Thread: Total War: Three Kingdoms - Diplomacy Gameplay Reveal Breakdowns, Part 1 & 2 | HForHavoc

Default Total War: Three Kingdoms - Diplomacy Gameplay Reveal Breakdowns, Part 1 & 2 | HForHavoc

Hey all,

Not sure if this is where I need to post this, but I wanted to start up some discussion about various mechanics presented in both of the diplomacy videos for Three Kingdoms. It seems that CA could finally be stepping up their game not just from a diplomacy side, but with correctly implementing supplies, population etc etc.

Let me know what you all think!
    Havoc

Default Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms - Diplomacy Gameplay Reveal Breakdowns, Part 1 & 2 | HForHavoc

Well it appears I screwed up the links lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL3aRiO-VhM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dcd-kWhNT0

Here they are and hopefully that works :/

Default Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms - Diplomacy Gameplay Reveal Breakdowns, Part 1 & 2 | HForHavoc

Population is a curious feature. It is interesting that they seem to have fairly believable numbers for city population but obviously(and for good reason) not for army sizes. I would have thought they'd have scaled down the pop to match army sizes but no, we do indeed see commandery populations of over 1 million people. I think this means we can probably assume that population won't factor into recruitment though, which is a shame. Unless they scale that too, and have some sort of "Manpower" system that is a percentage of the population scaled down, but that seems bit over complicated.

Ultimately I think all the new diplomacy stuff looks great, and the best part is probably simply the QoL changes they have made. However IMO the main thing I am excited for is the Coalitions, Alliances, and Vassal relationships. I tried playing a Selucid campaign earlier today and it was honestly like herding cats, I was down to 3 Satraps by turn 4. Hopefully with the new changes as a vassal lord things might be a bit easier to control. And when part of an Alliance or Coalition, hopefully now that alliances are grouped rather than individual chains of alliances things will be a bit more cohesive and manageable, and you won't have stuff like allies declaring war on each other or on vassals. Also the idea of late game "Alliance Wars" between different power-blocks seems really cool if the AI can pull it off.

The diplo scene is what really got me hyped again for the game. If they've got the AI down like they claim in the video, then I think we've got a franchise-saving game on our hands.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Hi havoc

To make the links work you need to stricly copy the part after "v="

In this case qa-Sp1fwHmA and LG_Xy960Lqo

There is already a thread discussing the diplomacy videos here. It is best if you and AHumpierRogue comment there so everybody could see yours opinions.

Awesome thanks!