at all if Trump isn't doing anything illegal...​right?
    IF IF IF IF IF, sure, if Trump killed a guy he'd be in jail. Let's look at the facts...

Saudis lobbyists book rooms at Trump hotel month before the election

Saudis got a bulk order discount

Somehow that's cranked through the propaganda machine that it's a bribe to the president for whatever reason.

Take a step back, they are essentially saying the Saudis buying a bloc of rooms a month before the election, at a lower price, influenced the President. Who's doing who a favor here? He got bribed because he offered his services at a discount. And by "He" I obviously mean the Trump organization. Would you be happier if he got full retail value? El oh El. And 270k, is peanuts to people like myself and especially people like Trump.

Swing and a miss.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Semisalis

Is it a typical American thing to brag about his own wealth if one runs out of arguments?
    Those laws are there to make sure that bot even a glance of corruption falls on a official.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It was actually the month after...you know, after he was already President elect, so...Yeah it definitely looks like a bribe. And their purpose, bringing veterans to the capitol to protest a bill that they didn't know about and one that greatly benefited SA? Yeah pretty of not only the Saudi's but also the Trump family.

Again...Politicians sell out their constituents all the time. I've already given you a lesson in that with my own congressman, who was thankfully voted out during the blue wave because he was trash. I'm not quite sure why you continue to be confused by this basic fact. Republicans especially seem to be only concerned about squeezing an extra dollar out of everything than actually doing their job. Party of fiscal responsibility my ass.

Rich people apparently have few if any qualms when it comes to questions of morality, it seems.

-------------------

In any case, looks like the Trump organization is under a greater investigation than just what DC and Maryland is doing...NY has joined the fun.

Man...It must be awkward being a sitting president and having nearly half a dozen separate investigations into your corrupt ass.

The current status of the Republican Party

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2