Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DaC - Official Angmar Discussion

Default Re: DaC - Official Angmar Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    I don't think those iron helmets are very Arnorian. They look rough and plain, and I think they fit they new scheme as they did with Rhudaur.
    Not arnorian in a strict term. I wanted to point the similarity with dunedain helmet. correct me if I m wrong but it is the same model for ND general with a different texture.

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

It is not, It is the exact same helmet as the rhudaur swordsmen in your own game.

Angmarim Infantry and Archers
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Credit to Taro_M. His Lossarnach Axeguards were used as the base here for the torsos and shield.

Mount Gram Raiders and Marauders
    Last edited by Hummingbird; December 03, 2018 at 01:24 PM.

You are fast Hummingbird, very nice work.

Great work. So nice seeing the old angmarian orc looks preserved

Those looks so badass great job!

Dark colours,furs,axes looking really good sir.

I'm not sure how useful this can be, but I've been looking through the LOTRO wiki pages for character names for the new Angmarim generals. Here's a list:

Artagan, Branan, Cormag, Enan, Garvan, Uthagan, Muiráthakh, Akharn, Drostan, Domongart, Giric, Greum, Tavas, Tearlach, Cánnakh, Kyven, Rahan, Brennos, Crannog, Raith, Camran, Moridac, Finnán, Tarac, Torquil, Feradakh, Guirmán, Machar, Torcall, Fonn, Murdaigán, Othran, Rodakhan, Soltakh.

I think they sound fine for the general theme of Angmar and are still not so similar to the hillmen names that I recall. (I purposefully avoided any of the black Numenorean names)
    Last edited by Dsonsion; December 04, 2018 at 02:50 AM.

Maybe you could squeeze somewhere Witch-realm maurauders as uber elite, stomp everybody (especially dwarves) and frighten everybody in new Angmar roster or maybe Gundabad cause their warhammer looks so so epic and they are very scary looking, as some reward unit for something, they would be the only foot orcs.

Conscripts

Guardians of Carn Dum and Northguard

Darkblades (slightly modified Shadow Rangers; Dol Guldur will use the current Shadowbow model for them instead)

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Conscripts

Guardians of Carn Dum and Northguard

Darkblades (slightly modified Shadow Rangers; Dol Guldur will use the current Shadowbow model for them instead)

Loving the new unit models Hummingbird, though I think the colors could use some red tunics, no one in the Northmen culture group has them anymore since Dorwinion's Thorn units to their new purple a good choice in my opinion, but red would be great I think black is too over used and the red would make them stand out more
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Harad, AA, Khand, Dol Guldur and Dorwinion's Avari units are all red. Black and blue is going to be Angmar's colour scheme, not red. This has already been talked about and decided. Bright red plate armour looks ugly as heck, regardless.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They've got style!

I just saw Arachir last dev diary and want to say I really like the news units, nice work Hummingbird !

If converting Angmar's wargs to horse mount is always your goal I would suggest to use the old warg model (more wolf like)

-For consistency first : if it imply losing the scare horse trait it would make sense they are not copy of the classic "camel warg" who get it.
    -Then if the idea is to give them the speed and/or charge of the horse animation I think these wolves/wargs reflect more this swiftness. The bulkier version for mm and gundabad would stay as we always known them.
    -From lore perspective I think it's ok, it is known that differents breed of wargs exist in middle earth. Plus that your base idea for these wargs was from Tolkien's words the invasion by wolves of eriador.
    I know this directly refer to wargs hence why I suggest a different breed and not literally wolves.

As always it's just a suggestion take it as it is

Really cool unit Hummingbird! The more darker purple blue fits the evil men more than just blue good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkabad View Post
    As always it's just a suggestion take it as it is
    Hey, I know this is off topic but your name sounds familiar. Is it a dwarven name or title?

I always liked that wargs used camels , both for the scaring of horses (which is a MUST HAVE power for wargs) and the sloppy formations which fit more with the wolf pack charging.

I would suggest only turning one of the Wargs into horses and keeping the archers as camels. I like the camel wargs they are way more devastating on the initial charge shock than cavalry.

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

It's not the mount that makes the biggest impact on a charge if I'm remembering correctly, it's all mass and charge bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Harad, AA, Khand, Dol Guldur and Dorwinion's Avari units are all red. Black and blue is going to be Angmar's colour scheme, not red. This has already been talked about and decided. Bright red plate armour looks ugly as heck, regardless.
    Can you at least change the hauberks to blue instead of Black you can hardly see the Blue markings on the background, Black is way more defined on Blue
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast