Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Now that v2.35 has dropped, what are you doing with it?

Default Re: Now that v2.35 has dropped, what are you doing with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Luigiones, I think. Or how the hell are these blue east germanic kind of guys spelled.
    Are they the vandals? I wanted to play some famous germanic tribe or similar also

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    I'll start with a nomadic faction, just to see the difference. Probably Nabatu or other Eastern. Is there any european nomadic faction?
    Strictly speaking, aren't the Sauromatae "European"? I mean, they're mostly west of the Urals, so they'd count.

Also, the Sweboz are a semi-pastoralist faction, IIRC.

@OP: Once the semester is over (darn you, Oyo paper!), I'll take another swing at the Aedui. I think the last time I played as my North Gallic Federation was back in 2.02b.

Civis

Just moved onto M2, was about to install SSHiP, checks EBII forum...
    ----- ---------
    HACKING INTO THE MAINFRAME!!!

Screenshot all the units in custom battle
    If you enjoy Song, Ming, and Qing dynasty history, check out Chinese mods here! http://www.wanmod.com/forum.php

Bayonets for FoTS: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538081
    IGdood's unit Packs: www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=11277523
    Kisho Ninja Unit Leader Tweak http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=522431
    IGdood's Mercenary Unit Packs: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Pack-Released!

Doing the gallic (Aedui) campaign I've been delaying since I've started playing EB1!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoundEFU View Post
    Please let me know what you think of the new Gallic voicemod, I would appreciate the feedback.

Took a while to get used to it (the voicemod from eb1 has been in my head for over a decade....), but its great! Very good voice acting and its quite immersive!

Im missing the HOPLITAI HAPLOI and SOMATOPHYLAKES STRATEGOU though in the greek voice mod... the new ones are great but i loved how they were said in the old voice mod.
    Last edited by Wulfburk; December 05, 2018 at 08:41 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by HoundEFU View Post
    Please let me know what you think of the new Gallic voicemod, I would appreciate the feedback.
    Really enjoying it so far, pretty epic! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    Are they the vandals? I wanted to play some famous germanic tribe or similar also
    They eventually turn into Vandals. They start out influenced by Celtic culture and become more and more Germanic with reform events as the game progresses.
    Resident Language Geek
    Baseless Assertions on the Celts Since 1996

Genava's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Elmetiacos View Post
    They eventually turn into Vandals. They start out influenced by Celtic culture and become more and more Germanic with reform events as the game progresses.
    The name is based on the Lugii of Strabo right?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugii

How many reform events they have? I thought there was only one occurring between 110BC and 90BC in game.
    The true heroes of science are the defenders of open-access like
    Alexandra Elbakyan. Even in my country, Switzerland, we cannot afford the access to all the publishers material. Sci-hub and Library Genesis help thousands of researchers in the world. Support them.

Installing at the moment.. it really depends, the highlight game of the last patch for me was a turn 450 or so Pontos, which was super satisfying to build up Asia Minor in and crawl out of their desperate position starting out. Really made me appreciate local colonies a lot, honestly I wish all factions had some variety of them (Allied Governments to be fair).

Reading through the Player Guide, I notice that while the sections for Keltoi have been expanded, certain factions like Getai, Lougiones, and Saba have not. Am I right in assuming they haven't had cool features like the mercenary function added to them? Honestly, I really feel like playing the political game with FMs, and it seems like there's the most interaction in that with Rome, Carthage, and now more recently the Keltoi.

Edit: Also, to anyone who's interested, I've updated my Extended Unit Descriptions mod, if you'd like those juicy numerical values listed for all the new units.

I think it's time for a Boii or Aeudi campaign
    Last edited by Cryoshakespeare; December 06, 2018 at 10:15 AM.

Finally I decided to start and Aedui campaign and being great so far! Lots of new mechanics compared to my KH previous one, looking forward to unite Gaul against Rome

Pergamon campaign.....its tough not antagonising the neighbours and trying to expand.

I'm waiting for Roma_Victrix to build the Roman empire with Nabatea or something out of the blue, but neglecting the much closer Mesopotamia in favor of Britain or Spain or something.
    ORANGE MAN BAD

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    I'm waiting for Roma_Victrix to build the Roman empire with Nabatea or something out of the blue, but neglecting the much closer Mesopotamia in favor of Britain or Spain or something.
    This guy pays attention.

Hey, I take offense to this. I usually play with Western Greek factions, so the Mediterranean is still the center of any empire I build, and that includes much of West Asia, including Anatolia and the Levant. So hah! That touches Mesopotamia! Take that!

And just for your info, mister Slaytaninc, I plan on finally playing Rome for a change, so that means I'll...definitely be taking Spain and Britain again. But I'll pull a Trajan and invade Mesopotamia too! Roman imperium without limits! The gods have granted it! Well, not all the way to the Western Han Chinese commandery in Korea, but you get what I'm saying: something something deus vult you infidel Parthians. Yeah, something like that.

I'll get around one of these days to playing a solid Bactria campaign too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Took a while to get used to it (the voicemod from eb1 has been in my head for over a decade....), but its great! Very good voice acting and its quite immersive!

Im missing the HOPLITAI HAPLOI and SOMATOPHYLAKES STRATEGOU though in the greek voice mod... the new ones are great but i loved how they were said in the old voice mod.
    NOOOO!!!! Not the Somatophylakes Strategou! That was one of my favorite battlefield voices! They always sounded so angry and intense, like they were saying it while trying to kick you or something. LOL.

Marvzilla's Avatar Ducenarius

Extremely undecided, on one hand I am used to and play and love the Hellenic Factions, especially Ptolemies, on the other hand I want to try out the new mercenary features. Looks like Ill play Boii ? I did play some rounds as Epeiros trashing Romans and Greeks, but I didnt quite feel it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargaron View Post
    Strictly speaking, aren't the Sauromatae "European"? I mean, they're mostly west of the Urals, so they'd count.

Also, the Sweboz are a semi-pastoralist faction, IIRC.

@OP: Once the semester is over (darn you, Oyo paper!), I'll take another swing at the Aedui. I think the last time I played as my North Gallic Federation was back in 2.02b.
    Hey there, the Sauromatae are part of the nomadic branch of the Aryan indo european people, so they are not european stricly speaking, they are closer to nomadic people such as the sakans and Parna as well as their settled kin in Persia, Media & co, some of their confederation settled in europe past the mods end date so you could roleplay that way

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdgriffin View Post
    Hey there, the Sauromatae are part of the nomadic branch of the Aryan indo european people, so they are not european stricly speaking, they are closer to nomadic people such as the sakans and Parna as well as their settled kin in Persia, Media & co, some of their confederation settled in europe past the mods end date so you could roleplay that way
    Part of the point was supposed to be a semi-sarcastic remark about how "European" doesn't mean all that much as an identifier. The Sauromatae (At game start, anyway) mostly live in "Europe," (aka a badly-defined peninsula sticking off of Eurasia) therefore they must be Europeans. And the guy did ask about European nomadic factions...

Seriously, categorization of people can get really bizarre. One of the end-of-semester presentations was on the historiography of Italian immigrants to the United States, who were apparently not counted as "White" for some reason by multiple 19th century sources. Then you get the whole "Africa begins at the Pyrenees" thing and it just goes downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    There was a reason they were changed: that is because they were wrong. The old voice mod work had misplaced stress accents and diphthongs that were split. So when it came down to it, I had planned to correct that, which only took me a few years to get off my ass and do it. I don't think my work is perfect, but compared to the previous guy it is a lot closer.

Also, my voice is a lot deeper than the previous guy.

Playing areaukoi for the first time in eb2 !!the game (because it is a game not just a mod)is incredible!!!!
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2