Page 152 of 154 FirstFirst ... 52102127142143144145146147148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3068

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

i want to try the Best Sp\Mp campaign so stability of the mod is Vital Here and i think Darthmod is The Best All-around mod for all purposes on reddit , but how about imperial destroyer or imperial spelndour? already IS have new Rotr new version and ID is still at 6.0.

Also the Historical Feeling is very important to me , i like mostly to play as historical start then try a scenario and records every thing in my campaign as a story to enjoy the playing as it stress-less feeling to just have 2 hours per week to relax on conquering the World or missing up with the empire ,but what is very nice to see is the options(tweaks-minimods). i like to edit my mods to what i need at the campaign or battle like deployment zone closer to center to fix the reinforcement bug and range of units ,family tree visualization,Diplomatic penalties and the units stats to be edited if possible..
    Last edited by M.A.E; May 17, 2018 at 02:40 PM.
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Default Re: Where to get colour-change mod for unitcards in

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding the units for the ACW mod 3.6.2 version. As many of you know the mod is broken. It crashes in the middle campaign for which is unplayable. The ACW mod (in my opinion) the most popular out of all the mods for empire total war. “What makes it so great?” You say? The units. The ACW mod has some of the most unique and special units in empire total war. And we can’t play with them because the mod doesn’t work. So I’m here to ask someone who knows how to mod, to make unit pack with ACW units so we can play with them in vanilla.

I have a few questions important to me and I would be really grateful if some modder could answer them also sorry if some sound nonsensical but I never modded this game so I'm not sure what it's capable of and of what it isn't. Theres a lot of them sooo...

1. The most important and crazy to me is, would it be somehow possible to port the map of Britain and Ireland (but England would be just enough) from Thrones of Britannia into ETW? My mod would be set mainly in England and the current map with London only wouldn't suffice.I realise it's a completely separate game and I imagine with a different engine aswell but why not give it a shot right.
    2. Second question related to the first one, if this worked would it be possible to add brand new regions to this map (or reusing vanilla ETW regions but just repositioning them)?
    3. If porting the map from ToB wasn't possible, is creating a brand new map for ETW possible? I heard that it still wasnt discovered but that was some years ago so maybe since then somebody figured it out? One mod I played recently added some new regions so that made me think that this was discovered somehow. I know the game's developers arent very modder friendly with their games sadly
    4. I noticed that units can have up to 2 or 4 uniform variations, but can you also make variations for their headgear? Most units I saw had just one type of headgear. Moreover is it possible to give some variation to soldiers faces?
    5. More flagbearers and specifical flags for each unit, is possible? Having up to 3 flags per unit, and having each regiment have a different set of flags (lets say 1st one has blue flags, second has yellow flags and so on). Are also more drummers and officers a possibility?
    6. And I guess the last important question, is it possible to mix two different units into one? Imagine, a Regiment of foot in the game which has lets say 100 regular musketeers with some 50 grenadiers lets say divided into two parts, one on left and the other on the right of the unit. All in one infantry regiment. Ratio of musketeers to grenadiers would also change depending on the unit size you choose, so with 50 musketeers there would be 25 grenadiers. I also doubt this is a possibility but maybe somebody knows more.

Thank you in advance

Default Search for a mini one mod "fife and drum" for ETW

Hello, I address you, because I am new and I look for a small mod " fife and drum " for the musics of the units in ETW.
    Those whom I found by looking were unavailable, the links did not work any more.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentato View Post
    I have a few questions important to me and I would be really grateful if some modder could answer them also sorry if some sound nonsensical but I never modded this game so I'm not sure what it's capable of and of what it isn't. Theres a lot of them sooo...

1. The most important and crazy to me is, would it be somehow possible to port the map of Britain and Ireland (but England would be just enough) from Thrones of Britannia into ETW? My mod would be set mainly in England and the current map with London only wouldn't suffice.I realise it's a completely separate game and I imagine with a different engine aswell but why not give it a shot right.
    2. Second question related to the first one, if this worked would it be possible to add brand new regions to this map (or reusing vanilla ETW regions but just repositioning them)?
    3. If porting the map from ToB wasn't possible, is creating a brand new map for ETW possible? I heard that it still wasnt discovered but that was some years ago so maybe since then somebody figured it out? One mod I played recently added some new regions so that made me think that this was discovered somehow. I know the game's developers arent very modder friendly with their games sadly.

The short answer is no, no, and no. At best, modders have been able to make areas unplayable playable, but these regions already exist on the map. It is not possible to add or change borders. At best, you can add building slots, but tends to cause atability issues.

4. I noticed that units can have up to 2 or 4 uniform variations, but can you also make variations for their headgear? Most units I saw had just one type of headgear. Moreover is it possible to give some variation to soldiers faces?
    I am not a modeler, but I believe in TW, it is not possible to have variations within a single unit.

5. More flagbearers and specifical flags for each unit, is possible? Having up to 3 flags per unit, and having each regiment have a different set of flags (lets say 1st one has blue flags, second has yellow flags and so on). Are also more drummers and officers a possibility?
    I do not believe this is possible. You can have a specific regimental flag and a faction flag.

6. And I guess the last important question, is it possible to mix two different units into one? Imagine, a Regiment of foot in the game which has lets say 100 regular musketeers with some 50 grenadiers lets say divided into two parts, one on left and the other on the right of the unit. All in one infantry regiment. Ratio of musketeers to grenadiers would also change depending on the unit size you choose, so with 50 musketeers there would be 25 grenadiers. I also doubt this is a possibility but maybe somebody knows more.
    Thank you in advance
    You are correct. This is not possible.

Thank you for your answer, I already predicted that most of them arent possible, what a shame this game had so much potential and they let all it go. I could just make the mod about battles only, but without a campaign it just won't be it... Really disappointing that Medieval 2 was very moddable but they just stopped caring about future TW games.

There are still plenty that has been done with ETW. If flags are your thing, Regalia of Nations may interest you. Another mod of interest is A Proper Empire: Terra Incognito mod which uses scripts to add manpower among other things to the gameplay. Imperial Destroyer adds the playable area I referred to earlier. My mod, Imperial Splendour has also added some stuff as well. There are quite of few mods that change starting points and/ or location. You can check them out in the Hosted od forum here. Have a look around, you may find that ETW has a number of mods that make the game many enthusiasts favorite game of all.

Thank you for the tips, however I aimed to create a total conversion mod, not just adding new units or models nor new scripts, set in the 17th century. Hence I thought of combining two unit types into one (pikemen and musketeers) because the AI doesnt do a good job with using Pikemen as defensive units for musketeers against cavalry and combining them into one would be a perfect option. Maybe adding an already existing unit type like drummers, just changing their uniform and their weapons to pikes and just copy and paste them a few times so theres 100 musketeers and 50 pikemen. Just the ratio of pikes and muskets would be an issue also making sure the pikes stay in centre of the formation, not just in the front like officers or drummers. But I reckon not even this is a possibility.
    Moreover I heard that there was an attempt at making a secondary flag but it was just static but somebody came up with an idea to animate the flag. I used to animate a bit some time ago so I could give it a try but I dont know where to start nor do I know how animations in ETW really work.

I suppose changing only the visual of the map isnt possible aswell? No repositioning regions or adding new ones. I think I heard the map is basically just a texture but is it possible to change it to resemble England for example?

Default Re: Search for a mini one mod "fife and drum" for ETW

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallTall View Post
    Hello, I address you, because I am new and I look for a small mod " fife and drum " for the musics of the units in ETW.
    Those whom I found by looking were unavailable, the links did not work any more.

Thank you in advance.
    I can perhaps make such a mod and make it available. What kind of marching music did you have in mind? The standard "British Grenadiers" and "Preussens Gloria" etc?
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Hence I thought of combining two unit types into one (pikemen and musketeers) because the AI doesnt do a good job with using Pikemen as defensive units for musketeers against cavalry and combining them into one would be a perfect option. Maybe adding an already existing unit type like drummers, just changing their uniform and their weapons to pikes and just copy and paste them a few times so theres 100 musketeers and 50 pikemen. Just the ratio of pikes and muskets would be an issue also making sure the pikes stay in centre of the formation, not just in the front like officers or drummers. But I reckon not even this is a possibility.
    Nope, like Pikestance said, not possible. Units in the data tables are defined as discrete entities only, with all models inside a unit sharing the exact same weapons for all, except the officer type. No 17th century mixed unit formations of pike and shot can be created. However, you could make a type of unit with firearms as ranged weapons and pike for melee, although that would look weird.

I suppose changing only the visual of the map isnt possible aswell? No repositioning regions or adding new ones. I think I heard the map is basically just a texture but is it possible to change it to resemble England for example?
    No map modding is possible, except for what Imperial Destroyer has done which is make the "wilderness" areas into regions. This was achieved by exploiting fort placement coordinates on the overworld grid. All relevant map data is inside a pathfinding file/files that needs CA tools to be decoded and edited, which we never received access to. Without making sense of that data, nobody can change the map itself, borders and brand new regions.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Hi, so I apologize in the first place, because I didn’t get notice of your response.
    Otherwise it would be really nice of you indeed if it is possible to make a small mod like that. For your information, I have the right music, so I can pass you the one for the English, the Prussians, the French and the Russians. However, I wanted to know whether it is possible to attribute music to a particular regiment, because I have several, especially for the French. Thank you.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I reccomend you try Darthmod for Fife and Drum features.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Default Mod recommendation (Battle Mechanics)

I looked into some of the overhauls, and wasn't impressed with how some of them changed features I didn't want changed from vanilla.

Some of the features I did like were unit overhauls in DM, where the units were a bit more dangerous and the artillery wasn't nerfed (distance wise).

Any suggestions for what I am looking for?

The problem is that the DarthMod has never worked at home. That's why I prefer to have the mini mod that I add myself so I'm sure it will work in time ...

Icon5 Re: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

This isn't about a mod per se, but does anyone have a link to Lt. Chambers' mod manager for Empire, or is that dead?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm not aware of the mod manager you mentioned. Have you tried using this one; I believe it may have Empire included.

https://github.com/Kaedrin/warhammer-mod-manager
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by LordLurch View Post
    This isn't about a mod per se, but does anyone have a link to Lt. Chambers' mod manager for Empire, or is that dead?
    Have you tried PFM for NTW yet?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

@LordLurch

Here's lt-chambers mod manager download link
    https://www.moddb.com/games/empire-t...od-manager-1-3

And alternatively kaedrins (I checked the settings and ETW is included)
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    @LordLurch

Here's lt-chambers mod manager download link
    https://www.moddb.com/games/empire-t...od-manager-1-3

And alternatively kaedrins (I checked the settings and ETW is included)
    Yes, this is exactly what i was looking for. I'll probably have to try kaedrins' mod manager too at some point; I have heard nothing but positive things thus far.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Road to Independence - 12 Turn Per Year

A few days ago I started a new campaign in ETW and this time I use ETF (I always use it) and Alwyn's mini diplomancy mod, but despite that I can barely play the game with only 2 turns per year.

So, I wonder if a mod exist for that purpose, if not then see this as a request.

I think 12 turns per year is balanced and that makes the Road to Independence scenario, especially the third chapter, more appealing to play.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.