Thread: Post of the Fortnight - Competition Commentary Thread

Flinn's Avatar All hail the Dude-hotep!
    Content Director Citizen Gaming Staff

Default Post of the Fortnight - Competition Commentary Thread

Use this thread to comment on the recent and past competitions, the outcomes, the style of the posts and what's not.

I remind you that commenting on the actual content of the posts participating in the PotF competition is out of the scope of this thread and thus will be considered off-topic and dealth with accordingly; as mentioned in the RULES thread, people is expected to nominate posts and to vote on them on the base of the quality of the post, not of the content: while one can argue that the content is part of the quality, it remains intended that no discussion which will focus on the content rather than on the structure of the post will be tolerated.. in other words, if you want to discuss the content, go where the post has been originally posted and use the regular patterns for any other D&D discussion.

A straight example:

"I like how user B put down and defined his positions, it was very much clear and even me, who I'm virgin on this matter, was able to understand easily what he was referring about", or "mhe, the way he defended his position is awful, I couldn't get a grasp on what he meant" are fine as comments, while "I'm on the same political position of user B, I also think that Mr President is an idiot and that he should do that or that.." is clearly commenting on the content and will thus be removed. Repeated offenders will be treated accordingly to the ToS.

It also remains intended that personal reference are still off-topic and that the ToS fully applies here as anywhere else in the D&D fora.

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Default Re: Post of the Fortnight - Competition Commentary Thread

Just a quick observation; I did not know the difference between the "Discussion" Thread and the "Commentary" thread. For the moment, the OPs are visible and you clearly see the difference. I believe in time, the difference may get lost. I make the following suggestion (no pun intended);

Post of the Fortnight - Discussion Thread to Post of the Fortnight - Competition Suggestion Thread
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack | Hayabusa Sushi|
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Be all you can be and Join MODDING STAFF now! |House of Noble Discourse

Flinn's Avatar All hail the Dude-hotep!
    Content Director Citizen Gaming Staff

thanks, noted Pike; I think it's quite clear (in general it is always wise for people to check the OP before posting), but if it will become confused I'll take care of editing the titles

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

Van Zandt nominated a post from the Curia. I thought it was a D&D only competition? No...?

Aexodus's Avatar stahp

Indeed, I’ll have to remove that.
    Under the patronage of Pontifex Maximus
    Check out the Post of the Fortnight Competition!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by elfdude View Post
    I don't understand, clearly if white people simply made better choices to treat others as their equal there wouldn't be all of this justified pushback.