Thread: Armenian names

Default Armenian names

The Armenian names for generals are not Armenian. I can provide Armenian names to replace those. Also is it possible to change the "eastern" faces of the Armenians? the faces that are used by the Hellenic, and Nomads would be more realistic in representing Armenians, and people of the Caucasus in general than those "eastern" faces that look like they are from Sudan or the Arabian peninsula.

MALE NAMES:

Tigran
    Artashes
    Artavazd
    Armen
    Hayk
    Vahagn
    Hrachya- (Hur=fire/flame achya=eyed)
    Vrej (Vengeance)
    Vruyr
    Ararat
    Martik (warrior)
    Yervand
    Vartan
    Vahan (shield)
    Aram
    Avak (means first as in first born/elder)
    Zareh
    Koyroon(Lion cub)
    Jirayr (Jir=hardworking/capable ayr=man)
    Aznavur (Noble)
    Agnuni (agn=eye open eyed or alert eyed)
    Aspet (knight)
    Ara

FEMALE NAMES:

Anahit
    Nane
    Astghik (little star)
    Armenuhi
    Tigranuhi
    Satenik
    Lusine (lusin=moon luys=light)
    Gohar
    Erato (this is Greek but was name of Armenian queen of the Artashesian Dynasty)
    Arpine
    Arevik (little sun)
    Haykuhi
    Vartuhi
    Agavni (Dove)
    Last edited by armen; November 27, 2018 at 01:43 PM.

Default Re: Armenian names

Any input from the developers? Im assuming you guys would be interested because the mod aims at being historically accurate, and with the Armenian names, and faces it has its very inaccurate. Its the equivalent of having those same names and faces for the Roman faction.

Thank you. I've just come back from a 3 month break. Recall an older thread that listed names as an inaccuracy. The names will be changed as according to your suggestions. I may have some questions - would appreciate if you were around to aid with stuff like last names, should that become relevant.

Character faces - can be fixed. It's not my table but I will forward the suggestion. It may be a while before changes are seen in this area.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Thank you. I've just come back from a 3 month break. Recall an older thread that listed names as an inaccuracy. The names will be changed as according to your suggestions. I may have some questions - would appreciate if you were around to aid with stuff like last names, should that become relevant.

Character faces - can be fixed. It's not my table but I will forward the suggestion. It may be a while before changes are seen in this area.
    Thank you for the response. Yes I will be around to aid with the language, and thank you for your remark on the character faces. Itll be more accurate if it was like 70% helenic faces and 30% of the nomads. If only one can be used than it should be the Helenic faces

The character names havent been changed in the new update it still has the Babylonian/Assyrian sounding names I provided Armenian names will it be changed with an upcoming patch?

These will be changed, likely sometime towards the weekend. Never forgot about this - just haven't been able to find time for it
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    These will be changed, likely sometime towards the weekend. Never forgot about this - just haven't been able to find time for it
    Thank you. Great mod. You guys did a pheonominal job