Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blut und Eisen - The Road to Paris.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Blut und Eisen - The Road to Paris.

Blut und Eisen

Quote Originally Posted by Letter three
    My dearest Ida,

I have finally received my posting, I will command two artillery pieces within the V. Armeecorps, 3. Armee. Certainly not the appointment I had hoped for.. I had a three day course to familiarize myself with the weapon we shall use, the Krupp C64 field gun.. Technology is coming far but instead of my dreamed appointment to the infantry I'm now stuck with brand new conscripts who've never seen an artillery piece before. I am to command a farmer's boy, smith's and factory workers. There are strong indications that we shall be moving out in a few days, perhaps even tomorrow. I hope for a short campaign. The state of the French army is deplorable whilst ours is superb and our Prussian leadership remains the best on the continent.

Excitement fills my heart but so does doubt. Will these sons of farmer's prove an effective force? I doubt it so much so, my dearest. If the almighty deems in necessary for me to fall on the field of battle I am happy to lay down my life, for I have served Prussia with distinction and dedication. Do not weep for me my love, as we will be reunited eventually. Do not read this words whilst weeping my love, for I have all intention to return to you and our children. I find it hard to put into words what I am feeling, my love for you burns a blazing fire in my chest, and my mind ever wanders toward memory of you. I pray for the day that I may return and sweep you into my arms.

Ida, my love for you is eternal, but my sense of duty outweighs all, Prussia needs me. Forgive my many faults, and the many pains I have caused you. Think to the happy times we have shared, and to our wonderful children, and to the many days to come. Give my love to Paul and Gretchen. Lest circumstances forbid me to write to you in the coming days you should know that you are always within my thoughts.

Your loving husband.
    Friedrich.
    Friedrich lifted his pencil from the paper which he proceeded to fold and put into his pocket. It was dark and nearing sleeping hours in this Westphalian conscription center. As an officer and Junker Friedrich enjoyed certain privileges which meant he had not been needed to be here as of yet. He awed several officials by turning up so quickly after the call to mobilization came. In the end it mattered not. The country was at war and the conscripts needed to move towards the front fast. Earlier that day Friedrich had received a list of names that would join him under his command. Christian Reinhardt, Konrad Schleiser, Helmut Reinhard Müller and Alois Grünfeld. More were to come but with their backgrounds they caused significant worry to the young officer. Who himself hadn't even been trained as an Artillery Officer. These thoughts kept the young officer awake at night but eventually he could put it away and get some sleep.

Early in the morning Friedrich von Lötzen is moving through the halls of the barracks adjacent to the conscription center. Proudly wearing his uniform, lacking any medals at this time, something he certainly hoped to improve on. Flanked by an old grey official assisting the army in the administration work a general mobilization brings with it. The old official indicated to the young officer that this is the place. Friedrich opens the door and encounters an almost empty barrack, only four people inside still sleeping. He nods his head to the official who promptly produces an extremely loud set of shouts at the young lads to get up and present themselves. Meanwhile Friedrich stood there, looking at this ragtag bend of men he was adamant on shaping them into an effective fighting force. The problem was.. he couldn't. At least not before they would reach the front line. They were set to get on a train towards the front within two hours.

While the men awoke from their sleep, Friedrich awaited them to present themselves. He hoped they had learned that at least..
    Last edited by General Brewster; December 05, 2018 at 03:43 PM.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Default Re: Blut und Eisen - The Road to Paris.

Konrad Schleiser fell out of his bed when the aging official woke him, landing hard on the floor. Dizzy and with an aching bump on his head, he quickly got to his feet and saluted their new officer. What little discipline had been shoved into his head somehow sprung into action without second thought. How his father would have berated him had he seen the young Konrad now, following orders like a true feudal serf.

"Musketier Schleiser at the ready, sir!"

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kurt Draxler arrived at the conscription center, having been assigned to an artillery unit in the 3rd Armee, fussing slightly with the buttons on the face of his dark blue Prussian uniform. It was early in the morning, but he was used to an early start to the day from assisting his father in the family business. He wasn’t particularly thrilled to be fighting a war for the Kaiser against the French agressors, but he wasn’t that apprehensive either. Kurt simply knew what was expected of him as an able-bodied Westphalian.

He greeted the slightly bored looking official, who told him the lieutenant was assembling the men in the barracks and he should present himself there. Upon emtering the slightly dark barracks area Draxler saw the lieutenant, a Junker from Prussia like the rest,

”Fußartillerist Draxler, reporting for duty sir”.
    Last edited by Aexodus; December 06, 2018 at 07:39 AM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

Reinhard awoke to the sound of shouting. Sitting up from his bunk he slowly turns and looks around in confusion, before realization struck him to where he was. Reaching over to the side of the bed he quickly grabs his boots and begins to slip them on. His father had advised him to sleep in his uniform; the old man being a veteran of the campaigns in Schleswig, he had given Reinhard some parting advise. As he took in the cold damp air of the barracks, the spartan furnishings, and fellow men he found himself longing to be back at his forge. The cold grasp of a hammer and the warm kiss of a hearth, and when he was done for the day a hot meal and warm bed waiting at home. He doubted he would be seeing that anytime soon. Standing to his feet he walks forward, straitening his jacket as he moves. Upon reaching the men who he identifies as officers by their clothing, or at least he hopes are officers he stands at a half passable attention "Musketier Müller at your service." he gives a salute.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Christian Reinhardt was the third of the young Westphalians to line up before the officers, and he was fastening the last button on his coat as he did so. He straitened his back as he stopped, and stiffened his posture and held his arms at his sides after saluting. Shadows hang around his seemingly tired eyes, but he moves with enough energy and drive to match the others.

"Musketier Reinhardt, herr leutnant!" he sounds off after the first two.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Last of the Westphalian recruits to pull himself out of bed and into line was Alois Grünfeld. The handsome youth's blond curls were a mess, and shadows marred his green eyes. Still, he did what he had to and after untangling his lean limbs, promptly slipped into his boots and marched - limped - dragged himself into position next to the others, a smattering of green men who seemed to be a little younger or older than himself.

"M-Musketier Grünfeld, herr leutnant!" Alois' hand sprang into a salute with a little more speed as the lethargy began to slough off, even if his normally sing-song voice was still weighed down with some drowsiness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Konrad Schleiser fell out of his bed when the aging official woke him, landing hard on the floor. Dizzy and with an aching bump on his head, he quickly got to his feet and saluted their new officer. What little discipline had been shoved into his head somehow sprung into action without second thought. How his father would have berated him had he seen the young Konrad now, following orders like a true feudal serf.

"Musketier Schleiser at the ready, sir!"
    Friedrich suppressed a laugh as this idiot fell. A nasal sigh was released.. if they all were as competent as this one they'd die several minutes after the first shell needed to be loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kurt Draxler arrived at the conscription center, having been assigned to an artillery unit in the 3rd Armee, fussing slightly with the buttons on the face of his dark blue Prussian uniform. It was early in the morning, but he was used to an early start to the day from assisting his father in the family business. He wasn’t particularly thrilled to be fighting a war for the Kaiser against the French agressors, but he wasn’t that apprehensive either. Kurt simply knew what was expected of him as an able-bodied Westphalian.

He greeted the slightly bored looking official, who told him the lieutenant was assembling the men in the barracks and he should present himself there. Upon emtering the slightly dark barracks area Draxler saw the lieutenant, a Junker from Prussia like the rest,

”Fußartillerist Draxler, reporting for duty sir”.
    Friedrich looked over his shoulder, looking at the man who had just arrived. He inspected him fron head to toe. Looked like this ragtag excuse for a soldier knew how to dress at least.
    He calmly says "Go stand in attention with the rest, is that understood Draxler?" Friedrich looked at the man, waiting for him to fall in line so to say.

Quote Originally Posted by chesser2538 View Post
    Reinhard awoke to the sound of shouting. Sitting up from his bunk he slowly turns and looks around in confusion, before realization struck him to where he was. Reaching over to the side of the bed he quickly grabs his boots and begins to slip them on. His father had advised him to sleep in his uniform; the old man being a veteran of the campaigns in Schleswig, he had given Reinhard some parting advise. As he took in the cold damp air of the barracks, the spartan furnishings, and fellow men he found himself longing to be back at his forge. The cold grasp of a hammer and the warm kiss of a hearth, and when he was done for the day a hot meal and warm bed waiting at home. He doubted he would be seeing that anytime soon. Standing to his feet he walks forward, straitening his jacket as he moves. Upon reaching the men who he identifies as officers by their clothing, or at least he hopes are officers he stands at a half passable attention "Musketier Müller at your service." he gives a salute.
    This one was something Friedrich thought to himself. Someone had thought him this old trick.. interesting he thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Chai View Post
    Christian Reinhardt was the third of the young Westphalians to line up before the officers, and he was fastening the last button on his coat as he did so. He straitened his back as he stopped, and stiffened his posture and held his arms at his sides after saluting. Shadows hang around his seemingly tired eyes, but he moves with enough energy and drive to match the others.

"Musketier Reinhardt, herr leutnant!" he sounds off after the first two.
    Finally someone to properly greet an officer von Lötzen noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    Last of the Westphalian recruits to pull himself out of bed and into line was Alois Grünfeld. The handsome youth's blond curls were a mess, and shadows marred his green eyes. Still, he did what he had to and after untangling his lean limbs, promptly slipped into his boots and marched - limped - dragged himself into position next to the others, a smattering of green men who seemed to be a little younger or older than himself.

"M-Musketier Grünfeld, herr leutnant!" Alois' hand sprang into a salute with a little more speed as the lethargy began to slough off, even if his normally sing-song voice was still weighed down with some drowsiness.
    Friedrich von Lötzen nodded at the elder official who was with him. He gave him a list with the names of the young lads before him and promptly was dismissed by Friedrich. He stepped further into the half empty barracks. Low straw beds with large cases before them for luggage. He went up and down the room for a moment. Gazing into each and everyone's eyes for a moment. Trying to spot a weakness for it. He wields the silence and the sound of his boots as a weapon. Sniffing out nerves as he has been taught at cadet school. Finally he stops near the end of the room, having a quick gaze outside, sunny weather outside and nothing to worry. Friedrich turns and clasps his boots together.

"Well" he says loudly before his high of tone switches. "I am Leutnant von Lötzen, I will be your commanding officer. We are tasked with manning and operating two Krupp C64 Fieldgun. We will master it and we will kill Frenchman with it. We shall be the best outfit in this Armee Corps and by god I will shoot you if you do not preform. Is that understood?!" As calm as he started, as roaring he ended. von Lötzen believed in his holy mission and he would excecute it to the fullest.

"Yes, herr leutnant von Lötzen." Reinhardt spoke first this time, almost immediately.

The twenty-year-old from Siegen stared straight forward, not letting his exhausted eyes follow the officer left or right in an attempt to seem self-disciplined. The site of the two officers, though brief and blurred with still waking eyes, had brought his mind down a particular path. From the onset of this morning's consciousness, he noticed the grey white mustache of the official - one he'd seen numerous times before - with the youthful face of the other. Now, standing in line straight-backed and complacent, he thought more on the new face he'd seen, and wondered how old this officer even was..
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; December 07, 2018 at 01:44 AM.

"Ja, leutnant." Alois replied with a nod, dutifully if without much enthusiasm. He raised a hand to scrape the night's detritus from one eye, and blinked more of his exhaustion away to get a better look at their new officer. Curious - he seemed about their age. Had he not introduced himself as their superior, the musician would've mistaken the greybeard next to him as their officer instead.

"Yes, sir! We'll kill those Frenchies good and proper!"

Konrad responded automatically with the others. He was surprised to see such a young commanding officer. He had expected a fat, old Prussian Junker with a walrus mustache and the pompous, aristocratic arrogance to rival any Frenchman. At least he threatened to kill them, like a proper stuck-up nobleman. Konrad figured they would have some fun for the foreseeable future.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Friedrich looked over his shoulder, looking at the man who had just arrived. He inspected him fron head to toe. Looked like this ragtag excuse for a soldier knew how to dress at least.
    He calmly says "Go stand in attention with the rest, is that understood Draxler?" Friedrich looked at the man, waiting for him to fall in line so to say.
    “Ja herr leutenant”

Draxler walked smartly over into line with the other 4 soldiers who would be his comrades in the battery. From dusting themselves off after falling out of bed, to scraping the sleep from their drowsy eyes, they weren’t the very most impressive unit he’d seen Draxler noted.

Draxler stiffened slightly, and tried to look straight ahead not following the pacing Junker, seemingly gazing into each soldier’s eyes as if trying to find a way inside their head...
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Citizen

“Ja herr leutenant” Reinhard snapped. "We shall drive these french swine back with swift and decisive action. They will come to rue the day they decided to test german mettle." If these Frenchman couldn't even take on a second rate nation like Mexico, how could they expect to match a modern and determined force.

Reinhard's first impression of his new commander was a mix relief, intrigue, and curiosity. The man seemed the fitting image of a young lieutenant. Remembering a quote he had heard about 4 types of officers, Reinhard wondered what catagory Leutnant von Lötzen fit into.
    Last edited by chesser2538; December 09, 2018 at 08:23 AM.

Blog Entries

"Yes, herr leutnant von Lötzen." Reinhardt spoke first this time, almost immediately.

The twenty-year-old from Siegen stared straight forward, not letting his exhausted eyes follow the officer left or right in an attempt to seem self-disciplined. The site of the two officers, though brief and blurred with still waking eyes, had brought his mind down a particular path. From the onset of this morning's consciousness, he noticed the grey white mustache of the official - one he'd seen numerous times before - with the youthful face of the other. Now, standing in line straight-backed and complacent, he thought more on the new face he'd seen, and wondered how old this officer even was..
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    "Ja, leutnant." Alois replied with a nod, dutifully if without much enthusiasm. He raised a hand to scrape the night's detritus from one eye, and blinked more of his exhaustion away to get a better look at their new officer. Curious - he seemed about their age. Had he not introduced himself as their superior, the musician would've mistaken the greybeard next to him as their officer instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    "Yes, sir! We'll kill those Frenchies good and proper!"

Konrad responded automatically with the others. He was surprised to see such a young commanding officer. He had expected a fat, old Prussian Junker with a walrus mustache and the pompous, aristocratic arrogance to rival any Frenchman. At least he threatened to kill them, like a proper stuck-up nobleman. Konrad figured they would have some fun for the foreseeable future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    “Ja herr leutenant”

Draxler walked smartly over into line with the other 4 soldiers who would be his comrades in the battery. From dusting themselves off after falling out of bed, to scraping the sleep from their drowsy eyes, they weren’t the very most impressive unit he’d seen Draxler noted.

Draxler stiffened slightly, and tried to look straight ahead not following the pacing Junker, seemingly gazing into each soldier’s eyes as if trying to find a way inside their head...
    “Ja herr leutenant” Reinhard snapped. "We shall drive these french swine back with swift and decisive action. They will come to rue the day they decided to test german mettle." If these Frenchman couldn't even take on a second rate nation like Mexico, how could they expect to match a modern and determined force.

Reinhard's first impression of his new commander was a mix relief, intrigue, and curiosity. The man seemed the fitting image of a young lieutenant. Remembering a quote he had heard about 4 types of officers, Reinhard wondered what catagory Leutnant von Lötzen fit into.
    Friedrich felt it as he waited for replies, the conscripts and their damned thoughts. He had no doubt in his mind that they were debating him in their heads. Calling him young, incompetent or something like it. He couldn't show it, these lads are vultures he thought to himself. They'll pray on his weakness and capitalize on it. Friedrich was more relaxed and pleased with the speed and compelling nature that Reinhardt and Grünfeld displayed. A faint smile appeared even. Which promptly disappeared when Schleiser spoke about killing Frenchmen. He waited for the other's to reply before addressing it. Draxler at least knew how and when to speak. He looks promising, Friedrich noted.

The good vibe Draxler gave was whiped of the table by Reinhard. Who also thought it desired to offer his opinion. Friedrich walked towards the Schleiser and Müller and stared both men into the eyes, cold as ice he said "It is either yes Leutnant or yes Leutnant von Lötzen." A grim face appeared on Friedrich's face, looking at everyone in the room. "You will speak as you are spoken too. Your opinions are irrelevant. You will adress me as Herr Leutnant, or Herr Leutnant von Lötzen. If I say , you will or so help me god your mother will not know how to differentiate you from a blown up piece of French titties!" Friedrich fumed and expected the conscripts to reply but he didn't wait for it.

Friedrich looked at Reinhardt and at Draxler before yelling "Reinhardt, Draxler, take these ragtag bunch of farmer's boys outside for a five kilometer run. I expect you two to keep them in pace. If anyone of you is not back here in 40 minutes than You shall run another 10 during the night!" Friedrich stood there, waiting for them to get a move on whilst the elder official returned to the room. Most probably having heard all the commotion.

Citizen

Müller filed out of the barracks quickly, happy to escape the scrutiny of his new lieutenant. Settling in behind Draxler he took off at a steady pace. His limbs loosening and heart rate increasing as he went. As he ran his mind began to clear of a cloud he hadn't realized was there. All of this was so much, so different. Looking to the men around him he realized that these people were all he was going to have for the foreseeable future. Some seemed competent enough, some he wasn't sure about. And it didn't look like the lieutenant was going to get them killed on the first day so that was a plus.

As the continued down the running path he looked around him at the masses of soldiers and equipment, some mulling about, some set to work on monotonous tasks, some doing drill with broomsticks. Butchers, and barbers, cooks and cobblers. The best Westphalia had to offer. And come tomorrow they would all be whisked away to a battle. Many not to return.

Deciding not to dwell on such thoughts, Müller focused back on the road. The It afternoon sun hanging in the sky.. Quickening his pace comes up beside Draxler. "If we hurry we should be able to make it." Looking the man over Müller noticed he seemed closer to his own age than to the boys behind him.
    Last edited by chesser2538; December 10, 2018 at 07:16 AM.

(ooc: so the rp started in early morning, like dawn. Lotzen said to be back in 40 minutes, or else do another 10 km at night, so this conversation happening just before dusk doesn't make a whole lot of sense)

There was a moment of hesitation from Reinhardt, one in which his breath ceased and his hairs stood on end. Then, with an audible exhale, he turned on a foot, trying to continue an affectation of discipline and began striding towards the door of the barracks.

"Yes, herr leutnant!"

The stride became a job, and then a steady run. Once outside of the barracks and into the cold morning air, he turned his head to see who Draxler was - the two led a column each, though each column had been assembled with no particular discipline or metered measure. Christian's only response to having been addressed directly to lead the pace, singled out with another, was bafflement and confusion. Fear, to be sure. He was awake now, and the world was dawning with this full awareness. The late July sunrise would make quick work of the moisture left over from the night, and the clouds of the horizon would disperse and beads of sweat would straddle their temples and thighs and pits in varying discomfort.

Another glance at the man running to his right. A second man breaks column and comes up on the other flank of Draxler. Christian listens, then cuts in, deciding to speak instead of save his breath.

"How old do you think he is?" he says from the other side.

(ooc: I'm claiming teal as Christian Reinhardt's color.)
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; December 10, 2018 at 04:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Friedrich looked at Reinhardt and at Draxler before yelling "Reinhardt, Draxler, take these ragtag bunch of farmer's boys outside for a five kilometer run. I expect you two to keep them in pace. If anyone of you is not back here in 40 minutes than You shall run another 10 during the night!" Friedrich stood there, waiting for them to get a move on whilst the elder official returned to the room. Most probably having heard all the commotion.
    Draxler was not happy with his fellow recruits. Even as a novice he knew it was foolhardy to give your opinion to your senior, he’d learnt that while working for his father. Though admittedly, von Lotzen lacked the masculine command of his father, due to his young age.

“Yes herr lieutenant.”

Turning left to his fellows to address them he said, “Müller, Schleiser, Grunwald, follow Reinhardt and I. This way.”

Müller filed out of the barracks quickly, happy to escape the scrutiny of his new lieutenant. Settling in behind Draxler he took off at a steady pace. His limbs loosening and heart rate increasing as he went. As he ran his mind began to clear of a cloud he hadn't realized was there. All of this was so much, so different. Looking to the men around him he realized that these people were all he was going to have for the foreseeable future. Some seemed competent enough, some he wasn't sure about. And it didn't look like the lieutenant was going to get them killed on the first day so that was a plus.

As the continued down the running path he looked around him at the masses of soldiers and equipment, some mulling about, some set to work on monotonous tasks, some doing drill with broomsticks. Butchers, and barbers, cooks and cobblers. The best Westphalia had to offer. And come tomorrow they would all be whisked away to a battle. Many not to return.

Deciding not to dwell on such thoughts, Müller focused back on the road. The It afternoon sun hanging in the sky.. Quickening his pace comes up beside Draxler. "If we hurry we should be able to make it." Looking the man over Müller noticed he seemed closer to his own age than to the boys behind him.
    Draxler looked over slightly bemused at the already puffing soldier, “You have ran before, right friend? I expect 5 kilometres to take us no more than 30 minutes. No need to hurry. To be honest, I believe the Juncker is more familiar with marching drill and military strategy than cross country running. As would be appropriate of his class”, Draxler added hurriedly.

"Yes, herr leutnant!"

The stride became a job, and then a steady run. Once outside of the barracks and into the cold morning air, he turned his head to see who Draxler was - the two led a column each, though each column had been assembled with no particular discipline or metered measure. Christian's only response to having been addressed directly to lead the pace, singled out with another, was bafflement and confusion. Fear, to be sure. He was awake now, and the world was dawning with this full awareness. The late July sunrise would make quick work of the moisture left over from the night, and the clouds of the horizon would disperse and beads of sweat would straddle their temples and thighs and pits in varying discomfort.

Another glance at the man running to his right. A second man breaks column and comes up on the other flank of Draxler. Christian listens, then cuts in, deciding to speak instead of save his breath.

"How old do you think he is?" he says from the other side.
    “The Prussian is younger than us for sure”, Draxler replied gesturing to himself and Müller, “behind all the pomp and uniform, he’s probably around your own age, Christian”.

Kurt Draxler was almost getting comfortable with his compatriots, before taking a more professional tone:

”A perimeter of the compound and back to the barracks shouod take us to 5 kilometres. Let’s get to it lads”.

Konrad stiffened up when he and Müller got chewed out by von Lötzen. No excitement allowed for the conscripted serfs, it seemed. He quickly followed the others out of the barracks as they began their punishment run.

While Schleiser considered himself fit after working endless hours in the steel factory since avery young age, the cold morning' country air was much different from the polluted city air. It burned in his lungs as he breathed and he had a hard time keeping up with the others. He pushed on though, feeling no desire to repeat the exercise at night. His interest piqued when the others started talking about the lieutenant.

"The Junger Junker must be a fresh off cadet school, no doubt. Probably hasn't seen a single battle, but already acting like he's Metternich or something. Let's hope he can keep it up once the blood starts flowing."

Citizen

Draxler looked over slightly bemused at the already puffing soldier, “You have ran before, right friend? I expect 5 kilometres to take us no more than 30 minutes. No need to hurry. To be honest, I believe the Juncker is more familiar with marching drill and military strategy than cross country running. As would be appropriate of his class”, Draxler added hurriedly.
    "Aye I have, Though It's been a while. Spend more time in my workshop than running these days." Müller's is of a lean build, but with a well muscled chest and arms. Acquired from years at an anvil and grindstone. "

“The Prussian is younger than us for sure”, Draxler replied gesturing to himself and Müller, “behind all the pomp and uniform, he’s probably around your own age, Christian”.
    Kurt Draxler was almost getting comfortable with his compatriots, before taking a more professional tone:
    ”A perimeter of the compound and back to the barracks should take us to 5 kilometres. Let’s get to it lads”.
    "Well look on the bright side, at least were not in the infantry." Müller said jokingly.

They all started chirping in from behind, and Christian realized none of them had ever had a previous chance to truly speak to one another. It was only now, at exercise, when they needed their breath the most, that they could question each other.

"So wait," Reinhardt halted the conversation, looking over his right shoulder briefly with a cursory glance, his tones going up and down with each throw of a leg, "How old are any of us?"

Alois had a difficult time keeping a straight face while their superior chewed out two of the other recruits. Still, his proclivity to smirk faded as the lieutenant ordered them all to go out for a morning run. While the Eslohe native was no stranger to the cool morning air of the countryside, he was used to getting up at a luxuriously late time in the day and being able to take in the sights over a warm breakfast & nice cup of coffee. He had to pace himself so as to not rapidly become exhausted, causing him to lag behind the rest, and with his breath visible in the cool air as he panted behind the others, he answered Reinhardt's query thusly.
    They all started chirping in from behind, and Christian realized none of them had ever had a previous chance to truly speak to one another. It was only now, at exercise, when they needed their breath the most, that they could question each other.

"So wait," Reinhardt halted the conversation, looking over his right shoulder briefly with a cursory glance, his tones going up and down with each throw of a leg, "How old are any of us?"
    "Twenty-one, myself. And you?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast