Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Far right hate speech. What should be done?

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Default Re: Far right hate speech. What should be done?

The Antifa is infested with thugs, no doubt about it. I don't care anymore about the old formula of "some, but not all". If there's too many bad apples in a group i will not like and possibly despise them. And? What's the problem? Do i have to kiss and hug everybody? There's 7.5 Billion people on earth. Human life isn't so precious anymore. In fact i think it's an intrinsic aspect of postmodern individualism to resent the masses for being noisy, smelly and stupid. I have not a jot of sympathy left for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Rape and slavery are crimes. Being an oligopoly is not. Free speech not extending to private entities isn't a crime either.

They control what said on their platforms as I their right as a business. They don't control the Internet.
    If their platforms extend their influence too much then they do - which is why there is nothing wrong with forcing big tech to give platform to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    The Antifa is infested with thugs, no doubt about it.
    As is the far-right. Believe it or not, and this may shock you, but extremist politics tends to attract arseholes.

I don't care anymore about the old formula of "some, but not all". If there's too many bad apples in a group i will not like and possibly despise them.
    So you must hate the far-right too presumably because I don't see antifa or the hard left committing terrorist atrocities.But you don't presumably because of your cognitive dissonance.

And? What's the problem? Do i have to kiss and hug everybody? There's 7.5 Billion people on earth. Human life isn't so precious anymore. In fact i think it's an intrinsic aspect of postmodern individualism to resent the masses for being noisy, smelly and stupid. I have not a jot of sympathy left for them.
    No one is suggesting you have to love, or even like, everyone. But generalising and hating a whole group of people because of a small select few is stupid to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Actually, here is a video of just such a gang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTICRE0EMs8

They call them "Antifascist Patrols" here in Greece.
    There are many more such videos from various cities in Greece.

If you were to cross their path and you happen to "look like a fascist" to them (ie you have your head shaved, you are muscular, or whatnot, you would be in trouble, attacked by multiple assailants).
    There are numerous examples of individuals who have, actually being attacked by such gangs.
    But you shouldn't be worried. I am sure that you would be perfectly safe from them.

Happy?
    Funny you should go all far left
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10